Home

EA Sports' Season Ticket Hears Crickets on Debut Day (Kotaku)

This is a discussion on EA Sports' Season Ticket Hears Crickets on Debut Day (Kotaku) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 11:42 AM   #41
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: EA Sports' Season Ticket Hears Crickets on Debut Day (Kotaku)

5,000 x $25 = $125,000 gross revenue

Yeah, that's pretty low numbers for a huge company like EA.

I'll be interested to see how the numbers look at the end of the weekend.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2011, 11:57 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

Season ticket is a beautiful thing. I got it mainly because i already had xbox live points so It only cost me 10 bucks. But it prevented me from making a 60 dollar mistake. I pre-ordered Madden 12 from Amazon and although I was excited about the game I haven't really enjoyed a Madden since Playstation 2 era. But I downloaded it last night and spent maybe 8 hours playing it between today and last night.

The game isnt very good. I can go on with what's wrong with the game but I wanna make this quick. I didnt like it is the main point and I was able to cancel my amazon pre-order and save 60 bucks. True, i lost out on the 20 dolllar amazon store credit and I could have re-sold Madden on Ebay and only lost perhaps 20 bucks but still, i didnt waste too much time.

But I also get to do a 3 day trail with NHL 12 and Fifa 12. 2 games i want to buy but wont if it isnt very good. Ea's season ticket allows you to not make a release day 60 dollar mistake. Is it worth 25 bucks? Perhaps not. but it isnt a complete waste of money. And for me it did actually save me money.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:44 PM   #43
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

Kotaku has posted some interesting stats on EA Sports' Season Ticket, in regards to Madden NFL 12.
Thats the thing. I spent only about 5 minutes in the Xbox Live section of Madder 12 after I downloaded it to get the new roster and then I was never in it again. I was messing with all the new offline franchise stuff. So all of the people that did the same thing would not have showned up on there either.

Some people forget the the offline play is still by far the most popular part of Madden.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:46 PM   #44
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

^^ Same here. I don't play Madden online. Maybe EA will release the total number of DL's. That's the best way to know if this thing was a real success.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 08-27-2011, 01:36 PM   #45
Pro

OVR: 10

5k is very underwhelming for a game that sells in the millions, like the article stated. Basically EA was trying to find a way to get some of the money that the early releasers were cashing in on every year. I like season pass because I was able to get madden off of ebay for $60 on Wednesday and I used season ticket as my negotiating point. I never considered buying it...if it allowed you to play a week in advance, cool. But that won't happen because too many bugs would be found in that timeframe and may really hamper sales.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2011, 01:48 PM   #46
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

I am fine waiting for the game an extra few days. Essentially renting it for $10 a day and then spending $60 on Tuesday is a waste of my money as I only play Madden and NCAA football.

I do like the Season Pass however, as it has already allowed those that bought it to find bugs and glitches early, saving those of us who wait the headache. Nice to see the depth chart freeze has already been fixed. Looks like the game has very few issues. If the Season Pass had been available for NCAA 12 I would have ran down to Gamestop and transferred my pre-order bucks to Skyrim.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:51 PM   #47
Banned

WadeWilson2099's Arena

OVR: 0

I picked it up yesterday as i had some points left over from a few DLC's items i bought. I was really looking forward to Madden this year so i figured id get the season pass to try it out. Glad i did because come Tuesday i will NOT be picking up the game. There are just a few things that bug me about the game that have no business slipping past the dev team. It's either incompetency or just plain laziness. Hopefully they'll patch the problems up and i can buy a copy.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:02 PM   #48
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WadeWilson2099
I picked it up yesterday as i had some points left over from a few DLC's items i bought. I was really looking forward to Madden this year so i figured id get the season pass to try it out. Glad i did because come Tuesday i will NOT be picking up the game. There are just a few things that bug me about the game that have no business slipping past the dev team. It's either incompetency or just plain laziness. Hopefully they'll patch the problems up and i can buy a copy.

Not sure what you are talking about, the game is really very bug free after seeing how screwed up NCAA 12 was out of the box. Seems like the problem with the depth chart was a problem with the first roster update so they released a second one to correct it very fast. How can you complain about that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »