Home

FIFA 12 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on FIFA 12 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2011, 05:03 PM   #145
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: FIFA 12 Season Ticket Early Release Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipperfan811
I agree with you it's not a huge deal against the ai but I just played online and the guy kept running into me and sliding all over the place, it would be nice if there were a few red cards thrown for that sort of reckless play. Maybe as I get better at shielding at the right moments I'll be able to draw those cards. We'll see how it goes but I'm still enjoying this game immensely.
I think at this point we'll only see more cards/fouls with a fix of some kind from EA. The collisions and animations are there, the referee code is not. They said they had to rewrite it all with the impact engine, so hopefully they can tweak it for a patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2011, 05:07 PM   #146
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: FIFA 12 Season Ticket Early Release Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS

Sort of an impression, sort of a question (I don't own the game now, though I played it on Season Ticket and am on the fence about the PC version):

Why are there so few stats tracked in this game? I looked around the career mode and only saw a handful that didn't even include shots taken. They track so much more in the in-game information, I just wondered why it doesn't show outside the game. It is good in one way though - Less work to match the sim engine stats up with those produced in-game, although in-game yellow/red cards are a problem even then.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:11 PM   #147
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
I think at this point we'll only see more cards/fouls with a fix of some kind from EA. The collisions and animations are there, the referee code is not. They said they had to rewrite it all with the impact engine, so hopefully they can tweak it for a patch.
Yeah, the fouls need patched bad! I love so much about this game, but fouls are almost non-existant. I've been straight taken down in the box and nothing.... This is a big deal for me.....

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 09-27-2011, 05:32 PM   #148
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
Yeah, the fouls need patched bad! I love so much about this game, but fouls are almost non-existant. I've been straight taken down in the box and nothing.... This is a big deal for me.....
Same here, it is frustrating, because I see some blatant fouls not called in the box. Like people being clearly shoved down off the ball in and outside of the box. I really hope it is fixed because like you said it is also a big deal for me.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:32 PM   #149
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
It's made even more annoying by the fact that there are some great animations that occur naturally. Several times I've been taken down in the box as well, jad my leg kicked from under me and...nothing.

Other than a few wonky moments here and there, the impact engine is pretty nice. If it were paired with proper foul calls, oh boy...I can only imagine.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:36 PM   #150
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
It's made even more annoying by the fact that there are some great animations that occur naturally. Several times I've been taken down in the box as well, jad my leg kicked from under me and...nothing.

Other than a few wonky moments here and there, the impact engine is pretty nice. If it were paired with proper foul calls, oh boy...I can only imagine.
Yeah to me it needs tuning because I have seen quite a few laughable moments with the player impact engine. I have seen one where a player was shoved and flew from the goal down to the corner flag.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:54 PM   #151
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Yep. EA's been doing this with all of their sports games for quite some time now.
wow. that sucks.

The only EA game I play is FIFA and i usually buy it. Buy IIRC it wasn't like this with last year's version.

Last edited by younggrease; 09-27-2011 at 05:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2011, 06:37 PM   #152
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

So, 4 MB title update for 360.

I just asked Romily Broad on Twitter if it fixes fouls. My guess is he won't respond.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »