Home

Madden NFL 13 Gameplay Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Gameplay Impressions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2012, 08:18 PM   #81
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Madden 13 Gameplay Impressions

There's a huge difference between Impressions and a Features list.

queation people want to know is does it feel like the same old Madden, did the game make a huge leap forward in the areas mentioned. was the feature that you listed enjoyable?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2012, 02:40 PM   #82
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Madden 13 Gameplay Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
There's a huge difference between Impressions and a Features list.

queation people want to know is does it feel like the same old Madden, did the game make a huge leap forward in the areas mentioned. was the feature that you listed enjoyable?
Honestly, I have to agree. The biggest problem I see with all of these "impressions" is they are very misleading. Have you noticed that EVERYTHING is positive? They never tell you about anything that may be disappointing. This read exactly like it was off of the back of the EA box. All of these guys that do these impressions are big EA cheerleaders. Can we get someone like Bill Abner to do these? Someone who has no connections to EA and can be completely objective. Clearly there are positives about the game, and it's great to see that, but let's be truthful about what still doesn't work.

Also, they doubled the gameplay team, but where is the huge jump in improvement? Back in the day, when a new version of a game came out, there were large improvements to ALL aspects of gameplay. I don't want to hear the excuse of one year cycle either. If you think a lot of the stuff showing up here was developed in 9 months you are on something. Most of this stuff has been worked on for a good long while. They have had 7 years worth of this generation's code to build on and really push the envelope. These improvements LOOK nice and all, but it's still not enough to fix the football. How come the line interactions never got touched?

The other thing is, we won't even know how well these new additions work until we get to play the demo and/or see footage of tuned gameplay.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:42 PM   #83
Banned

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Honestly, I have to agree. The biggest problem I see with all of these "impressions" is they are very misleading. Have you noticed that EVERYTHING is positive? They never tell you about anything that may be disappointing. This read exactly like it was off of the back of the EA box. All of these guys that do these impressions are big EA cheerleaders. Can we get someone like Bill Abner to do these? Someone who has no connections to EA and can be completely objective. Clearly there are positives about the game, and it's great to see that, but let's be truthful about what still doesn't work.

Also, they doubled the gameplay team, but where is the huge jump in improvement? Back in the day, when a new version of a game came out, there were large improvements to ALL aspects of gameplay. I don't want to hear the excuse of one year cycle either. If you think a lot of the stuff showing up here was developed in 9 months you are on something. Most of this stuff has been worked on for a good long while. They have had 7 years worth of this generation's code to build on and really push the envelope. These improvements LOOK nice and all, but it's still not enough to fix the football. How come the line interactions never got touched?

The other thing is, we won't even know how well these new additions work until we get to play the demo and/or see footage of tuned gameplay.
And then there will be ANOTHER wait of a few monthst while they screw around with a patch or two...madden used to be a day one purchase. Now its a Christmas purchase, if at all. Too bad...been playing it since 89...only missed the last 2 years. It just feels so stale and boring
Old 04-27-2012, 09:56 PM   #84
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABR173rd
You have to watch CRM- definitely not subjective (sarcasm) when it comes to Madden. It was made pretty clear that they are tweaking/tuning O-line/D-line interactions not overhauling it. We will not be seeing any double teams in this Gen....
Why do you say that?!? Because I have Game Changer in my signature? That means I volunteer my time to help get YOUR feedback heard. Not to sugar coat. If I sugar coat... I get booted from the program. That's real.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-28-2012, 02:08 PM   #85
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

OVR: 6
I am seeing all these changes. Are they ever going to be a the same level of 2k5 on realism. I buy Madden every year hoping it will be good and ever year by christmas I have put it away. Last year there big change was the ebay free agents, which was terrible in my opinion. I still think they are catching up to the last madden that was on ps2 and xbox. Can we start a kickstart football game and i will be the first to put my money into that instead of wasting it on madden. I usually just let this stuff go, but I am tired of just having the choice of one football game. Maybe ps vita can have something different. I would buy ps vita just for that. I can see why they were voted the worst company. How can they have a great soccer and hockey game but miss on Madden every year? End rant.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2012, 02:11 PM   #86
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by timisone
I am seeing all these changes. Are they ever going to be a the same level of 2k5 on realism. I buy Madden every year hoping it will be good and ever year by christmas I have put it away. Last year there big change was the ebay free agents, which was terrible in my opinion. I still think they are catching up to the last madden that was on ps2 and xbox. Can we start a kickstart football game and i will be the first to put my money into that instead of wasting it on madden. I usually just let this stuff go, but I am tired of just having the choice of one football game. Maybe ps vita can have something different. I would buy ps vita just for that. I can see why they were voted the worst company. How can they have a great soccer and hockey game but miss on Madden every year? End rant.
I meant to say can't
Old 04-28-2012, 02:18 PM   #87
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

Also what are we comparing madden to? Last year's version? Of course its going to be better. Doesn't mean its going be a good game. I am tired of spending my hard earn money on Madden just because it is the only game out there. I wish they didn't have the NFL license. Why can't EA just admit failure like they did with NBA live and stop making a game until it ready? Oh I forgot they are the only one making a football game. No Madden for me this year, Not unless it is 100 times better which I doubt.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:21 PM   #88
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson24
Yeah the "new" feature lead passing is back......
Maybe they will bring back cone passing too!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »