Home

Chaotic Conference Calls Scramble NCAA Football 13 (Kotaku)

This is a discussion on Chaotic Conference Calls Scramble NCAA Football 13 (Kotaku) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2011, 01:10 PM   #17
Rookie

hbk_wess's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Chaotic Conference Calls Scramble NCAA Football 13 (Kotaku)

It isn't a matter of licenses it is a matter of laziness. Come one, we have been wanting them to let us be able to bring in Teambuilder teams without replacing a current team. If we could do this we should at least have the ability to keep the current conferences and create a brand spanking new conference and name it whatever we want. This takes care of licenses altogether. I foresee the same nonsense in NCAA 13 as I do in current and older versions of the game. They aren't Sierra Sports, who could actually do what we wanted them to without asking, like, rename divisions and leagues and teams and more. (see: Front Page Sports Football Pro of any year) Their excuse for this will be, "We have a college football game and the licenses...blah blah blah"

EA should rewrite their catchphrase, Instead of IF IT'S IN THE GAME, IT'S IN THE GAME to IF IT'S IN THE GAME, WE WON'T PUT IT IN THE GAME.
Old 11-13-2011, 03:16 PM   #18
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
I see now that they are done with patching NCAA 12, Ben has come out of his hole and talking again.

I'm not falling for another word out of his mouth until he admitts to screwing up 12.
Old 11-13-2011, 05:37 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Conference wise they need to two things and I will be happy, let me add at least 10 team builder teams without deleting others so I can make every conference have a playoff. And please let me delete the independent. I get the rights issues for other conference but there is not copywriter for independent. Game play wise the list is a little bigger.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:42 PM   #20
Banned

psychicDB's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retropyro
I see now that they are done with patching NCAA 12, Ben has come out of his hole and talking again.

I'm not falling for another word out of his mouth until he admitts to screwing up 12.
Lol my last post got deleted for "trolling" because I used everybody's favorite nickname for our beloved EA producer.

Anyway, NCAA sales improved 17% from 11 to 12. They have made $65+ million on this game. As much as I share your resentment for HAUMILLER & Co., they won't ever admit to screwing up jack **** because no matter how crappy this game is, it is still guzzling boatloads and boatloads of money.

HAUMILLER gives less than a damn about what anyone thinks, and given the game's sales, he really has no reason to give a damn. That is why he is only talking about 13 now. EA is at heart a shrewd capitalist corporation, not a faithful champion of the consumer that develops games out of passion.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:15 AM   #21
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychicDB
Lol my last post got deleted for "trolling" because I used everybody's favorite nickname for our beloved EA producer.

Anyway, NCAA sales improved 17% from 11 to 12. They have made $65+ million on this game. As much as I share your resentment for HAUMILLER & Co., they won't ever admit to screwing up jack **** because no matter how crappy this game is, it is still guzzling boatloads and boatloads of money.

HAUMILLER gives less than a damn about what anyone thinks, and given the game's sales, he really has no reason to give a damn. That is why he is only talking about 13 now. EA is at heart a shrewd capitalist corporation, not a faithful champion of the consumer that develops games out of passion.
I actually like EA quite a bit. They make alot of really good games that do deliver. But last year listening to Ben for 7 months non-stop making promises and then to see him just clam up when the game crapped out, really made me angry.

I get it, sometimes things don't go as planned. But to go from media "insert insult here" to disappearing? Why would I ever trust a word that ever comes out of his mouth ever again?

I don't hate NCAA 12, I don't believe it's unplayable. For me it least it killed the online dynasty experiance. But I do still play offline, it's not perfect but I've never expected perfect realism. I don't believe the game is as bad as alot of people do, but I think the problems that did and still do exist are magnified because of the closed door attitude at Tiburon.

I just find it disgusting the way this guy was out and answering everyones questions before release but then went into hiding when the game came out. And now he's going to be sitting there smiling away going on about how amazing NCAA 13 is and most likely refusing to acknowledge that NCAA 12 ever had a single problem for the next 8 months.

I'll be smarted next year, I'll do a seven day rental a few weeks after release to test it out.

As for the whole deleting or renaming the conferences, they would never let that happen. If the did why would anyone buy the next game?

I still would like to see EA switch developers every other year. Let Tiburon do the games for odd numbered years and EA Canada or someone release during the even numbered years. Then at least each dev team has 2 years to work on the game and get in a lot more testing. Plus competition is good and since there is no other title competing, at least the two developers would be pushing each other to see who gets the better scores.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2011, 03:52 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retropyro
I actually like EA quite a bit. They make alot of really good games that do deliver. But last year listening to Ben for 7 months non-stop making promises and then to see him just clam up when the game crapped out, really made me angry.

I get it, sometimes things don't go as planned. But to go from media "insert insult here" to disappearing? Why would I ever trust a word that ever comes out of his mouth ever again?

I don't hate NCAA 12, I don't believe it's unplayable. For me it least it killed the online dynasty experiance. But I do still play offline, it's not perfect but I've never expected perfect realism. I don't believe the game is as bad as alot of people do, but I think the problems that did and still do exist are magnified because of the closed door attitude at Tiburon.

I just find it disgusting the way this guy was out and answering everyones questions before release but then went into hiding when the game came out. And now he's going to be sitting there smiling away going on about how amazing NCAA 13 is and most likely refusing to acknowledge that NCAA 12 ever had a single problem for the next 8 months.

I'll be smarted next year, I'll do a seven day rental a few weeks after release to test it out.

As for the whole deleting or renaming the conferences, they would never let that happen. If the did why would anyone buy the next game?

I still would like to see EA switch developers every other year. Let Tiburon do the games for odd numbered years and EA Canada or someone release during the even numbered years. Then at least each dev team has 2 years to work on the game and get in a lot more testing. Plus competition is good and since there is no other title competing, at least the two developers would be pushing each other to see who gets the better scores.
Really? I don’t like this idea. They are not seeing the light in the code they’ve created. Giving them code from a second team every other year could scare them to death. ;-)

To be fair, creating a schedule in an NCAA-Football-Game is tough. There are so many things you have to account for and there is no such thing as “structure” you can rely on.
Do they have to get it right? Of course they have to, because that’s their job and we are paying with real money to get a game that is as close to reality as possible and a big part of it is the schedule.
What I really don’t understand is why some people complain about the game not being accurate enough and then complaining about not being able to delete conferences. Don’t get me wrong, I like the idea of having a game that is customizable, but taking one step after another.
As long as there are players they don’t know what to do if an option is coming their way or tendencies are flipping for some players or pancake-stats are messed up or QB’s in an option offense do have no idea how to read the defense, I don’t feel the need to delete conferences.
I want a game that is as close to the things I see on Saturdays and what I can’t see there is Notre Dame as a member of the B1G. If we are able to make this happen, nice, but that has nothing to do with “realism” and therefore it shouldn’t be on top of their to-do list.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:43 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0
This game looks very good. Sad,that it has so many detractors. I think this is just another built excuse not to do anything next year. Change commentary to start with and that's a start.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:59 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 1

Why don't they just fix the IMPORTANT issues like game freezes, disconnects, warping CBs, etc...

But hey AT LEAST WE WILL HAVE A 22 TEAM CONFERENCE!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »