Home

UFC Undisputed 3 Video - Cain Velasquez vs. Junior Dos Santos

This is a discussion on UFC Undisputed 3 Video - Cain Velasquez vs. Junior Dos Santos within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2011, 03:14 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: UFC Undisputed 3 Video - Cain Velasquez vs. Junior Dos Santos

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
Great Question.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see that it has been answered above. So, if you want a realistic experience don't play online. Got it.
You can still play Sim Stamina online, it's just not the default.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2011, 03:49 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by THQ Shamownage
You can still play Sim Stamina online, it's just not the default.
Can you elaborate? We can use the simulation setting, but only for unranked matches? For ranked matches it will be a default setting that is more arcade - lots of stamina and spamming of punches?
Old 11-11-2011, 09:30 AM   #27
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by THQ Shamownage
What's up guys! I work with Tank as UFC Undisputed Community Manager and wanted to jump in to answer some of your questions...

Will matches play out with authentic variety? With simulation stamina matches can end at ANY time. I've had 5 round wars where we were rocking each other in the first round and having little coming backs, then going back and forth, and I've had a couple KO's in under 10 seconds. Also, with the game as balanced as it is this year you really can play to your strengths without having to worry about playing one way because it is the only way people play online. There are counters for everything so you can really implement your game plan if you know what you're doing.

Can you slam out of subs? Yes. If you escape certain subs fast enough with various fighters, you will slam out of the sub.

Is the butterfly guard useful? Yes. We've brought back sweeps this year and BJJ guys will be able to use this position to throw their opponent off balance and take top position.

Are there new sweeps? Yep

Do move sets match fighter styles? Indeed. When you first create a character, you will pick their style which will dictate their starting moveset.

Will Sim Stamina be default for Online? Negative. The majority of our fanbase are not as hardcore as the folks on these forums, our forums, and the UOC so we wanted to keep the default the way it is since that type of gameplay is what they are expecting. The hardcores know they can turn this option on, and general users might not know they can turn this option off (there were a lot of folks that had no idea you could turn on Stamina bars in 2010 and 2009).

If you guys have any other questions, feel free to ask them in this thread and I'll answer what I can.

Thanks!
Shamownage, Thanks for answering some questions.

Now a important area for some of us over here is the ability to host Leagues so we can face other liked minded gamers. As you can see here we went great lengths to make the experience feel "correct" http://www.operationsports.com/forum...c-xbox360.html but in the end the amount of options we had to setup something IN GAME of this nature was not given to us, so we had to figure out ways to do so. Will there be in game options for us to host our own tournaments, leagues, with passwords?

If custom tournaments are in can you set the entire setting under the simulation setting?

Reason I ask this questions is making a league work, then having to have every fight be a "quick match" online against your opponent then having to set "simulation" settings each match, then come to a outside source to log results in a tedious process which would be much easier if a very areas where implemented in the game.

Gameplay Questions

Clinch Position - Last year and in 09 the clinch position just did not feel right. It was either extremely hard to get out the clinch position or the other guy spammed passes until a pass was achieved. This made the clinch feel clunky. How has the clinch been balanced in UFC 3?

Ground Position - Say I have top control in someones guard. If I just hold transition block the entire time. Can the opponent kick me off???? Reason I ask this is just how "ratings driven" is the system? Is it entirely user input or is there some ratings interaction going on?

Cut System - Cuts are common in UFC but they also are not every fight like many games represent fighting. Will we see a more toned down cut system? On that note will doctor stoppages still be in game and if so they should be rare.

CAF Abuse - We have seen large amounts of issues come from CAF. Users will go to great lengths to find ways to abuse the system. Last year you could put all points into punching power and completely neglect any points into the ground game because of the 3 pass rule last year. This made the game unbalanced. Will this years CAF online system be balanced and less likely to be abused with maxed out CAFS??

Last edited by Phobia; 11-11-2011 at 09:32 AM.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:18 AM   #28
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Is the quick power hand straight capable of rocking or KOing a guy off a counter. In the past 2 versions, this was classified as a weak punch, but is responsible for dropping and rocking many guys when used as a counter shot.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:59 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 6

will we ever get sliders in future versions so that we can customize KO frequency, damage, stamina, cuts ?
Old 11-11-2011, 03:21 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 9
Can we please get rid of the guard push kick animation? Rarely does a guy on bottom push the guy off and onto his back.

Also when you have full mount and are postured up and you rock them and they survive they automatically get to push you completely off of them. That's pretty unrealistic right there.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 11-11-2011, 05:05 PM   #31
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Tank or Shamownage, I'm not sure if you can answer this, but there be a manual replay system this year and/or a way to upload highlights?

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2011, 09:44 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Wow!!! He got KTFO!!!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »