Home

NBA 2K12 Video - Los Angeles Clippers vs. Boston Celtics (OS Exclusive)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Video - Los Angeles Clippers vs. Boston Celtics (OS Exclusive) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2011, 04:16 PM   #329
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NBA 2K12 Video - Los Angeles Clippers vs. Boston Celtics (OS Exclusive)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
When 2k11 came out last year there was one thing that really bothered me about the game and it was the walk up/player with the ball (ex: pg at the top of the key pointing at his defenders to get out of the way etc.) animations being completely removed. When i saw the vid, I did notice rondo walking but it just wasn't what I was looking for.

What I loved about those animations were that they made you feel like you were controlling the pace of the game as certain guys, almost as if they had their own signature walk up animations. It was a real cool touch.

I thought they would fix and put all those animations back into the game and even add more but that walk up animation seemed very generic and robotic. The old ones seemed very life-like and i hate to use the term, but they had "swagger". It only a little detail but I def thought those would be addressed this year.
They were canned animations johnny, That's why they took them out in the 1st place as they were trying to get rid of all the canned ones. I did like them though.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:44 PM   #330
Rookie

OVR: 0
is it me does rondo look like he is on crack and has some gray hair?
Old 09-16-2011, 05:09 PM   #331
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by godsgift2dagame
Personally, I'm really disappointed. I guess I'm really expecting way too much with video games...*sigh*

While the game *looks* amazing, it still plays like 2K11 and any other NBA video game in history. There is zero or little interest placed on developing a solid to great pick & roll engine. I'm not talking about the basic call for screen and have the big roll, I'm talking about the a. lack of pro looking pick & rolls b. lack of ability to split a double team off a pick & roll (a la Wade) and c. lack of pick & pop option.
Couldn't you do all those in 2k11? I would not judge 2k12 too harshly on what can and can't be done in it by watching Ronnie play.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2011, 05:16 PM   #332
Rookie

OVR: 0
STOP omg chill out guys it probably on pro and casual or default, thats why it plays like that, trust me when you get the game their will be a difference
Old 09-16-2011, 05:36 PM   #333
Rookie

OVR: 2
Ball So Hared ...THAT **** CRAY...
Old 09-16-2011, 05:40 PM   #334
Rookie

OVR: 2
the game really does look great i just have 1 thing that i dont like and i never did and its amazing that the animation is still in the game...2k really needs to get rid of that overhead soccor style inbound pass thats often used for an outlet pass... that ish really grinds my gears
Old 09-16-2011, 06:14 PM   #335
Rookie

Low End Theory's Arena

OVR: 1

Noticed it was a 6 min quarter. This is probably too soon to speculate, but could this mean 6 mins is the new default for the game? (including online ranked. Though I really hope there are lobbies for ranked games of different lengths/difficulties)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2011, 12:20 PM   #336
Rookie

OVR: 1
8:02 was the best part. Could you do that in previous? Holy piss.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »