Home

NBA 2K12 Patch 1.04 Details, Arrives Tomorrow

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Patch 1.04 Details, Arrives Tomorrow within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2011, 09:41 PM   #161
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K12 Patch 1.04 Details, Arrives Tomorrow

Disappointed that they did not fix some of the other team up issues. Especially if you can still throw a full court inbound pass to the other side of the court.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2011, 09:46 PM   #162
Pro

ClevelandinDistress's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
I'm currently playing a game on Pro with the patch, and I've only scored two points in the first four minutes of the quarter. That's actually a good thing considering I'm going against the Heat with the Raptors. This wasn't like that at launch.
Yup the game is still challenging. Trust me you won't go back!
Old 12-13-2011, 09:54 PM   #163
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

It is quite apparent that I am in the minority, but I liked a lot of what I saw in these patch notes. I really enjoy NBA 2K12 but there were a couple of honest-to-goodness issues I'd been having with the game. Namely, I am very relieved to read the freezes and sudden roster corruptions have been addressed. Every other aspect and tweak to 2K12 gameplay paled in comparison with the inability to run through each mode without the constant threat of freeze and corruption. So that's huge for me.

Also, as someone who struggles with not exploiting exploits against the CPU, I'm really glad they addressed the post entries. I've found myself unable to be controlled in terms of dropping my defender down to the post to tip the clearly impending post entry.

I'm also quite comforted by the assurance my Warriors and Kings won't be getting deleted anymore. Love those teams.

Further, very important to me that the CPU late-game A.I. was tweaked.

Surely more could be done, but I'm very pleased with what they've addressed so far.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:06 PM   #164
MVP

OVR: 10

lol people still whining.

Sorry but anyone who says 2k11... no matter what patch you are using, is better than 2k12 at LAUNCH is insane. Anyone who wants to play 2k11 can just slide that back in IMO. Yeah it sucks to have paid 60 bucks for a bad product, but at least you have a good product to go back to that you like. And that's not even sarcasm; why force yourself to play a game you dislike when you have one you enjoy better sitting right in front of you? I felt the same with live 10 vs 2k11. I was like hmm this isn't doing it for me. back to Live...!

But 2k12... man you guys should be happy for this game. This game is a blessing to anyone who loves basketball. If the computer is too good, turn down the difficulty; you wanna get by the computer? turn down on ball D.

Would be nice to completely fix online, but that's all.

And I don't see this fast break issue. Certain guys just break out well. They get going at the right moment and get that speed burst. That is a dunk. It's not as easy to take the ball with the PG and go coast to coast, but if you do a lay up animation like a hop step or euro step you can still get a score.

I get a lot of fast break points, but my team is also like 99 99 99. AS EVERYONE'S TEAM SHOULD BE A FEW YEARS IN. Unless you handicap yourself on purpose...

-Smak
Old 12-13-2011, 10:11 PM   #165
Banned

thuglife74's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeness23
That's ALL of the cosmetic fixes, really??

These need to be fixed and there may be more that you guys can think of:

- Ability to edit color of headbands instead of them being automatic

- Ability to edit jersey fit (loose or tight) and short length (60's short shorts, 90's short shorts, baggy)

- In CAP, fix the current list of hairstyles or add more, because they look terrible

- Ability to use current players tattoos instead of the ones that are in CAP now, those are truly terrible. I'd rather have the ability to use some of LeBron's tats then the ones on the current CAP list

- Ability to wear socks underneath ankle braces, it was in last year, don't know what's wrong with it this year

- More Reebok and Adidas shoes

- Some of the CAP facial hair in the goatees section looks crooked like Hedo Turkoglu's. There's a couple that aren't even close to centered that need a fix to them cause it looks terrible.

-Body styles and wingspans. I don't know if this can be patched in or not but in any case we need different body styles like Durant, Dwight, LeBron, Glen Davis, and Kobe. Those are the ones that immediately come to mind. You should get a choice for different body styles in CAP. Wingspans, don't need any explaining; they could make a huge difference.
i'm not trying to be a jackass, but are you seriously asking for those petty fixes/additions? i mean, come on... geez. it's-a-video-game, sit back and enjoy what it is because you don't notice those things when you're playing the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2011, 10:13 PM   #166
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermati
No minutes per game fix for Association, are we stuck having every starter playing 34?

Come on 2k, you are better than this.

Don't do what you did in 2K10 with the Shaq shooting three pointers bug you never fixed.
I have been saying this since launch. How you goin have a nba game with every starter averaging 34 minutes? Sometimes I wonder if 2k watches the nba.

That was totally unacceptable what they did to 2k10 and left it that way. How you goin let centers shoot 3s until 2k11. That was a slap in the face to associations players and as far as I can tell they don't care about fixing association. Association players been voicing their frustrations since launch and look what we got.

Last edited by haloofduty; 12-13-2011 at 10:22 PM.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:17 PM   #167
MVP

TUSS11's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
  • Reduced steal success when the defender attempts a steal from behind the ballhandler.
  • Tuned player lunges on steal attempts such that they don’t cover an unrealistic amount of ground.
  • Corrected an issue where during online gameplay, a shot ball would ‘re-launch’ even after it had been blocked.
YES!!!!!!!
Old 12-13-2011, 10:25 PM   #168
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by thuglife74
i'm not trying to be a jackass, but are you seriously asking for those petty fixes/additions? i mean, come on... geez. it's-a-video-game, sit back and enjoy what it is because you don't notice those things when you're playing the game.
I actually do notice those things or I wouldn't have brought it up. Looks are part of the immersion for some people. I obviously have gameplay issues just look at my past blogs, it's just I notice other things as well. It all goes into the immersion aspect.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »