Home

FIFA 12 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on FIFA 12 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2011, 12:11 PM   #129
Rookie

Maxflier's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: FIFA 12 Season Ticket Early Release Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS

Why are you asking me? I'm hardly seeing any fouls at all being called in the game.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:19 PM   #130
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: FIFA 12 Season Ticket Early Release Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxflier
Why are you asking me? I'm hardly seeing any fouls at all being called in the game.
My mistake man. Misread the post.....I need more caffeine!
Old 09-27-2011, 12:48 PM   #131
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35

Was there a patch when you downloaded it from ST? Just picked it up and there is one...wonder if that has to do with the fouls.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2011, 01:15 PM   #132
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxflier
Play a few more games and see if you still feel that way.

I did and.... thanks for blowing my buzz

The foul thing is definitely a problem, I spent the better half of my second game running around trying to run into people. I managed to slide my way into a few yellow cards (2 of which added up to a red) but no outright red cards and it was tough to draw those cards.

It's a shame because for me in the demo I felt that fouls were just right.
It was definitely short sighted of ea to finally (a decade late) introduce sliders and not include a foul frequency slider. I guess it's because they have different refs with varying strictness levels but there's definitely a bug with the fouls.

I'm still going to enjoy the game though
Old 09-27-2011, 01:20 PM   #133
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
Did the cpu change formation or tactis when behind? Did they drop a defender for an attacker? Did they change shape to push forward?

I could probably live with the lack of fouls but I have to know the cpu will change formations and tactics as needed.

The game does feel good to play, for sure.
I honestly didn't pay attention to their formations, they did make a few subs but I can't honestly say I know Australia's national team well enough to know whether those subs were tactically smart choices. I did notice a bit more attacking and like I said I dodged a few bullets in the second half. A few nice saves by Howard, the goal which was called back for offsides, one that went of the side post which I thought was for sure going in.

I'll write a more detail impression once I get a few more games in. And maybe I'll go into the question thread and try to answer some questions from there.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:05 PM   #134
Pro

Playing Barac (Me) vs Real Madrid 10 min halves pro and it's a 1-1 game about 80 min in Madrid gets possession and I just heard the commentators say "it looks like a tactical switch" "they've gone into a much more attacking form, it almost looks like they have 5 players forward" *wording might have been slightly off but it's basically what they said*.

As a side note so far this game has 4 fouls so far which have all come from standing bumps; also 2 others where the advantage was played by the ref. No cards though.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:02 PM   #135
Rookie

mjarz02's Arena

OVR: 6

I do agree with most, that fouls are an issue, however I dont think its as bad as some are reporting. You have to work to draw fouls and cards. Using L1 or L2 or flicking with the stick to draw contact works pretty well. I think this was EAs intention to make people work to draw fouls.

I hope they tweak it a tad, but I think it will just take some getting use to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2011, 04:23 PM   #136
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

I haven't picked up either footie yet. Its painful for me to wait but I'm holding out for as much info as possible.

Did you see the "5 players forward"? Did they remove a defender?

I want to make sure its not just commentary

Quote:
Originally Posted by clid"?pperfan811
Playing Barac (Me) vs Real Madrid 10 min halves pro and it's a 1-1 game about 80 min in Madrid gets possession and I just heard the commentators say "it looks like a tactical switch" "they've gone into a much more attacking form, it almost looks like they have 5 players forward" *wording might have been slightly off but it's basically what they said*.

As a side note so far this game has 4 fouls so far which have all come from standing bumps; also 2 others where the advantage was played by the ref. No cards though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »