Home

FIFA 12 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on FIFA 12 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2011, 04:30 PM   #137
Rookie

bosoxfan1's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: FIFA 12 Season Ticket Early Release Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS

wow! first game was having a great time on pro, everything manual except shooting (semi) playing with real madrid against ajax (cpu)... went to extra time and in the 92nd minute scored for the 3rd time with cristiano... As i went to watch the replay, the game freezes on me (xbox 360 slim)
Old 09-27-2011, 04:45 PM   #138
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: FIFA 12 Season Ticket Early Release Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub
Was there a patch when you downloaded it from ST? Just picked it up and there is one...wonder if that has to do with the fouls.
Pretty sure there wasn't.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:48 PM   #139
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub
Was there a patch when you downloaded it from ST? Just picked it up and there is one...wonder if that has to do with the fouls.
Say what?! How did this post get overlooked? I'm intrigued.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:50 PM   #140
Pro

OVR: 6

wait, I just rented this from Blockbuster with my month past. You can't play online without Online Pass? So I gotta spend 800 points on that too?
Old 09-27-2011, 04:51 PM   #141
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by younggrease
wait, I just rented this from Blockbuster with my month past. You can't play online without Online Pass? So I gotta spend 800 points on that too?
Yep. EA's been doing this with all of their sports games for quite some time now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2011, 04:54 PM   #142
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
I haven't picked up either footie yet. Its painful for me to wait but I'm holding out for as much info as possible.

Did you see the "5 players forward"? Did they remove a defender?

I want to make sure its not just commentary
I can't honestly say, it was so late in the game that they really only got like 2 or 3 possessions. I did notice that they pushed the ball up the field with more urgency when they did get their touches.

I love how the game feels when you try to play a realistic game. Like others have mentioned, if you fall back and play solid defense you'll force them to play it back and look for an opening. It's beautiful to experience.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:00 PM   #143
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjarz02
I do agree with most, that fouls are an issue, however I dont think its as bad as some are reporting. You have to work to draw fouls and cards. Using L1 or L2 or flicking with the stick to draw contact works pretty well. I think this was EAs intention to make people work to draw fouls.

I hope they tweak it a tad, but I think it will just take some getting use to.
I agree with you it's not a huge deal against the ai but I just played online and the guy kept running into me and sliding all over the place, it would be nice if there were a few red cards thrown for that sort of reckless play. Maybe as I get better at shielding at the right moments I'll be able to draw those cards. We'll see how it goes but I'm still enjoying this game immensely.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:01 PM   #144
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

Wanted to say just how impressed I am with the PC version quality-wise. If you have a capable system, the graphics and performance are nearly flawless. So much clarity and depth in the graphics and hardly any loading times or slowdown. I haven't noticed any huge bugs or hitches lately, which is good...but compared to the PS3 season ticket version, 12 on PC is unbelievable. I hope a port of this quality is something EA considers if they decide to continue with PC sports gaming in the future.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »