Home

NBA 2K12 Player Ratings Revealed, Including All Free Agents

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Player Ratings Revealed, Including All Free Agents within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2011, 02:16 PM   #185
Rookie

OVR: 4
randolph an 83? guess 2k didnt watch the nba last season. He is a beast, atleast an 87
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2011, 02:17 PM   #186
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NBA 2K12 Player Ratings Revealed (Most of Them)

How do you come up with theses numbers? You guys really need to stop.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:18 PM   #187
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by piccolomair
ive come to the conclusion you have never, ever, seen rose play basketball.
So you going to tell me Rose isn't the biggest choker since Vince Carter?
Old 09-27-2011, 02:20 PM   #188
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoop xyience
And your saying that to say what...anybody can go off in the playoffs but can you go off when it counts the most in the playoffs...1-3 quarters lights out 4 quarter " ill dish it to chalmers or miller" 6'8 260 with Marion/Stevenson/kidd guarding him...oh OK but I forgot I'm "stupid "
Never said that... You did...
Old 09-27-2011, 02:22 PM   #189
SimWorld C.E.O.

ronyell's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
everyones complaining about overall ratings & specific shooting ratings is always funny to me!!!
Quote:

OVERALL RATINGS TAKE INTO ACCOUNT ALL ABILITIES!!!

some players OVERALL is low because they are good or great in only particular categories. in those instances they probably have a high rating in those PARTICULAR areas that they excel in (Dirk 99 mid-shot & 85 overall - Bargnani 67 overall & high shooting ratings)

the overall is also weighted by certain abilities pertaing to their position. so softer, non-rebounding, face-up shooting bigs' overalls' will be lower than expected if they are playing center or PF because they lack the other skills tht are weighted to those positions. consequently if you moved them to SF you would see their overall changed higher due to the fact SF ratings are weighted by shooting & more athletic ratings.

same thing goes for the guards that people are complaining about... Rose's OVERALL is high because OVERALL he has a LOT of great abilities (defensive, speed, quickness, iq, decent shot)...

VERY ANNOYING when people think someone deserves high ratings just because they can score. (its a microcosm of the world & sports today... basketball is more than scoring & highlight dunks & blocks)

tendencies & actual in game play matter far more than OVERALL RATING... play a game where Jason Kapono is left open often & watch how he will roast you just like he should... all while having a 64 overall...

all that being said... 2k DOES seem to skew the hell out of other areas & ratings but for the most part i complain about the way they render tendencies (which is what truly alters in-game play)

overall ratings affect rotation & importance in association mode

tendencies affect in-game play

if you want Brgnani's overall higher, ur gonna have to make him a MUCH better rebounder & post defender than he actually is & if you want Rose to be lower, you're gonna have to make him slower & dumber than he actually is.

NOT TRYING TO BE A JERK OR ANYTHING BUT DO YOU NEW GUYS EVEN READ THROUGH THREADS OR PRIOR POSTS BEFORE POSTING NONSENSE?!
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame

Last edited by ronyell; 09-27-2011 at 02:28 PM.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:23 PM   #190
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaselinexDrive
Beasley is garb... if he was even a 80! i wouldnt dare touch 2k12...
play me on 360 and ill show how much gragbe he is ill bet you wont do anything with me
Old 09-27-2011, 02:23 PM   #191
Rookie

ray allen is very low wow
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2011, 02:26 PM   #192
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKongBundy
Agreed. He's a great player; a great athlete; a stat-box filler; probably the best overall and complete player in the NBA today - but that still does NOT justify a 98 rating! Especially if Jordan is only 1 higher and Johnson, Bird and other "legends" are rated below him.
I'm arguing to trash overall ratings, so comparing players from different eras is even more obsurd, but I'll play.

LeBron doesn't have the rings those legends have, but there's no ratings for championship rings. The closest we have is a clutch rating, and if you checked those game winning shot stats, LeBron is pretty good in that department too, despite his latest performance. Remember, it wasn't long ago that he carried a bunch of no names to the championship, going through 3 HOFers on the way to losing to another.

Aside from the clutch rating, all we have are ratings for different skills... shooting, passing, defense, etc. I'm trying not to laugh, but we seem to agree that he's, "...probably the best overall and complete player in the NBA today..."

Only because they share a similar skill set is this comparison even possible between MJ & LeBron. I'd say MJ is a clear winner in clutch, freethrows & mid range Js, not as far ahead in defense. After that, it's pretty close. MJ was a better scorer, but Bron is a better passer & rebounder. And Bron is at least 2" taller and 30lbs bigger.

Also remember that Jordan was 28 when he won his first ring. I think LeBron is 27. Take a look at these MJ vs LeBron stats.

Comparing his skillset to Magic & Bird... those dudes have rings, so I don't want to sound crazy, but if you rate them in the areas 2K provides, he's a superior basketball player. Even giving the them both the nod in clutch, passing to Magic and jumpers to Bird, he's still a higher rated player.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »