Home

Madden NFL 12 Review (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Review (360/PS3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2011, 12:50 PM   #161
Rookie

OVR: 2
I DL'ed the demo, wasn't terribly impressed.

Picked up the game for my nephew, but decided to run with it for a bit to look around.

I'm.....torn. IN some aspects, it plays well, but I'm still having problems throwing the ball in spots I want, some animations just seem....nuts (like when I threw a screen, and the QB went into a :02 animation before throwing it), and the OLine blocking can be crazy (I should be able to score on said screen when there's 3 blockers and 1 or 2 defenders, but I got, um, got for a 2 yard game with little resistance from the linemen).

The initial presentation is awesome, and having the Eagles fight song play is nice (though they were still singing it after the Cowboys returned the ensuing kickoff for a TD and lining up for a PAT). But after that? I'm still waiting for a halftime show that actually compels me to watch, replays that point out the best plays of the game, and commentary that doesn't suck. I know some of you may not agree with this, and while it's not high on my list, it takes away some of the authenticity, IMO.

I don't know - I wouldn't call it the "best ever", and I agree that it's deep, but it's still missing something. Chris pointed out some things, but I guess I'm still waiting on that evolution that 10 was over 09.

EDIT - I know my thoughts may seem jumbled, but I think that's what the game makes me feel at times - nice at some points, could be better in others, absolutely no excuse in some areas.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2011, 01:41 PM   #162
Rookie

OVR: 0
So far I'm happy with M12, a lot better than M11 was where there was zero Def. There are super LBs in this game, but I think it keeps the passing game honest in regard with the Defensive play. I have figured a what to beat the Super LBs anyhow. I am not big on presentation and the other bells and whistles, IMO the gameplay is what makes the game for me. The fact that ever game is not a shootout, like in M11, is fine with me.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:24 PM   #163
Rookie

OVR: 2
I skipped M11 and picked up M12. I haven't delved deep into the game like the review has, but in terms of gameplay and fun factor M12 has got me hooked. The player models, animations, and AI improvements are light years ahead of M10 and I'm going to have some fun with game this year.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:43 PM   #164
Pro

Reggie16's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Madden NFL 12 Review (360/PS3)

ahh im torn i want this game but i think if i buy it ill get tired of it arghhh

Patiently Wating.....Madden 12, Ncaa 12
Old 09-01-2011, 11:31 PM   #165
Rookie

Catharsis:
A receiver pops open across the middle in a close game. The linebacker on the opposing team leaps up and intercepts a ball with one hand. I pull the game out of the console and smash it into pieces.
Ahhh....back to productivity, working out, and making lots of money.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2011, 01:00 AM   #166
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by jurr80
Catharsis:
A receiver pops open across the middle in a close game. The linebacker on the opposing team leaps up and intercepts a ball with one hand. I pull the game out of the console and smash it into pieces.
Ahhh....back to productivity, working out, and making lots of money.
Shenanigans
Old 09-02-2011, 03:20 PM   #167
Rookie

OVR: 1
can anyone help? i have madden 12 ps3, and play offline. When i got into the franchise draft, i was the 25th pick. Only simulation choice was to simulate the Whole draft, NO simulate to my next pick selection. The computer took all 10 minutes for each of the 24 picks ahead of my 25 pick. You can imagine how long this Process took! Is this correct, or is there something wrong with the specific game that i got? Can anyone shed any light on this problem, it would be helpful, thanks
Old 09-03-2011, 06:08 AM   #168
Rookie

KCWolfie's Arena

true to the game my *** they have producers in the game dont belive me check free agency they have a girl in there a old man who clearly dosent look like a rookie i mean come on man pathetic

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »