Home

Forza Motorsport 4 Review (360)

This is a discussion on Forza Motorsport 4 Review (360) within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2011, 10:20 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 1
you lost credibility soon as you called this game the finest "simulator" it's a great all around game and i've been glued to it since release, and i have a feeling i will be playing this game well into next year unlike gran turismo where i stopped playing after 3 months....

but no way do the physics of the cars compare to what gran turismo is able to do, they are good, but not quite the simulator level... check real race times and compare that to what the cars in gran turismo can do you will see they're identical, now check the forza 4 lap times and they're all over the chart....
i do give them credit, the handling is a lot more realistic than forza 3

also the Ring looks horrible in Forza,
Old 10-20-2011, 10:27 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Forza Motorsport 4 Review (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35skyline
you lost credibility soon as you called this game the finest "simulator" it's a great all around game and i've been glued to it since release, and i have a feeling i will be playing this game well into next year unlike gran turismo where i stopped playing after 3 months....

but no way do the physics of the cars compare to what gran turismo is able to do, they are good, but not quite the simulator level... check real race times and compare that to what the cars in gran turismo can do you will see they're identical, now check the forza 4 lap times and they're all over the chart....
i do give them credit, the handling is a lot more realistic than forza 3

also the Ring looks horrible in Forza,
And , in defense of the OP, here's where you lose credibility. If lap times in a game and real life are "identical" then something is DEAD WRONG with the game. Simple fact that people in a game will do things and take chances that real life drivers would never do. That alone will skew times but if GT5 is forcing identical times then the game is NO simulator. GT5 is not the gold standard of anything on a console. Sorry but for physics Race Pro, a 360 game that received little fan-fare is the gold standard, well I might have to say was because Forza 4 , I believe has taken that crown.

I own both and GT5 was not all that people claimed it to be. Funny thing about it is the 2.0 patch came out and changed up the physics some in GT5 and guess what. It actually made it closer to Forza 4/ Race Pro than anything. The only thing GT5 has over FM4 is weather and night racing. And the weather isn't all that either. Snow physics are garbage.

And dude, the "also the Ring looks horrible" statement is already old. I'm not saying you are, but that's the GT5 Fanboy rally cry. Mention the Ring, mention the Ring. Ring looks BEAUTIFUL in FM4 , the only quirk is they scaled it up , on purpose, to encourage better racing online. What's up with GT5's Indy Road course layout? The almighty GT5 had time enough to fix it but didn't. That's "horrible". *Actually it's not horrible, it's their priority, but see how tired saying "horrible" gets when it's NOWHERE near due*

Last edited by uknowme; 10-20-2011 at 10:31 PM.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:49 PM   #11
Rookie

rainmaker2's Arena

OVR: 3
Can you customize the body of the car?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2011, 01:25 AM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaker2
Can you customize the body of the car?
The only thing I know about is the hood. But flaring fenders and stuff I don't know. Just side skirts, spoilers front and back I do know of but other stuff I don't know.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:04 AM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by uknowme
And , in defense of the OP, here's where you lose credibility. If lap times in a game and real life are "identical" then something is DEAD WRONG with the game. Simple fact that people in a game will do things and take chances that real life drivers would never do. That alone will skew times but if GT5 is forcing identical times then the game is NO simulator. GT5 is not the gold standard of anything on a console. Sorry but for physics Race Pro, a 360 game that received little fan-fare is the gold standard, well I might have to say was because Forza 4 , I believe has taken that crown.

I own both and GT5 was not all that people claimed it to be. Funny thing about it is the 2.0 patch came out and changed up the physics some in GT5 and guess what. It actually made it closer to Forza 4/ Race Pro than anything. The only thing GT5 has over FM4 is weather and night racing. And the weather isn't all that either. Snow physics are garbage.

And dude, the "also the Ring looks horrible" statement is already old. I'm not saying you are, but that's the GT5 Fanboy rally cry. Mention the Ring, mention the Ring. Ring looks BEAUTIFUL in FM4 , the only quirk is they scaled it up , on purpose, to encourage better racing online. What's up with GT5's Indy Road course layout? The almighty GT5 had time enough to fix it but didn't. That's "horrible". *Actually it's not horrible, it's their priority, but see how tired saying "horrible" gets when it's NOWHERE near due*
I am not bashing Forza, it is a great game, we as simulation enthusiasts need a game like Forza to put some pressure on GT because GT has been king for a long long time and they really have gotten lazy with how they do things, very long times YEARS between releases, etc....so hopefully Forza 4 will be that slap in the face wakeup call....
and last thing i wanna do is start some kind of internet argument with an internet know it all like i'm friggin 15 years old or something....
so being a man, imma present it to you in real man terms not just a bunch of crybaby fanboy banter you just spat back..... firstly right off the bat not to pull out the big gun card and i could give a flying fcksickle if you believe me or not, but truth is I personally know a guy who works at the TURN 10 studio in Redmond Washington, he belongs to a local Nissan car club of ours here in Vancouver.. last time I spoke to him was a few months around summer when Forza 4 was in the final stretch of release, and from his own mouth bro, they all know at Turn 10 that they can't replicate GT's car physics and car modeling, that's why they put so much effort in every other aspect of the game, give it everything that GT doesn't have to separate itself from a comparison that they know they will not win at this time, maybe in the future, but not now, because they know that Kazunori is like a mad fuggin scientist when it comes to physics and the way their cars look

So your banter has got no ground to stand on, why ? because the opinion on physics i stated isn't just mine, it's shared by hardcore racing simulation enthusiasts all over the world, go to any real simulation forum and start a thread asking the OG's to see which physics they prefer, F4 or GT5 and report back homie......
they ALL know what Gran Turismo does with car physics, and you got ACTUAL race car drivers that speak on behalf of the realism that exists in GT5..... while on the other hand Forza 4 had to hire a bunch of race car drivers JUST to get the physics to even mimic real life, look into it brah

and in any case you just invalidated your whole argument when you put Indianapolis in the same breath as the 'Ring, bro... racing fans all over the world yearn for the 'Ring like a teenager yearns to pop a cherry on prom night, it's this mythical beast that every red blooded man hopes to tame one day, it's like a Mecca for every automotive enthusiast somewhere you MUST go at least once in your lifetime..... and Indy ? *insert troll face* nobody gives a flyin frig about Indy aside from a few southern rednecks...

oh and btw, I hit up the ring personally few years back when I drove through Germany, $20 euros a lap in my uncles turbocharged alfa romeo..... I'm pretty sure that qualifies me a bit more to speak on the Ring than some random internet fanboy warrior with an opinion
Old 10-23-2011, 10:46 AM   #14
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
I am not bashing Forza, it is a great game, we as simulation enthusiasts need a game like Forza to put some pressure on GT because GT has been king for a long long time and they really have gotten lazy with how they do things, very long times YEARS between releases, etc....so hopefully Forza 4 will be that slap in the face wakeup call....
and last thing i wanna do is start some kind of internet argument with an internet know it all like i'm friggin 15 years old or something....
so being a man, imma present it to you in real man terms not just a bunch of crybaby fanboy banter you just spat back..... firstly right off the bat not to pull out the big gun card and i could give a flying fcksickle if you believe me or not, but truth is I personally know a guy who works at the TURN 10 studio in Redmond Washington, he belongs to a local Nissan car club of ours here in Vancouver.. last time I spoke to him was a few months around summer when Forza 4 was in the final stretch of release, and from his own mouth bro, they all know at Turn 10 that they can't replicate GT's car physics and car modeling, that's why they put so much effort in every other aspect of the game, give it everything that GT doesn't have to separate itself from a comparison that they know they will not win at this time, maybe in the future, but not now, because they know that Kazunori is like a mad fuggin scientist when it comes to physics and the way their cars look

So your banter has got no ground to stand on, why ? because the opinion on physics i stated isn't just mine, it's shared by hardcore racing simulation enthusiasts all over the world, go to any real simulation forum and start a thread asking the OG's to see which physics they prefer, F4 or GT5 and report back homie......
they ALL know what Gran Turismo does with car physics, and you got ACTUAL race car drivers that speak on behalf of the realism that exists in GT5..... while on the other hand Forza 4 had to hire a bunch of race car drivers JUST to get the physics to even mimic real life, look into it brah

and in any case you just invalidated your whole argument when you put Indianapolis in the same breath as the 'Ring, bro... racing fans all over the world yearn for the 'Ring like a teenager yearns to pop a cherry on prom night, it's this mythical beast that every red blooded man hopes to tame one day, it's like a Mecca for every automotive enthusiast somewhere you MUST go at least once in your lifetime..... and Indy ? *insert troll face* nobody gives a flyin frig about Indy aside from a few southern rednecks...

oh and btw, I hit up the ring personally few years back when I drove through Germany, $20 euros a lap in my uncles turbocharged alfa romeo..... I'm pretty sure that qualifies me a bit more to speak on the Ring than some random internet fanboy warrior with an opinion
As much as GT5 does bore me to death at times, you do make a point about how it still provides some of the best physics around. Reading around the different sites you have many hardcore enthusiasts saying the same thing. Where Forza trumps all the other racing games is in the fun department. Shift 2 for me came rather close to being fun until the stupid A.I. keeps trying to run you off the road and cause an accident, which is not racing. I can rant all day about darn GT5's lack of focus, but I'll give it to you on the physics.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:35 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:

Spoken like a TRUE fanyboy and not worth a minute of my time with the false statements, bent half truths and animosity and venom like a little 7 year old screaming in the ice cream isle because mommy wont but him chocolate brittle nut flavor.

I said in my original post I'm not calling you a fanboy but I don't have to, you already proved you are.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2011, 02:32 AM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by uknowme
Spoken like a TRUE fanyboy and not worth a minute of my time with the false statements, bent half truths and animosity and venom like a little 7 year old screaming in the ice cream isle because mommy wont but him chocolate brittle nut flavor.

I said in my original post I'm not calling you a fanboy but I don't have to, you already proved you are.
lol, it's ok bro, it's just the internet, people will lose arguments based on their opinions when clear facts are presented proving otherwise... like you just did....

it was easy to attack my argument as long as I said it was my opinion, but soon as I stated clear facts, those being that most of the sim racing community shares my opinion then you had nothing else to go on...

and explain to me how am I a fanboy of GT, when I've been sitting here a week straight playing FORZA 4, and I hadnt touched GT in 2 months exactly ??? so no fanboyism here homie, you just itchy I brought out clear facts to the discussion that you couldn't dispute, thus losing the argument and just shaking your head chalking it up to fanboyism on my part... that ain't healthy bro, typical internet "my opinion is always the right one" syndrome

I'm just spittin truth, and it's in that paragraph you quoted above, I got nothing else to add to it, already said my piece, I'm currently in the middle of a race, gonna get back to Forza now

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »