Home

NBA 2K12 Legends Showcase Hands-On Previews (GameSpot, GamePro)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Legends Showcase Hands-On Previews (GameSpot, GamePro) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2011, 08:50 AM   #25
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NBA 2K12 Legends Showcase Hands-On Previews (GameSpot, GamePro)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
If 2K want to keeps the sales of NBA2K12 strong, they need to release a different DLC than this one. Especially with the current NBA season probably gone, they may as well focus a little more on the classic players feature of the game. First off this next patch that's coming needs to be a good one, that will address all of the gameplay features/options that we have been having problems with. Second they need to give the users full control of what we want to do with the classic teams and players, edit players, add release players, etc. Third add more players or classic teams in DLC. I just don't see this current DLC as being that attractive to the NBA2K12 fans, unless the option is included to be able to unlock those new classic players and add them to any mode you want and to current legend teams, as rumored.
^^^

Unfortunately with the doom and gloom of the lockout hanging over this NBA season. That negativity surrounding NBA basketball will effect the sales of the game this year. Nothing 2K can really do about it

But ......It would be cool if they added more classic teams via DLC.

For example: They could release the 01 Sixers vs the 01 Raptors as a small DLC. That would be sweet, they could have a couple of those "match ups" per month.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2011, 01:23 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 8
I really wish sports game designers would just run polls on OS for pretty much all the features they plan on putting in games. You want to sell product to the people? Consult the people. I'm tired of 5 or 6 out of touch lames sitting in an office coming up with bad or so-so ideas. They guy who suggested cell shading should be sent home immediately without pay. The guy who said "Let's lock legend teams for at least two months and I have users unlock them", should be black balled from the industry. By the time they release the patch, DLC and open classic rosters, 95% of gamers will have moved on from NBA 2k12. They waited for the iron to cool completely off and then planned a strike lol.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:06 PM   #27
Pro

Sdrawkcab321's Arena

OVR: 5

i asked ronnie on twitter about allowing us to use the legends in association and he said. You'll be able to do that with the DLC Legends Showcase.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:37 PM   #28
Rookie

Marc_Rez's Arena

OVR: 6

I wish there was an option to turn that cell shade on or off. If this DLC is completely in cell shade I might have to pass.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:04 AM   #29
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Monumentously Bad Decisions in the Sports Video Gaming Industry:

1. Madden 09's removal of CPU sliders.

2. 2K's decisions to buy the exclusive MLB gaming rights.

3. The abomination that was the NBA Live series.

4. Cell shading in any way, shape or form.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 11-17-2011, 12:19 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VirdG...e_gdata_player

Wow, look at the dislikes. I don't think I've ever seen promotional content for a DLC this poorly received. It might not look that terrible with the cel shading turned off. But the corny announcing, "funky" cel shading, and presentation style really clashes with the classic players, their short shorts and eerily realistic animations.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:45 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Looks like a Disneyland version of Rucker Park. Listen to that announcer. Now I know where Cartoon Steven A. Smith went to this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2011, 07:54 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 10

Wow, this was poorly handled at pretty much every level. Such a big missed opportunity.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »