Home

NBA 2K12 Patch 1.04 Details, Arrives Tomorrow

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Patch 1.04 Details, Arrives Tomorrow within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2011, 10:38 PM   #169
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K12 Patch 1.04 Details, Arrives Tomorrow

Ok so I just quit a game and I was up 10 in the 3rd. Here's what happened. I was the Pacers at home, playing against the Knicks. So its 3rd quarter, I'm up by 7. I get the ball to D. West and get an And-1, but the ball doesn't go in the basket, it rims out (LOL). I make the free throw and Bibby brings the ball up court. He hits Melo on a cut and Melo drives to the basket. I block the ball with Hibbert, and it rolls off P. George out of bounds. The game calls a turnover Pacer's ball LOLOLOL! Nobody deserves that. The game was taking a #2 on the Knicks. I quit. Had I won, I would have still lost. I never seen these kinds of issues in 2k11. Why are they in 12? Fundamentals and foundation mean everything, w/o those you have nothing. I'm not getting my hopes up about this patch.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:03 PM   #170
Rookie

You were allowed to suggest trades or players in MP. When did this happened ?
Old 12-13-2011, 11:30 PM   #171
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Funny thread to read :)

Like everyone I thought the gameplay list would be longer but I'll test it out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2011, 12:19 AM   #172
Rookie

OVR: 1

I don't know how you can call your game the "best" in basketball simulation and not address the simulated statistics in Association Mode. Chris Paul and Deron Williams averaging 6-7 assists per game? Player minutes capped at 35? The NBA leader in blocks per game averaging around 2 (if that), each season? In My Player Mode, the team your player is on leads the NBA is almost every statistical category (and impressively so). Hell, your team can be absolutely terrible but by playing 12-minute quarters, the numbers produced are ridiculous.

Yeesh. I'm sure the game plays much better now and I'm sure a lot of important issues were fixed, but the above issue would seem to be of top importance for a game that brands itself as 2K does.

Last edited by miller31time; 12-14-2011 at 12:22 AM.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:45 AM   #173
Rookie

OVR: 3

not even close what i expected. i thought it would be totally a different game after patch.

2k thought they will make money with dlc. but instead if they would work on gameplay, they would have made even more with original sales.

Last edited by starks1903; 12-14-2011 at 01:53 AM.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:45 AM   #174
Pro

Rip4ever's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
You make some good points in this post, but you also make some points that I disagree with. Let me start with the ones that I agree with:

You're right. NBA 2K11 set the bar high, so it's only reasonable for consumers to expect more of the same in 2K12. NBA 2K12 does do a few things right. The strategic elements in the game are the deepest I've ever seen in a sports game. I finally feel like I have ever possible coaching option that I will ever need at my disposal. And I also agree that NBA 2K12 lacks polish relative to 2K11. That's where my agreeing with you ends.

On the other hand, and I'm using some hyperbole here, you are the only person who does not have a problem with the passing. We may disagree about a lot of things here at OS when it comes to 2K12, but I believe everyone agrees that passing needed to be address. 2K themselves even stated that. I'm eager to see how much passing has improved with the patch because passing is one of my favorite aspects of basketball, that and defense.

Second of all, you play on Pro. I'm not implying that there is anything wrong with that, but for a certain number of us, Pro is too easy for us to ever enjoy it. The thing about playing sports games against the A.I. is that you want to feel like you can lose. There was a time when sports games were easy as pie, even on the highest difficulty setting. I applaud 2K for making huge strides in their A.I. over the years to make it more intelligent and more challenging, but I also have to acknowledge the many instances of "cheapness" that occurs, and I'm not alone in these observations by the way. For some of us, we want to see those cheap tactics alleviated through the patch because the A.I. is challenging enough on the higher settings without them. That's what we call a happy medium. The game is difficult enough to provide a challenge but not impossible. As a right now, the game seems impossible on the higher difficulties.

You also mention taking a look back at the past. I can't speak for others, but I definitely know how far basketball games -- hell, sports games in general -- have come in terms of quality and how close they come to mimicking their real life sport. If a few of us seem a little obnoxious in our frustration, it's because we know that what we're expecting is possible. We're just asking for those expectations to be met.

Imagined that you went to a fine dining restaurant. You ate there last year, so you know the food is good. You spend $60 for what you hope will be the biggest, thickest, juiciest, tastiest steak you ever had in your entire life. Instead, when the steak arrives, it's rare when you ordered well-done, it's cold when you wanted it hot, and you ordered a baked potato, but it's missing. And get this: You can't get a refund. Wouldn't you be upset? Wouldn't you complain? The restaurant, however, is trying to make amends by giving you what you ask for. Now suppose they tried and gave up saying that they won't be able to give you the steak how you wanted today; come back next year. How would that make you feel then?

(And don't say you're a vegetarian LOL)

If it is too easy on pro why not try moving the game speed up to 60 or 70 instead of increasing difficulty level? I am pretty sure that will give you the challenge without changing CPU shot percentages.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:09 AM   #175
Rookie

OVR: 3

fastbreaks
double teams
spacing

not fixed!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2011, 03:19 AM   #176
Pro

ffpp's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffpp
Maybe 2k should just skip 2k13 and instead keep fixing the hell out of the current game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Pierce
Shesh you guys haven't played with the patch and your complaining. Why dont you wait until the patch is available for download to complain because their might have been some under the hood fixes?
I wasn't even that serious. I'm just being sarcastic because as a PC user I have to wait some time for the patch(es) anyway.
And btw, it of course would be best for the customers if 2k would skip 2k13 for the benefit of 2k12 because we would then get a lot of improvements for free while with 2k13 we would have to pay for them. That is why I absolutely don't believe that this could happen.
Ans because of that the dev team will probably not be able to divert many more resources towards 2k12 when the next development cycle is already running. (Not that I would know anything about the inner workings of the NBA 2k dev teams, just supposing).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »