Home

MLB 2K12 Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on MLB 2K12 Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-29-2012, 11:03 AM   #113
Rookie

tmac55's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: MLB 2K12 Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here

I have enjoyed the demo. To me, this definitely represents a polished and tweaked 2K11. I can appreciate the changes since I did enjoy last year's version.

Unfortunately this is just a small sample of the product, so I am wary of this success with the demo translating into the full version.

This title has promise to be a solid baseball game for us 360 gamers. Yes it still has its small quirks but i have to give 2K credit where it is due so far. Glad to see they didn't mail it in on the last year of the licence.

Old 02-29-2012, 11:49 AM   #114
Rookie

beecravey7's Arena

OVR: 3

For those trying to cancel a fielder's throw, R1 should do the trick on the ps3 and probably that other system as well which would be RB i think. Does anyone know if the new system that makes pitches more effective and less effective based on how much you throw them can be turned off in case it is not implemented well or turns out to be a bad aspect of the game? Also I did notice some of the infield throws looked like a throw out of a windup which they threw perfectly straight over the top and took awhile to get rid of the ball. Overall a fun game.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:55 AM   #115
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp121272
I don't care for the overuse of a pitch thing. If a pitch is working, I see no reason a pitcher should suffer just because he's getting guys out. And, I don't see where giving up a hit should affect the rating of that pitch. Pitchers do not throw perfect games all the time and hits will be given up, and that does not mean the pitch quality is going downhill. Location is key and missing your location one time does not mean that same pitch loses efficiency unless we are supposed to pitch perfect games all the time.
I like the thought process behind implementing this kind of a system it's just that devs always overdo it. Same as with the pitcher confidence thing and that basically goes for all games.

Last edited by tvman; 02-29-2012 at 12:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-29-2012, 12:08 PM   #116
Rookie

anchorsteamer's Arena

OVR: 1
Played two brief games and my initial impressions are good--stronger than the 2k11 demo and, by most accounts, it should be a tighter game overall. I hope some of the strange camera angles are ironed out in the final product (after picking off a runner at second, the camera panned immediately to third base for no reason). Shadow jaggies still bother me and some awkward/rushed animations cut into the immersion experience, but I thought the stadium looked sharp and graphics overall improved. 2K made it a must buy for me by pairing it with NBA for $10 more, so I'll be playing MLB 2k12 after laying off 2k11.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:15 PM   #117
MVP

OVR: 4

I would like to note the soft liners are gone. I am going to give this title a try on the PC this year.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:22 PM   #118
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44
Man, the more I play this demo...the more I like it. It just has a "fun" feeling to it. Can't wait to see what the finished product will be like.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
Old 02-29-2012, 12:28 PM   #119
Pro

OVR: 6

Really unimpressed with this demo. The players look like cartoons and all their bodies seem the same. I downloaded it to hear all the hype about the commentary only to find that there is none. Lucky for me, I have a PS3.

Madden 24: Follow my Vikes 'chise here!

Get off your knees blue, you're blowing the game!!
Old 02-29-2012, 12:42 PM   #120
Rookie

OVR: 0
Anyone else have a problem with bunting still? My catcher goes for the ball and I can barely throw out the damn pitcher. The catcher just takes soooo long to react to the throw and sometimes I'll be running towards the ball with the catcher and it goes far enough that the pitcher takes over and I end up making him run backwards.

Also was not impressed that the opposing catcher actually turned a bunt until a double play because he had no trouble at all throwing the ball immediately.

Oberall the game feels like last years which is good, but I'm worried that the final product isn't going to fix many of the issues, and will probably introduce some new ones.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »