Home

WWE 12 Retail Early Impressions

This is a discussion on WWE 12 Retail Early Impressions within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 09:50 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: **WWE 12 (360/PS3) Impressions Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
Yeah I would like that.......I would like that alot. I'll be up late tonite, but don't be afraid to wake me up if I do nod off.

If you could try a match or two on the higher skill levels just to see what the AI is like there would be much appreciated as well.
I stayed up until 4 a.m. playing this last night/this morning, so I'll definitely be around late.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2011, 10:02 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0
Thanks jrider for all the info. I would like to know more about the Universe mode also.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:15 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrider99
I stayed up until 4 a.m. playing this last night/this morning, so I'll definitely be around late.
Love the dedication but geez I hope you're not working tomorrow. You don't happen to work at a nuclear power plant anywhere around the eastern seaboard do ya?
Old 11-12-2011, 11:40 PM   #28
Rookie

Hey man, thanks for the work that you're doing here. I've asked this on another forum, but figured I'd ask here as well in case there are people who don't browse said other forum so that the issue can be cleared up. Is the invisible wall back in ladder matches? Last year, when the ladder was pushed over, the wrestlers on the ladder would either fall out of the ring or onto the ropes, depending on the positioning of the ladder. However, it appears that the invisible wall(where you just fall down inside the ring) might be back, but I've also heard reports that it could just be the positioning of the ladder. So if you get a chance to play a ladder match and find out for sure, it'd be much appreciated.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:50 PM   #29
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
Nah you keep the defense stuff high.

Like these are Ziggler's ratings...

Strike Power 75
Grapple Power 75
Submission 85
Strike Defense 80
Grapple Defense 85
Speed 90
Agility 85
Adrenaline 95
Recovery 85
Toughness 70
Charisma 80
Tag Team 70

These are JoMo's....

Strike Power 80
Grapple Power 70
Submission 60
Strike Defense 85
Grapple Defense 85
Speed 90
Agility 85
Adrenaline 95
Recovery 90
Toughness 70
Charisma 80
Tag Team 85

but if they were changed to...

Strike Power 55
Grapple Power 55
Submission 65
Strike Defense 75
Grapple Defense 80
Speed 90
Agility 85
Adrenaline 95
Recovery 85
Toughness 75
Charisma 60
Tag Team 70

and...

Strike Power 65
Grapple Power 60
Submission 50
Strike Defense 85
Grapple Defense 85
Speed 90
Agility 85
Adrenaline 95
Recovery 90
Toughness 75
Charisma 60
Tag Team 85

...it should result in a longer match.

Intresting. That brings up another question,does the slower bar result in a slower count?

Alright thanks!
I can't wait to mess with the attribute and sliders.

I just want the AI to be more aggressive and also less of a pushover, so far from what I read and seen it looks like that is the case.

I hope they use momentum as the engine behind who is winning and losing (like the N64 days) in the future and ONLY use damage as a tool to slow down ur opponent.

This will fix some of the "house rules" the user has to apply and lame match endings.

They also need to address the commentary.

and matches involving a lot of wrestlers, its just too crowded and hectic...I don't know what it is...Maybe the ring is small?

Its probably the fact that the AI rarely takes the fight outside.

Last edited by Jukeman; 11-12-2011 at 11:52 PM.
Old 11-13-2011, 12:35 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: WWE 12 Retail Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by board_op_gamer
Hey man, thanks for the work that you're doing here. I've asked this on another forum, but figured I'd ask here as well in case there are people who don't browse said other forum so that the issue can be cleared up. Is the invisible wall back in ladder matches? Last year, when the ladder was pushed over, the wrestlers on the ladder would either fall out of the ring or onto the ropes, depending on the positioning of the ladder. However, it appears that the invisible wall(where you just fall down inside the ring) might be back, but I've also heard reports that it could just be the positioning of the ladder. So if you get a chance to play a ladder match and find out for sure, it'd be much appreciated.
Dude I just tested this out and it led to my first true Holy **** moment with WWE 12! I set up a PvP ladder match with Randy Orton and Justin Gabriel and just tried moving the ladder around and climbing it, then pushing it over. I set up the ladder in the middle of the ring facing the announce table and climbed it with Orton. Gabriel pushed over the ladder and Orton spilled out of the ring onto the floor closest to the camera.

But the ladder came to rest on the top rope. For the hell of it, I bounced Gabriel off the opposite ropes and toward the ladder to see what would happen. Instead of stopping when he reached the ladder, he ran up the ladder that was leaning against the top rope, leaped off and hit Orton with a hurricanrana on the outside. If this was in SvR last year, I certainly never saw it. It was one of the coolest things I've ever seen in a wrestling game.

Anyway to answer your question, no there are no invisible walls with the ladders. You just have to have them positioned the right way.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:04 AM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrider99
Dude I just tested this out and it led to my first true Holy **** moment with WWE 12! I set up a PvP ladder match with Randy Orton and Justin Gabriel and just tried moving the ladder around and climbing it, then pushing it over. I set up the ladder in the middle of the ring facing the announce table and climbed it with Orton. Gabriel pushed over the ladder and Orton spilled out of the ring onto the floor closest to the camera.

But the ladder came to rest on the top rope. For the hell of it, I bounced Gabriel off the opposite ropes and toward the ladder to see what would happen. Instead of stopping when he reached the ladder, he ran up the ladder that was leaning against the top rope, leaped off and hit Orton with a hurricanrana on the outside. If this was in SvR last year, I certainly never saw it. It was one of the coolest things I've ever seen in a wrestling game.

Anyway to answer your question, no there are no invisible walls with the ladders. You just have to have them positioned the right way.
Alright. The reason I ask is because I noticed in the Money in the Bank video posted above, that had the likes of Daniel Bryan, JR, Cole, Lesnar, Christian and Kofi Kingston, they didn't seem to fall onto the ropes and what not, whereas in SVR 2011 MITB matches, they would. Here's a link to what I'm talking about from last year's game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_EHh-FSoG4&feature=related

Again, maybe it's something to do with more than two guys being in a ladder match, or maybe some things got lost in translation with Yuke's because of the implementation of the "Predator" technology. Thanks again for your work and prompt response.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2011, 07:05 AM   #32
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: WWE 12 Retail Impressions

1. I know they had to give the old titles different names to differentiate but really, WWE Classic IC champion, Attitude WWE Champion. At least they are announced as they should be. Interested to hear how they announce the spray painted belts. Booker T may get the spray painted WCW World title rather than the classic WCW Heavyweight title.

2. Maybe it is the video quality, but I doubt it. It seems that the custom arenas as the NCAA Teambuilder effect. The ring apron looks grainy.

Overall though, the game is sounding really impressive. I might need to avoid the forums from now on because I don't want it all spoiled. Definitely don't post about details involving RTWM. If you do, mark it as a spoiler.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »