Home

NCAA Football 13 Sights and Sounds Interview Questions

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Sights and Sounds Interview Questions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 02:57 PM   #97
Rookie

Cane305's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by avross
What do u mean by turf? They maybe should add the turf balls but u dont get turf degradation. I think when playing on turf u should see black n green stains on jerseys and some tears
By turf I mean anything to make it look better or more refined then last years...
Old 03-31-2012, 03:13 PM   #98
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NCAA Football 13 Sights and Sounds Interview Questions

My biggest questions will be:

1) How does EA plan on handling Home/Away crowds? One of the biggest issues with the presentation is that there is no home field "feel". It bring something new to the table (especially Coaching Carousel) when coaching at a different school actually feels different. Maybe I have it set up easy in the Big East as the head coach of West Virginia, but I want to feel the pressure of a big time conference and have a job opening at some place like Arkansas. Playing in Death Valley or The Swamp should feel different than playing at Syracuse.

2) Will Pre-Game, Post-Game segments be updated? I know I wasn't the only one who was tremendously disappointed when my team won a huge game over a rival. It would be really cool if after the game, they cut it to a "gameday" crew, or even just Reese Davis, and he gave a recap of the game, maybe some stuff from other games, and some graphics showing the new standings in the conference, updated with wins/losses from earlier that day.

On the flip side, I was very happy with last years pre-game. I think there is a couple things that would add to it a ton, however. Give us 10-15 generic entrances. It was really boring, and took the realism out of the game when you see the exact same entrance every time, at every school. Another thing I'd like for them to do is to enhance upon the pre-game commentary. What does this game mean for each team, who has been on fire recently, and what are some intriguing matchups?

3) How are sidelines going to look? One thing I don't think EA has grasped, is that the realism of the game is kicked to the curb as soon as it begins. If its not via the same entrance over and over again, its the fans lining up in the stadium, and the players/coaches on the sideline. They're all cardboard cut outs, and I seriously have to refrain from looking at the sideline if I want to be able to enjoy the game. Just look at The Show for an example on how to handle this. People walking up and down the isle, beach balls being knocked around, and players having actual reactions to plays on the field.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 03-31-2012, 04:44 PM   #99
Rookie

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
My biggest questions will be:

1) How does EA plan on handling Home/Away crowds? One of the biggest issues with the presentation is that there is no home field "feel". It bring something new to the table (especially Coaching Carousel) when coaching at a different school actually feels different. Maybe I have it set up easy in the Big East as the head coach of West Virginia, but I want to feel the pressure of a big time conference and have a job opening at some place like Arkansas. Playing in Death Valley or The Swamp should feel different than playing at Syracuse.

2) Will Pre-Game, Post-Game segments be updated? I know I wasn't the only one who was tremendously disappointed when my team won a huge game over a rival. It would be really cool if after the game, they cut it to a "gameday" crew, or even just Reese Davis, and he gave a recap of the game, maybe some stuff from other games, and some graphics showing the new standings in the conference, updated with wins/losses from earlier that day.

On the flip side, I was very happy with last years pre-game. I think there is a couple things that would add to it a ton, however. Give us 10-15 generic entrances. It was really boring, and took the realism out of the game when you see the exact same entrance every time, at every school. Another thing I'd like for them to do is to enhance upon the pre-game commentary. What does this game mean for each team, who has been on fire recently, and what are some intriguing matchups?

3) How are sidelines going to look? One thing I don't think EA has grasped, is that the realism of the game is kicked to the curb as soon as it begins. If its not via the same entrance over and over again, its the fans lining up in the stadium, and the players/coaches on the sideline. They're all cardboard cut outs, and I seriously have to refrain from looking at the sideline if I want to be able to enjoy the game. Just look at The Show for an example on how to handle this. People walking up and down the isle, beach balls being knocked around, and players having actual reactions to plays on the field.
I agree with all of that
Old 03-31-2012, 08:37 PM   #100
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is it actually goiong to be accurate, in depth commentary? Or the good ole EA fill up blank space 1 liners that we have become accustomed too?
Old 03-31-2012, 10:46 PM   #101
Rookie

jhendricks316's Arena

OVR: 32
Will I have to RELY on Custom Stadium Sounds like before, or someone actually listened to what EA Sports calls "fight songs"? As a musician, some of these "fight songs" were cacophonies of misplaced rhythms that aren't realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2012, 08:21 AM   #102
Rookie

OVR: 0

1.) More dynamic stats in game and replays, camera angles. I need to see season stats, game stats more often, even breakdowns of a players skills on the field
2.) Pre-game, Halftime, and Post Game commentary and presentation needs to be a bit more epic. Just a bit

3.) More realistic sidelines. Players and coaches reacting. More camera men and reporters. Sidelines look SUPER dead, bare and bland in these games.

4.) Bring momentum back. Rowdier crowd that reacts appropriately to big situations. I want to feel like my interception with 6 seconds left in the 4th MEANS something
Old 04-01-2012, 09:25 AM   #103
Pro

OVR: 33
Both Madden & NCAA games last year were audible disasters. From the commentary to the non existent atmosphere these games were bad. I hope EA listened to the community & got these issues addressed to both titles this time aorund.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:05 AM   #104
MVP

OVR: 12

Are all these great sight and sounds that we are supposedly going to get be available in the Online Modes ? or will they just work for offline modes only ?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »