Home

WWE 12 Retail Early Impressions

This is a discussion on WWE 12 Retail Early Impressions within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 05:19 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: WWE 12 Retail Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets
Having free agents competing in Universe really, REALLY sucks.

I would like people like The Rock, Nash, and even Lesnar and Batista in my Universe, but I don't want to play with old and dead wrestlers.

Last year, being a free agent meant you were no longer a part of the Universe. That's terrible!

Also, the belts thing is horrible too. Both of these were not issues in last year's game, so why change it? I would hold out hope this will be patched, but THQ is notorious for not doing that.
The more I think about the Legends thing, it may have something to do with the lack of tag teams in the game by default as those were the legends being re-inserted into my Universe. I wonder if I created a few more tag teams if that would eliminate Demolition and the Road Warriors from showing up? Something to try when I get home :-)

Oh, I also tried breaking up those tag teams to prevent them from showing up, but I couldn't because both teams are title holders and tag title holders can't be split up. I could have reassigned those belts to a different team though. Might try that.
Old 11-13-2011, 05:21 PM   #58
Supreme

Streets's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrider99
Yeah, I will definitely try that and see if it works.
Do that and put all the titles you wish to vacate on a wrestler in WCW and see how the game plays.

I'll also put all Divas in WCW too so there are more male matches/feuds (since I don't play as the Divas). If you could try that and make sure it works, that'd be great!
Old 11-13-2011, 05:24 PM   #59
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets
Do that and put all the titles you wish to vacate on a wrestler in WCW and see how the game plays.

I'll also put all Divas in WCW too so there are more male matches/feuds (since I don't play as the Divas). If you could try that and make sure it works, that'd be great!
Definitely. And there are mixed tag matches this year, in case anyone cares. Were those in SvR last year?
Old 11-13-2011, 05:32 PM   #60
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrider99
Yeah, I unassigned everything but the current titles in the main menu, but those changes didn't carry over to Universe. For example, I gave Mark Henry the World Championship in the main menu, but Orton was champ when I started my Universe.
Wth! This was def not a issue last year.

If it isn't broke don't fix it!

Maybe it's a bug

Btw did you confirm and save before exiting the menu? Last year you couldn't do anything without confirming and saving..

Sent from my HumancentiPad using Tapatalk
Old 11-13-2011, 05:37 PM   #61
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman

Maybe it's a bug

Btw did you confirm and save before exiting the menu? Last year you couldn't do anything without confirming and saving..

I thought about this, too. Maybe I needed to manually load my settings or something before starting up a new Universe. I'll try this and see what happens.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2011, 05:45 PM   #62
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

The commentary seems to be even worse than the early videos in these newer ones. Cole must've been sick or literally phoned it in,possibly both. I don't understand why they'd even spend time on it if it's going to be that awful. Can turn it off of course (and hopefully it doesn't turn off the intros as well this year) but who would decide this is acceptable? That should knock the sound rating down to 6 alone. I realize there's time issues for recording but yeesh.

Did you get to check on the downloads for silver jrider?
Old 11-13-2011, 05:46 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman

Maybe it's a bug

It wasn't an issue last year because Universe and Exhibition crossed over. They are separate now. Let's just chill a bit before assuming what can and can't be done. He says he hasn't done much with the SVR series so let's give him a chance to go through things or at least until more have looked at the game before we call it broken.
Old 11-13-2011, 05:54 PM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
It wasn't an issue last year because Universe and Exhibition crossed over. They are separate now. Let's just chill a bit before assuming what can and can't be done. He says he hasn't done much with the SVR series so let's give him a chance to go through things or at least until more have looked at the game before we call it broken.
Yeah, I'm certainly not ready to declare anything broken at this point. I've only played for a couple hours over two days now. That's not nearly enough time to make a judgment on anything. Besides, I know I haven't exhausted all possible solutions yet, and you guys have given me some more things to check into. I'll get in touch with the guys at THQ tomorrow and see if they can offer any advice, too. Definitely not time to hit the panic button yet!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »