Home

NBA 2K12 Patch 1.04 Details, Arrives Tomorrow

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Patch 1.04 Details, Arrives Tomorrow within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2011, 09:25 PM   #153
Pro

ClevelandinDistress's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K12 Patch 1.04 Details, Arrives Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by theenemy
complete misunderstanding.

it wasn't a 2k vs EA thing - it's a monopoly thing. being the only basketball title thing...

btw, what is Mike's motivation in developing a better game? his love for basketball video game development?
and

"This game was a big undertaking trying to top 2k11"
-how do you know? did you do the development?

"and they fumbled a bit."
-I think they did an amazing job - I think this year's game is better than last year if you ask me (with custom sliders / pro etc) - my complaint is with the default which you have to use online.

"They know this...."
- yet they don't address it because they devote their time to make more money. which is understandable but is part of the complaint.

relax
I think they did an amazing job as well. They did fumble a bit. Not a complete drop but the game isn't flawless.

They don't address this???? Are we not talking in a thread titled NBA 2k12 patch!? If they didn't address anything there wouldn't be a patch there would just be 2k13.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:25 PM   #154
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

the ones with the patch I would suggest playing on default sliders first instead of three custom sliders you guys have set...
Old 12-13-2011, 09:28 PM   #155
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiles
Gameplay seems about the same. Game started with Durant making a fade away 3 pointer 5 feet behind the the line then Westbrook made an impossible dunk on 3 people.
Go back to the gutter where you belong. Fake phony posts like these should be instant bans. Nothing sliders can't fix btw
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2011, 09:29 PM   #156
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27
That's ALL of the cosmetic fixes, really??

These need to be fixed and there may be more that you guys can think of:

- Ability to edit color of headbands instead of them being automatic

- Ability to edit jersey fit (loose or tight) and short length (60's short shorts, 90's short shorts, baggy)

- In CAP, fix the current list of hairstyles or add more, because they look terrible

- Ability to use current players tattoos instead of the ones that are in CAP now, those are truly terrible. I'd rather have the ability to use some of LeBron's tats then the ones on the current CAP list

- Ability to wear socks underneath ankle braces, it was in last year, don't know what's wrong with it this year

- More Reebok and Adidas shoes

- Some of the CAP facial hair in the goatees section looks crooked like Hedo Turkoglu's. There's a couple that aren't even close to centered that need a fix to them cause it looks terrible.

-Body styles and wingspans. I don't know if this can be patched in or not but in any case we need different body styles like Durant, Dwight, LeBron, Glen Davis, and Kobe. Those are the ones that immediately come to mind. You should get a choice for different body styles in CAP. Wingspans, don't need any explaining; they could make a huge difference.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:30 PM   #157
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
I agree. Hall of Fame is impossible and the computer blatantly cheats. But my question to 2K is, why purposely make it that way? Who honestly wants to play a game knowing they will be cheated? If they can't make the A.I. more difficult without adding cheap tactics, why not just have one difficulty level and call it a day?

And Pro is a little more challenging with the 1.03 patch, but at launch, Pro was a piece of cake personally. I could win by 30 with the Timberwolves against the Heat.
Because at this time of history technology isn't sophisticated enough to give us true AI. So instead of getting more life like the game gets cheaper. On pro, the AI is as smart as possible.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:31 PM   #158
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandinDistress
Go back to the gutter where you belong. Fake phony posts like these should be instant bans. Nothing sliders can't fix btw
No sliders in MyPlayer.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:32 PM   #159
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27
Other cosmetic things could include the guys with longer hair (Dirk or Nash), make it 3D or something so it moves, looks dumb just gelled in place. I believe 2K7 had it right. And the walking up the court animations in 2K7 were spot on as well. No idea if that's patchable but they said all cosmetics were so just putting in my 2 cents.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:40 PM   #160
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandinDistress
Because at this time of history technology isn't sophisticated enough to give us true AI. So instead of getting more life like the game gets cheaper. On pro, the AI is as smart as possible.
I'm currently playing a game on Pro with the patch, and I've only scored two points in the first four minutes of the quarter. That's actually a good thing considering I'm going against the Heat with the Raptors. This wasn't like that at launch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »