Home

NBA 2K12 Player Ratings Revealed, Including All Free Agents

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Player Ratings Revealed, Including All Free Agents within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2011, 02:38 PM   #201
SimWorld C.E.O.

ronyell's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: NBA 2K12 Player Ratings Revealed (Most of Them)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie D
Is that post you quoted a joke? Rose is one of the worst defenders in the league, has Steve Francis like BBIQ and has Gilbert-bad shot selection. The only thing he's good at is being really really fast. 2K continuously rates players on perception instead of actual ability. I mean Hedo Turkoglu should be a 45 but for some reason he's in the 70s.
wa... wait... maybe your right... he probably DID when MVP & was applauded by his peers & coaches around the league ONLY because he's fast... (btw... speed, finishing at the rim, decent shot, good IQ & carrying a team & being all of those talents in one are generally considered to be things that make a great guard)

im not a huge Rose fan but i do respect & recognize his OVERALL talent just like i do Lebron James
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2011, 02:42 PM   #202
Rookie

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjj1010
so let me get this straight. Grant Hill is better than B roy? and Durant only a 92. Am I missing something?
Grant Hill has two knees that work.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:44 PM   #203
Rookie

Quote:
so kevin martin is better too? I understand maybe because he was hurt, but why then would you rate hurt players like caron butler and rudy gay so high? they didnt even play?
The two guys you mentioned have correctable injuries. Brandon Roy doesn't have knees for all intents and purpose. The other guys will heal. Roy's is a chronic and permanent condition, whereby he will once in a blue moon show glimpses of his former self and otherwise be a complete and total shell of the great player he could've been.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:46 PM   #204
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by EHS_25
randolph an 83? guess 2k didnt watch the nba last season. He is a beast, atleast an 87
The Grizzles is my favorite team and I don't agree with you. Randolph defense isn't so great and he doesn't have ball handles. This is the reason why so many ppl are fighting about the ratings because they don't understand the attributes in the game, and on top of that they are comparing PG to PF. People need to compare PG to PG and SF to SF.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:49 PM   #205
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanchard48moh
Grant Hill has two knees that work.
What's Caron Butlers excuse then for his deserving rating?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2011, 02:50 PM   #206
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKongBundy
I understand LeBron being the highest rated player in 2K12, but can someone explain to me how the heck they gave him a 98 rating?

-average FT shooter
-mediocre jumpshooter
-poor in clutch situations (defers/disappears in 4th quarters)
-no post-up game

Look I'm not "hating" on the guy, I just don't understand 2K's logic behind rating him so insanely high (-1 less than Michael Jordan).

A 94 rating would have been more appropriate (still being the highest in the game while other players ratings also decreasing a bit as well).
Because LeBron James is the best overall player in the game. I'm not a fan. Just an objective observer. The guy is the best overall athlete in the NBA. Maybe in the entire world. He runs like a point guard, is built like a power forward. Those athletic ratings boost your overall numbers high. And they're supported by a point guard quality handle and passing ability. Average to slightly above average shooting. And he is perhaps the best defensive player in the game not named Dwight Howard. He shutdown Rose and destroyed the Bulls and Celtics. You cannot devalue him too much because he performed poorly in the Finals when everything leading up to that point suggested otherwise.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:50 PM   #207
MVP

RedSceptile's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
After 95'. Jordan shot nothing but midrange? I got nothing against Dirk either love Dirk.

I just facepalmed so badly I might have fractured my skull and given myself a concussion. All Jordan did was shoot mid range after 95? Really man. REALLY? He didn't attack the rim at the same clip as his younger athletic days but he DEFINITELY was going at it. Or he just averaged those foul shots on all jumpshots. Some people I swear smh.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:51 PM   #208
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by piccolomair
lol, maybe you could take some of those quarters and give it to lebron while your living next door to him, cuz u know lebron, he never seems to have that 4th quarter
That was a good one, haha.

I remember a long time ago I said "That was a good one, haha" when I heard that joke the first time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »