Home

MLB 12 The Show Hands-On Preview and Interview with Ramone Russell (PS3, PS Vita)

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show Hands-On Preview and Interview with Ramone Russell (PS3, PS Vita) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2011, 07:40 PM   #17
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 12 The Show Hands-On Preview and Interview with Ramone Russell (PS3, PS Vita)

WoW!!!

This is like a dream come true if these 3 features/Improvments turn out to be as good as I hope them to be!!

New True Broadcast Presentation
New Ball Physics
New Massive Overhaul Commentary

These 3 features/Improvments alone would make me so happy even if no other features were added lol

Last edited by tnixen; 12-08-2011 at 07:43 PM.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:59 PM   #18
Far from perfect

The Bimmer's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: MLB 12 The Show Hands-On Preview and Interview with Ramone Russell (PS3, PS Vita)

Good Stuff, commentary is why I gave the other game a shot last year, but there is not doubt I will be back on board this year. 11 weeks to go before pitchers and catcher report.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:59 PM   #19
Rookie

Ghoste's Arena

OVR: 4

I've read 'All new Broadcast' features on the back of a lot of game boxes throughout my entire gaming career (not just The Show). Then you play the game and you get a ton of camera angles that aren't real-life camera angles. I'm hoping '12 really delivers!

Ball physics sound great too. I'm excited!

-ghoste
Old 12-08-2011, 08:00 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 8

While all these features are awesome, I'm really hoping they revamp the netcode for 2012. Online play has been a mess and NEEDS to be fixed.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:00 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 5

The new presentation/commentary is exactly what I wanted to hear they have added this year.

I really hope there is actual banter between the commentators this year, much like NBA 2k. They can talk about things in context like the award races or how a guy performed recently/in the last series. But I hope it's done realistically and in a natural way, and not just some line like "he was 2 for 2 yesterday".

The banter in NBA 2k is absolutely amazing and sounds just like a real broadcast. I hope a similar flow and chemistry between the commentators is achieved in The Show.

Maybe the surprise feature is new commentators? I figure if they are going to give the commentary an overhaul, what better time to rip it out completely and get some new guys in there?

Hopefully along with the camera cuts and broadcast angles, we get some nifty overlays with it.

As others have already stated on here, I hope Franchise gets a facelift. More stats! And presented in an intuitive way! A prime example of this is the player cards and info. I hope they can do something like NBA 2k where it has splits for home/away - and even by month! - and a list of stats for recent games. Madden does this pretty well too. It'd be nice to look at a starting pitcher's card and be able to see how he has done for his past 10 starts (IP, BB, K's, etc).

The presentation of all the stats and info in franchise is severely lacking compared to where it should be and where it is in other games. Especially in baseball where stats are so important when compared to the other sports. The wealth of info available needs to be brought to the front end. I know the game keeps tracks of those splits. Show them to the users and have them be available on-demand, as opposed to when the game decides to randomly tell you about it.

Finally, a huge addition to franchise that would really add to the immersion would be historical data. Once again, I'm going to reference NBA 2k. The game really nails it. You can see the champions for all the previous years, the league leaders of all the significant stat categories for the previous years, and even the player cards have a tab for awards and, the best part, personal bests for each player both for a single game and for a career. How great would it be if you are five years into your franchise, and you can look back and see Pujols set a career high in HR's for a season three years ago? And it'd be really cool to see how many times and which years he won the MVP, etc.

Last edited by Drew127; 12-08-2011 at 08:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2011, 08:01 PM   #22
The Champ Is Here

Doormat's Arena

OVR: 27

Amazing interview, love the new features Russel talked about including the commentary being focused on a lot.

Will DEFINITELY be getting BOTH the PS3 and Vita versions but.. will Vita have umpires? I haven't played the handheld versions of The Show since MLB 07
Old 12-08-2011, 08:04 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 46

the ball physics has me interested, from the sounds of it, no longer will the ball travel like a UFO.

excited.
and this is just the tip of the Show iceberg
Old 12-08-2011, 08:08 PM   #24
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Can you say JACKPOT?!
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »