Home

NCAA Football 12 Title Update #2 - Waiting on Approval From Microsoft and Sony

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Title Update #2 - Waiting on Approval From Microsoft and Sony within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2011, 11:00 PM   #97
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: NCAA Football 12 Title Update #2 - Waiting on Approval From Microsoft and Sony

Great news, I'm not one of those people that just chucks NCAA into the corner when Madden drops. Having two solid football games would be a beautiful thing, and NCAA has the potential to be great if they just clean up what needs some attention.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Old 08-29-2011, 11:12 PM   #98
MVP

BSanders's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NCAA Football 12 Title Update #2 - Waiting on Approval From Microsoft and Sony

Finally... I wasn't planning on jumping over to Madden so this is what i wanted to hear.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:22 PM   #99
Pro

OVR: 5

Taking their time is all well and good, and if the game comes out smelling like roses, I do not think that you will have too many educated individuals complaining. However, the fear is that EA said that it took so long because of the extra time that they wanted to take to make sure that the patch addressed everything, yet after 3 days of release the community will then find 5 additional bugs due to the patch. If that ends up being the case how can EA justify its extra time on the patch then? I am not going to trade my game in yet because I want to give this patch a chance, but my faith in EA has gone down over the past couple of years.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:31 PM   #100
Pro

OVR: 7

We are entitled to the product working as advertised. The whole talking down on gamers that purchased a product that have complaints is pretty low. We are not entitled to a perfect game but when 2 major advertised features are unusable out the box because of bugs...that is a problem and people paid their money for it to not be perfect but to atleast work...
Old 08-29-2011, 11:37 PM   #101
Pro

Bballplaya72's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by franko3219
Taking their time is all well and good, and if the game comes out smelling like roses, I do not think that you will have too many educated individuals complaining. However, the fear is that EA said that it took so long because of the extra time that they wanted to take to make sure that the patch addressed everything, yet after 3 days of release the community will then find 5 additional bugs due to the patch. If that ends up being the case how can EA justify its extra time on the patch then? I am not going to trade my game in yet because I want to give this patch a chance, but my faith in EA has gone down over the past couple of years.
Same here.

They usually have good idea's on how to improve their game, but they are implemented so poorly it begs to question if the designers know anything about the respective sport.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2011, 12:03 AM   #102
Rookie

OVR: 0

EA definitely shouldn't be let off the hook for the game being released with some glaring errors, but I take some solace in the extra time taken to make sure the patch is done well and done right. Granted, it doesn't mean the game will come out 100% but even if it's 90% and playable except for a couple little things, I think we can all survive and be happy until a more minor Patch 3 if necessary.
The complaining about the length of time this patch has taken is just impatience as we all want to enjoy this game as much as possible. Obviously the mistakes weren't something where one or two lines of programming code wouldn't have cut it.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:36 AM   #103
MVP

TheVinylHippo's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
According to EA, the update is hitting a bit later than expected to address a few additional stability issues that will improve the experience.
LMAO. A FEW stability issues? More likes hundreds
Old 08-30-2011, 01:36 AM   #104
Go Cougs!

WazzuRC's Arena

OVR: 26

While I'm disappointed that it's taken this long to see a patch finally released, I'm okay with it as long as it addresses all the major issues with the game (tendencies, OD problems, freezing, etc.).

However, there is ZERO excuse why we've yet to see a tuner pack. Wasn't this highly touted so they could update gameplay tweaks without patch submission? It's been a joke for two years running. What's the point of even having tuner packs if they'll just wait until the patch drops anyway?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »