Home

NBA 2K12 Legends Showcase DLC Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (New Trailer)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Legends Showcase DLC Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (New Trailer) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2011, 02:09 PM   #65
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K12 Legends Showcase DLC Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

I have played a classic team "quick game" online. Thus, you can use classic teams online in the 5 min. quick match mode.

However, I am not sure that you can play against a friend with classic teams. If someone has been able to play with classic teams online "outside" of the 5 min. quick match lobby please let me know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2011, 02:11 PM   #66
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Now I am reading that you can only do classic quick match, and not a "play with friends" game with classic teams, Can anyone confirm this. If this is true, it is 100% no buy.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:18 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by XenoZograscope
Can I get a refund?!...seriously
Is it that bad?

Or is it just lacking options?
Old 11-29-2011, 02:20 PM   #68
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I just finished the 3-on-3 Era Challenge and the 2-on-2 Teammate Challenge. Beating each mode seemed to unlock things smoothly. I have not experienced any technical difficulties past the LeBron shoe issue from last night (prior to the DLC release). To reiterate on the street challenges, the camera wipe that occurs after each basket is very tedious and bothersome. Though in truth, I didn't exactly purchase the DLC so I could play street ball.

The 90's and 00's stars are pretty cool. '03 Tracy McGrady is geared up with his blue calf sleeve and elbow band. He's McGrady-like, as you guys would expect. Ditto on the '01 Vince Carter. Mysteriously, '03 Ben Wallace has mid-90's lengthed shorts. You can see his compression shorts beneath. Though, he does have his afro, so that's a plus. Again, regarding the Supersonics, I have to think there's something barring 2K from utilizing their retro uniforms. I spoke about Ricky Pierce and his '96-era jersey. Well, Ray Allen seems to be wearing a 1970's era Sonics jersey. Again, the jersey seemed a little dim.

To reiterate, I can now freely move old legends to and from any team I want outside of the DLC. Without hexing or whatever else, I do not see any "new" legends (i.e. Elvin Hayes, Bob Cousy, '01 Vince Carter, '03 Tracy McGrady) in the regular game. I was able to download created players from 2K and add them where they belong. For instance, one of the first moves I made was to download the CAPs for Rick Fox and Nick Van Exel, then move them to the '98 Lakers. Worked smoothly. Now the '98 squad seems real.

After a quick look through music manager, it does not appear possible to edit music for classic teams.

1993 Drazen Petrovic is rated 82 overall. His mid-range rating is 92 or 93.

V, for clarification, you're saying we can use the new Legends from the DLC in Quick Game? And if so, are the new Legends on their old teams? I think someone in this thread say that, for example, Rick Barry was on his Golden State team, but was the only player on it (I guess meaning you had to add other players to his team). Is this true?

I ask because one of the teams I really want to use is the late 80s/early 90s Suns (I'm talking pre-Barkley, since he's not in the game). I know Chambers, KJ are Majerle are in the DLC in their classic Suns uniform and I would love to use them in Quick Game mode. And if I could download a Jeff Hornacek off 2K Share to put on the team, it would be icing on the cake.

- Michael Jordan
Old 11-29-2011, 02:20 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
Now I am reading that you can only do classic quick match, and not a "play with friends" game with classic teams, Can anyone confirm this. If this is true, it is 100% no buy.
This would be a BONEHEAD decision by 2k if true...

I sure hope it isn't
Old 11-29-2011, 02:26 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportjames23
V, for clarification, you're saying we can use the new Legends from the DLC in Quick Game? And if so, are the new Legends on their old teams? I think someone in this thread say that, for example, Rick Barry was on his Golden State team, but was the only player on it (I guess meaning you had to add other players to his team). Is this true?

I ask because one of the teams I really want to use is the late 80s/early 90s Suns (I'm talking pre-Barkley, since he's not in the game). I know Chambers, KJ are Majerle are in the DLC in their classic Suns uniform and I would love to use them in Quick Game mode. And if I could download a Jeff Hornacek off 2K Share to put on the team, it would be icing on the cake.
Sorry, I'm saying without any kind of hexing, I do not see any of the new legends from the DLC in the regular part of the game. The only legends I have access to in the regular part of the game (the non-DLC) are the legends included in the game on release day.

When I talked about '03 McGrady and '01 Carter, I was referring to using them within the DLC mode. The other poster who talked about Rick Barry being on his own team in the actual game I would assume is utilizing some sort of weird hex. The good news for me is that all the classic teams in the regular game are indeed open to free trade.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:37 PM   #71
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Sorry, I'm saying without any kind of hexing, I do not see any of the new legends from the DLC in the regular part of the game. The only legends I have access to in the regular part of the game (the non-DLC) are the legends included in the game on release day.

When I talked about '03 McGrady and '01 Carter, I was referring to using them within the DLC mode. The other poster who talked about Rick Barry being on his own team in the actual game I would assume is utilizing some sort of weird hex. The good news for me is that all the classic teams in the regular game are indeed open to free trade.

Ok, gotcha. Thanks.

- Michael Jordan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2011, 02:43 PM   #72
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokupguy
as of right know no they seem to be a new id code for them or it only works with in the mod but i was able to get the time sq arena to work in normal game play. pic below

That doesn't even look half bad-- if we could just turn off the atrocious cel-shading! ARRGH.

Some 2K decisions with the main game and DLC feel like 2K is trolling us hard this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »