Home

NHL 12 Patch 1.04 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on NHL 12 Patch 1.04 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3, 360) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2012, 09:32 AM   #225
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 12 Patch 1.04 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

I just don't understand and have no more patience to figure it out.....My PS3 got fried and I had to purchase a new one so I had to start my season over. Thank God for Matts rosters, but Im reading how everyone is getting penalties called now with update 1.04 and have tried the settings people have posted and nothing! 3 games 4 pps for CPU 0 for me.......I guess this year is lost for me and the NHL series which sucks because there is so much I do like about the game, but I cannot get past the no PPs...I just dont get it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2012, 09:13 PM   #226
Rookie

OVR: 1

I didn't see it on this update patch, but I've seen it on past threads - (and I just bought this game Saturday and have everything up to date)

Auto Goalie goes to play puck behind net, gets puck and turns out of trapezoid. I try to take control of my goalie before this is going to happen but I'm always redirected to another player.

It seems to happen once or twice during a game, and usually near the end of a period. Just was playing offline exhibition game trying out goal horn song. I am playing as San Jose and my opponent is Calgary. Tied 3-3, Niemi at the start of OT plays the puck and I press and held L1 and x to try and manually control him, but nope, he turns and whistle 4-on-3 PP for Flames...

Anyone else still having this issue? I thought I'd find out to see if there was a way to minimize this happening if not completely fixing it before sending this to EASPorts NHL Dev Team.

The game is fun, and more challenging but there a few annoyances.

I seemed to be having a plethora of goals scored in the last minute of periods, for a few days while I was working out controls it was 80-20% in favor of CPU in last minute goals, now it's about 70-30% still seems like an excessive amount, since I've only played maybe 15 games (offilne). Still trying to figure some controls out and hone my game before jumping online.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:58 AM   #227
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
I just don't understand and have no more patience to figure it out.....My PS3 got fried and I had to purchase a new one so I had to start my season over. Thank God for Matts rosters, but Im reading how everyone is getting penalties called now with update 1.04 and have tried the settings people have posted and nothing! 3 games 4 pps for CPU 0 for me.......I guess this year is lost for me and the NHL series which sucks because there is so much I do like about the game, but I cannot get past the no PPs...I just dont get it!
It's hit or miss this year. I'm not using the patch and I just had 7 total penalties in my last BAGM game, CPU took 4 and I took 3.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:08 AM   #228
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I was at the Avs-Blackhawks game last night. Three penalties called all game, all 3 on Colorado ... just sayin'.

I've had games in NHL where I and the CPU get called for 3-5 a game, and others where there's only 1-2 called all game.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 02-09-2012, 01:42 AM   #229
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I was at the Avs-Blackhawks game last night. Three penalties called all game, all 3 on Colorado ... just sayin'.

I've had games in NHL where I and the CPU get called for 3-5 a game, and others where there's only 1-2 called all game.
This is pretty much my experience too, DJ.

Like a few guys mentioned...one thing that can help draw a few more calls on the cpu is carrying the puck a bit more. Especially in the cpu's zone. Which can lead to some hooking and slashing calls.

Off topic but...dang I wish we'd get a few more tuner sets for this years game. Granted we did get two patches this year vs the one we seem to normally get. But if I remember right, we got six tuner sets last year to help the gameplay along. Seems we're kinda getting short changed for '12'. I'd be smiling from ear to ear if we got tuners to help curb the cpu's pass accuracy [like last year] and the much mentioned pass reception ease. Just these two things imo would make such a nice difference to the gameplay. Maybe kinda silly but...the tuner set were kinda fun to download, and made me feel like the EA Canada guys were listening to us. I miss those 1.5 second downloads.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:39 AM   #230
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ

To piggy back off this, the Maple Leafs were a perfect 17 for 17 on the PK in January. They played 13 games; that average's to 1.3 penalties/game.

Go Leafs!!!
Old 02-09-2012, 10:51 AM   #231
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
It's hit or miss this year. I'm not using the patch and I just had 7 total penalties in my last BAGM game, CPU took 4 and I took 3.
Yup...I know some don't agree with me because they are getting mixed results but for me its the patch. Deleted update 1.04 and now I'm getting good amount of calls and a wide variety. With it I was getting 0-2 a game so thats the fix for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2012, 11:31 PM   #232
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
I don't know if it's because of the new update, but i got a penalty for shooting a puck into the net after the whistle (2 min. roughing) and then later got a 5 minute major for charging.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »