Home

NBA 2K12 DLC Arrives This Holiday Season with 45 All-New Legends - Screens & Teaser

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 DLC Arrives This Holiday Season with 45 All-New Legends - Screens & Teaser within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2011, 07:06 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: NBA 2K12 DLC Arrives This Holiday Season with 45 All-New Legends - Screens & Teas

Cell shade reminds me of...

Old 11-03-2011, 07:09 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K12 DLC Arrives This Holiday Season with 45 All-New Legends - Screens & Teas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossover1
No Iverson once again. Sigh
iverson still trying to get back in the league and isnt retired
Old 11-03-2011, 07:26 PM   #75
Pro

OVR: 7

George muresan and Shawn Bradley but no nick van exel or Allen Iverson lol those guys aren't legends
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2011, 07:36 PM   #76
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboooo
Cell shade reminds me of...

Oh snap that was my game
Old 11-03-2011, 07:38 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm not buying this...I wish we could use the players in other modes....
Old 11-03-2011, 07:56 PM   #78
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoccoutderek
I'm not buying this...I wish we could use the players in other modes....
For me this is what it will boils down too. Whether its hex, the DLC itself. I won't purchase it if i cannot use in other modes.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:36 PM   #79
MVP

OVR: 1

Honestly, I have to say the cel-shading looks worse than I imagined. I don't quite understand why they would obscure the great graphics in this game with a somewhat hastily developed cel-shader using models and textures that weren't designed for it. And if you aren't able to turn it off, it means that you can't really see the new legends artwork in its full glory-- only through the nasty shader that distorts and flattens out their features. It almost makes me wonder if the shader was implemented to hide the fact that the new Legends artwork wasn't up to snuff. Probably not the case but it's a bizarre presentation choice for the franchise.

If it's true that we can't use the new jerseys and players in other modes, then it seems 2K is continuing the trend this year of giving us something, then frustrating us by not allowing us to do the no-brainer thing we all want to do with it:

No MyPlayer sliders.
No sliders for online associations.
Online associations but no more leagues (or crew).
No classic presentation outside of very specific predetermined single player matches.
No Legends trading.
No Legends online.

At least the last two are fixed with a $10 DLC (the only reason to really get the DLC in my opinion, and maybe the MyPlayer enhancement), but it does point out that these features were arbitrarily withheld to add value to the DLC. It's hard not to see this as anything but a cash grab, but at least it's slightly forgiveable because of the impact of the lockout. Still, if speculations are correct, then the DLC would add more content with the same sort of arbitrary restrictions the game was launched with. I would much rather 2K just regularly release classic team packs (or even single players) that can be used with the full game instead of distractions that add little to the main game. I really hope this isn't the case.

It's really odd that as likely as I am to get the DLC, there's a part of me that's a bit hesitant and almost wants to forgo it out of principle. How did we get here from a month ago with the game that I was most hyped about for the longest time? I would have gladly bought any DLC then if only to support 2K. Now I'm actually a little reluctant-- maybe because it feels like this year, somewhere along the line, 2K stopped doing us favors. Instead of treats, we're getting what was purposefully withheld, packaged with features and odd choices we didn't quite ask for.

Oh well. At least we can get some of the new "Legends" into the main game through 2Kshare now since they were already on the disk as Pacers and Suns players that remained locked because 2K wasn't able to get Reggie or Barkley. I'm kind of happy about Rick Barry though.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:40 PM   #80
Pro

OVR: 0

This isn't on my holiday wish list atm, just not not getting into it...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »