Home

Major League Baseball 2K12 Video - Chris Snyder Interview, First Glimpses of Gameplay

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K12 Video - Chris Snyder Interview, First Glimpses of Gameplay within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2012, 09:45 AM   #161
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Major League Baseball 2K12 Video - Chris Snyder Interview, First Glimpses of Game

One huge problem I had with the last couple of 2K games is their fielding camera when up at bat. I hate it! I rather have the camera capture the action from up above rather than from the umpires POV. Wish theyd change that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2012, 12:15 PM   #162
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Major League Baseball 2K12 Video - Chris Snyder Interview, First Glimpses of Game

I totally agree with Pared, the game at times has felt phoned in.

But I also find it disappointing that other 'better' Game Franchises, despite having the time to work on it, haven't improved on areas that are lacking, aka commentary, certain animations etc. This isn't just one franchise, this is many across the board.

2K has not treated this game with the respect it deserves, but really, no other game franchise is 'perfect'

Last edited by Ollienyy; 01-25-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:35 PM   #163
Rookie

Hajmyis's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Is part of the problem a lack of overall interest in baseball video games?? Too slow of a game for kids to play, which is still a prime market for Madden?

I know from posting rosters on 2K Share... The number of NBA rosters downloaded is a LOT LOT more than MLB rosters, and I believe my latest file had the most downloads. I also believe I've read where african american interest in baseball (at least those who play) is at its lowest # in years, maybe all-time....

I don't think it's just the video game, but the game of baseball itself. In my backyard, the Tampa Bay Rays are really struggling... The mayor of St. Pete is spinning his wheels trying to figure out how to attract people to attend games. I fear this title may go by the wayside, and then some crap company picks up the title and we're back to stage 1 and a game that's a joke for many years.....
You right when you talk about lack of intrest in baseball games, look at the numbers.

MLB 2k11 sold 890,000 copies on all paltfroms

The SHow sold 690,000 on all play station platforms.

By contrast NBA 2k12 sold 3.06 million and Madden sold 4.8 million copies.

Last edited by Hajmyis; 01-27-2012 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Type-o
Old 01-27-2012, 02:01 PM   #164
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajmyis
You right when you talk about lack of intrest in baseball games, look at the numbers.

MLB 2k11 sold 890,000 copies on all paltfroms

The SHow sold 690,000 on all play station platforms.

By contrast NBA 2k12 sold 3.06 million and Madden sold 4.8 million copies.
wow well sonys game still did better since its the ps only
Old 01-27-2012, 02:06 PM   #165
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Those numbers don't lie... Ranking the major sports, the NFL is king. I truly believe interest in baseball is dwindling with the "younger" crowd. Some may disagree, but it's no longer "America's Past-time" like it once was...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2012, 02:08 PM   #166
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajmyis
Baseball is too slow, and with not enough attitude or tats for most gamers these days, lol.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:10 PM   #167
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
I truly believe interest in baseball is dwindling with the "younger" crowd. Some may disagree
Not much to argue or disagree with, baseball has been losing its appeal and fanbase for a decade.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:20 PM   #168
MVP

OVR: 4

I'll probably be sticking to 2k11. Even the golf course interview is a turn off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »