Home

Madden NFL 13 Video Interview - EA Tiburon Breaks Down Some of the New Changes

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Video Interview - EA Tiburon Breaks Down Some of the New Changes within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2012, 09:27 PM   #81
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 13 Video Interview - EA Tiburon Breaks Down Some of the New Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandFan
If you want to play sim, then setup a online franchise with sim players only.

Simple. Now STFU
That wouldn't solve the issue of there not being a venue where people that play "sim" want to compete for cash and prizes though. That's the point I think Smoke is trying to make, that the tourney scene has become mainly about glitches and exploits without a representation for those that enjoy monetary/prize based competition but want more realistic NFL game play rules and enforcement.

I agree.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2012, 09:29 PM   #82
EA Game Changer

sgibs7's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Madden NFL 13 Video Interview - EA Tiburon Breaks Down Some of the New Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
That wouldn't solve the issue of there not being a venue where people that play "sim" want to compete for cash and prizes though. That's the point I think Smoke is trying to make, that the tourney scene has become mainly about glitches and exploits without a representation for those that enjoy monetary/prize based competition but want more realistic NFL game play rules and enforcement.

I agree.
thats not what the tournament scene is about at all. at all major tournaments all glitches are banned.

i play madden at a high level and there is a very sound scheme behind what I do.

just as the sim crowd doesnt get credit from people for how they view and want the game - tournament players shouldnt be branded as being one type of player.

i really only think that there is one kind of madden player and that is a madden player.

My latest Madden 13 & NCAA 13 strategy guides:
Official EA SPORTS Madden NFL 13 Strategy Guide
Official EA SPORTS NCAA Football 13 Strategy Guide

Learn more about Madden Tips:
www.MaddenTips.com

http://twitter.com/Sgibs7
Old 05-02-2012, 09:31 PM   #83
Pro

ClevelandFan's Arena

OVR: 0

When money is on the line, people are going to do whatever it takes to win, period. They aren't going to hold themselves back so they can be considered "sim" and feel good about themselves for doing so.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:31 PM   #84
MVP

OVR: 8

if you aint cheatin, you aint tryin
Old 05-02-2012, 09:36 PM   #85
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaddenlab
TGL is not a glitch site, it is a strategy site for virtual football gamers. There are plenty of glitch sites out there if that's what you are looking for. We moved away from that stigma years ago. Do some forum members still look for exploits? Sure. Are we looking to exploit game glitches and ruin online games, leagues, tournaments, etc? No. We report game changing issues.
REALLY? Because here at OS, I see others helping people with football tactics, I dont see threads or posts related to cheating or learning how to cheat. Stuff like that gets removed from here.

You wanna kill off the SIM v freestyle terms, then answer the question i posed twice now.

As for you cleveland,

Why is it that WE always have to go and find a SIM CLUB to join? Do you run madden? I dont and I dont think I do either, but they're are more disgruntled gamers that jumped ship until it gets right then there are players like you.

Why cant I just come home and enjoy a pick up game in the play now section for some variety when none of my SIM members are available to play?

There's a reason people have been asking to bring back fair play to madden online, and I can honestly say I would even play more and frequent these boards with less complaints.

From posting here lately I have met alot of guys who got turned off from just 1 bad experience with guys like you and never touched online again. Thats just sad and it speaks volumes for how people feel and deal with that sort of gameplay.

Big F, VG locked it down, I was a part of that scene before it was even VG and even gave constructive criticism on making it a clean place to play. But they chose to get that money and thats what they're doing regardless of the money they lose for each SIM player that leaves or doesnt join, the money is enticing enough to make people want to cheat and glitch.

I couldnt do it, and I had an impressive record even dealing with all the drama and shady gameplay. But its not worth the headache sitting thru a game that truly pre determined because my opponent is too lazy to lab a legit scheme but instead goes and labs someone elses cheesy scheme and gimmicks in order to get some money.

Just morally wrong, I dont and never liked cheating people out of anything especially money. Thats some desperate stuff!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2012, 09:41 PM   #86
Pro

ClevelandFan's Arena

As long as exploits/glitches are there, they will be abused. If you can't get over that, then you should stop playing.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:45 PM   #87
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandFan
When money is on the line, people are going to do whatever it takes to win, period. They aren't going to hold themselves back so they can be considered "sim" and feel good about themselves for doing so.

Thats good to know, and its funny how everything you say and feel is exactly what the freestyle scene as always been about, but at the same time you are going up against Gibs and TGL as they are saying the exact opposite and I still dont know what the difference is between the SIM and Freestyle!

This is a headache in itself!

We a have a used to be freestyle play (cleveland) and 3-4 other freestyle players in here saying the opposite of what you say. But I guarantee you go to virgin and check the records and feedback of any of them and the members who attended the recent NY event, most of their feedback will tell you how they play and get down.

They will say exactly what cleveland says!

Guys that have cheated and lost to me, left me bad feedback and detailing what they did to but saying that I did it to them. I couldnt take it from that point on, that was just some plain out BS coming from a community of guys whose site thrived on MC winners who played this way to get their payday.

Now there here saying its not like that anymore, WOW!

I bet you any money or just for crap and giggles, that this last VG tourney winner cheated or glitched, whatever you want to call it. If not then what rules were there GIBS as there were no rules at all to enter or qualify for these events?
Old 05-02-2012, 09:50 PM   #88
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgibs7
thats not what the tournament scene is about at all. at all major tournaments all glitches are banned.

i play madden at a high level and there is a very sound scheme behind what I do.

just as the sim crowd doesnt get credit from people for how they view and want the game - tournament players shouldnt be branded as being one type of player.

i really only think that there is one kind of madden player and that is a madden player.
Well I can't speak for the tourney scene as a whole because I only dabble but what I described in my post is what I have experienced in online competitive play.

To the bold, what I was talking about extends beyond glitches and goes into "tactics". When you state " I play Madden at a high level" I really have no idea what that means and whenever people start claiming to assert nuanced NFL principles in a game that lacks so many fundamental real life NFL parameters, their logic usually becomes difficult for me to follow.

IMO, Madden is not that NFL deep or realistic and I don't understand what's so hard or confusing about playing the game within reasonable limitations.

To each their own though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »