Home

MLB 2K12 Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on MLB 2K12 Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2012, 07:08 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 46
Re: MLB 2K12 Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfazyankees
Playstation Store hasn't updated yet.

yes it has.
you have to use the search engine in psn to locate it.

896 mb is the file size just so u know.

very early impression on the lighting.
i dont know if the y did anything to it, but if my eyes aren't failing, it looks improved.
i am going to dive into several 3 inning run-throughs then give deeper than jack handey thoughts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2012, 07:12 PM   #42
Pro

OVR: 11

360- once again the game is fun and I agree with what most of you are saying. You definitely cant judge this game based on this demo with the best commentary in the business missing IMO. The pitching is very solid and improved with the new overlays and strategy. When it comes down to it, this game is actually more sim than you think with the added pitching info and the way the AI simulates abusing pitches. I think 2k really hit something big with this. The new fielding animations and throw meter is awesome! There is now a risk/reward for throwing on the run versus setting your feet. Again another cool innovative feature in my book.

Where the game continues to struggle is graphically, little stutter on foul balls, and post play animations really need work still. This is where the other game is very strong. With that being said I will take fun over pretty again this year.

I'm really looking forward to the MLB today season feature since my time is very limited and I don't play online much anymore.

Hopefully we will see a 2k13 and they will continue to add and fine tune animations and give us a complete graphical upgrade. If they do that and keep the game fun to play they will be back in the race. Until it gets prettier it will only detract from the casual fan who looks at the back of box.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:23 PM   #43
Banned

SportsGamingBlake's Arena

OVR: 0

on the in game scoreboard at the top of the screen there is nothing that indicates whether it is the top or bottom of an inning. in previous games there has been a yellow line above or below where it says "2nd" but this year there isnt one i guess
Old 02-28-2012, 07:24 PM   #44
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

I was able to easily check swing with the analog batting but no luck witht the classic swinging. Going to play a few more games...

Really really wish theyd release full game demos so we could look at a least some of the managerial decisions the CPU would make.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 02-28-2012, 07:41 PM   #45
Rookie

Hajmyis's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I was able to easily check swing with the analog batting but no luck witht the classic swinging. Going to play a few more games...

Really really wish theyd release full game demos so we could look at a least some of the managerial decisions the CPU would make.
How you check swing, I haven't been able to do
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2012, 07:43 PM   #46
Pro

Super Glock's Arena

OVR: 10

PS3 here and I see immediate improvements. I not going to go into it right now besides the fact the graphics are very much improved. The PS3 version last year was dreadful! Anyways first day buy and back to playing.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:44 PM   #47
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

Played a quick game and I think the game is pretty good. Smoother than I expected. Looks good to me.
Going to try to give the demo a few more run throughs.
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-28-2012, 07:45 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 7

Really liked it. The faces still aren't up to the show or spot on, but the graphics look bright and colorful and the gameplay is rock solid. Just felt like I was in the flow of the game. Lots of little details to the gameplay and the presentation seems to be spot on.

It's a shame it has taken 2k this long but they are slowly building a really good baseball game here. Just don't buy it every year. I'm not sure if this is it, but it's getting close.

The game just played smooth and felt like I was playing a baseball game like it should feel. Nice ambience, plate duels, good assortment of hits and animations. Pitching has been really tightened and I'm getting k's at a good rate.

I'm impressed. This game isn't going to blow anyone away or be that different than last year but the little details and a decent bump in graphics is a nice step up.

Last edited by celtics6; 02-28-2012 at 07:50 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »