Home

How Do You Like the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Kinect Controls?

This is a discussion on How Do You Like the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Kinect Controls? within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2012, 09:57 AM   #17
Rookie

josef's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: How Do You Like the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Kinect Controls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by burter
I'm at my wits end with this. I might go pick it up for ps3 and use the move. I just don't get wtf is going on. If i turn sideways from the tv and do my motion it picks up my backswing perfect (of course I can't do the follow through because the Kinect can't see it with me facing sideways but it sees my back motion). But if I face the kinect and do my regular motion the 2 dots that are my hands get lost or just disappear or are no where near where my hands are. I just do not get what is going on. I have never been this f-ing pissed at a game,ever. I want to play it really bad with kinect but it is just not reading me.....

Edit: Ok I'm trying to stay calm here, it's hard. Anyways I found a way for me to do my normal swing. I'm standing kind of Diagonal and it is reading my back swing perfect and it is doing my front swing also. So this isn't bad at all now. At least I can enjoy the game now without hurting my swing.
Hey Burter, have you calibrated your kinect lately? and how's your lighting in your room? is it above your tv or below? I'm just curious.. it just seems like you shouldn't be having that many issues. I plan on trying the Kinect version out today so I'll report back on how it goes.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:53 AM   #18
MVP

Brian_OS's Arena

OVR: 14

calibrating fixed my issues. now it is picking up my entire swing. By moving the camera up a few inches it now works.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:08 AM   #19
MVP

Brian_OS's Arena

OVR: 14

You guys should check out this video.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/03/30...r-13-interview

In the video Tiger says there are 62 million shots in the game when using the Kinect. At this point I think I have only found 1. I get the same consistent swing and predictable distance on every shot regardless of form.

Then he says they want to make the game accessible to people who have never played a golf game before....

This leads me to believe the game is assisting you in a major way when using the Kinect. If it really did track my swing in excruciating detail, I would shank the ball consistently like i do in real life.
Old 03-31-2012, 01:13 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 3
I agree with Brian. Unless it's because I'm only on Tour Pro mode?
Old 03-31-2012, 03:02 PM   #21
Rookie

burter's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by josef
Hey Burter, have you calibrated your kinect lately? and how's your lighting in your room? is it above your tv or below? I'm just curious.. it just seems like you shouldn't be having that many issues. I plan on trying the Kinect version out today so I'll report back on how it goes.
Yea Josef, and Brian, I have calibrated it a few times. I'm not sure what is really going on. I have my kinect chest high, on top of the tv (about 4 1/2 to 5 feet up).

So I was able to try out opening the blinds to my apartment since I was home this morning and that worked. It was about not having enough light. So standing a certain way is getting the kitchen light on me better. Going to go buy a lamp now for my living room lol. Thanks guys. I won't lie, I didn't think it was my light at all because all the other games worked great.

Quotes lines from Mr. Schwarzenegger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDxn0...eature=related

How to not get your a** kicked by the police.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=uj0mtxXEGE8#!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2012, 05:08 PM   #22
Rookie

burter's Arena

OVR: 6

Sigh, it wasn't the light. I got my hopes up thinking it was because the game was swinging better but it started up again (I should have tested it out more before declaring that was it). Figured out it might just be a bad game disk. Talk to xbox support and we where trying everything. I decided to go into tiger woods demo and see. And sure enough in the demo no problems at all. Did the demo about 8 times in a row just to make sure, and it was reading my backswing correctly. Went back to the finish TW game and it just doesn't read the backswing. So going to return it and get another disk. I'm hoping it's just a bad disk.

Quotes lines from Mr. Schwarzenegger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDxn0...eature=related

How to not get your a** kicked by the police.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=uj0mtxXEGE8#!
Old 04-01-2012, 08:32 PM   #23
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19
Sounds like this kinect and tiger thing was a colossal fail.

I enjoyed TW for the Wii that used motion plus, seemed to work really well, even though that game was stripped down to the bones.

I blame EA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-01-2012, 10:03 PM   #24
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

I'm having fun with it and that's all I care about.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »