Home

MLB 2K12 Preview and Screenshots

This is a discussion on MLB 2K12 Preview and Screenshots within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2012, 06:12 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 2K12 Preview and Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I don't expect changes to the graphics. They aren't great but they aren't horrible and that won't have any impact on my decision to buy this game or not. I hope the base running animations are a lot better though. The game has always felt choppy and had rough transitions between animations.

For me I want to know that bugs are fixed. That fielding and throwing errors will actually be half decent at launch (these couldn't be fixed properly with sliders last year imo). That opposite field HRs will be toned down. That fatigue will be modelled better (especially for short seasons as the fatigue is horribly done there - everyone gets 2-3 rest days between games so you never need your bench really). Injuries were horribly done last year. Not getting fatigue and injuries right really hurts franchise mode.

2K will always have my ear because I love gesture pitching but the long term fun always got hurt by the problems this game had. I don't want to deal with all the little crap they get wrong this year.
the base running seemed decent from the gameplay we seen they run like in real games , most likely the game will be packed with glitches/bugs when its out i hope its not to the extreme like 2k11 was that was annoying as hell

the only reason im interested into getting it is the 80 Hour+ new commentary and well its the only option on the xbox i hope the graphics are a little improved and the fans/attendance because they are completely unrealistic
Old 02-08-2012, 06:19 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosnian19
most likely the game will be packed with glitches/bugs when its out i hope its not to the extreme like 2k11 was that was annoying as hell

if you look at A-Rod for example he looks like some randomly created player

i hope the graphics are a little improved and the fans/attendance because they are completely unrealistic
So your issues with the game are with player faces, that it's filled with glitches, and has completely unrealistic crowds. I can't stand the lack of hitting options. Now explain to me what the difference between your complaints with the game and mine.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:22 AM   #19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by peigone
So your issues with the game are with player faces, that it's filled with glitches, and has completely unrealistic crowds. I can't stand the lack of hitting options. Now explain to me what the difference between your complaints with the game and mine.
get used to the controls simple as that
whats wrong with the hitting options?
Old 02-08-2012, 06:30 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
get used to the controls simple as that
whats wrong with the hitting options?
Get used to the crowds?
Get used to the glitches?
What's wrong with the generic faces?
Where exactly are you going with this?
bosnian, it sounds like English isn't your first language so I'm going to choose to ignore your oddball comments and wobbly logic and such. Enjoy the game bro.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:39 AM   #21
Pro

Geolink's Arena

OVR: 4
Will this be the last MLB 2K game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2012, 06:40 AM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by peigone
Get used to the crowds?
Get used to the glitches?
What's wrong with the generic faces?
Where exactly are you going with this?
bosnian, it sounds like English isn't your first language so I'm going to choose to ignore your oddball comments and wobbly logic and such. Enjoy the game bro.
controls are a little thing in a game
you can't change graphics crowds by yourself duh
Old 02-08-2012, 06:44 AM   #23
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
controls are a little thing in a game
you can't change graphics crowds by yourself duh
Calm down guys. Everyone has different desires. We all want the game to fit what we want. Nothing wrong with wanting better graphics or a zone hitting system. I want a better hitting system that doesn't promote opposite field HRs.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:14 AM   #24
Rookie

mpgm's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
These lame previews are getting annoying. The game releases in 4 weeks and both baseball games have probably gone gold by now (or very shortly). What's the hold up on some actual decent info and videos?

As for that preview I don't understand the focus on repetitive commentary. It is true for player specific commentary as you would hear a lot of that every game in franchise mode but overall the commentary was outstanding imo. Lack of HRs? Did the previewer not play with sliders? It certainly wasn't an issue for the user. The only issue the game had with a lack of HRs was with the cpu as they use the contact swing too often which has far too little pop. Crank the cpu power up and that issue was gone. I thought hit variety was pretty decent last year too. Again, very tired of the lame previews.
all approve to your opinion.
Information is late always.
They do not open the door.
Also the image,video plentifully is insufficient.
Why does 2k hide?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »