Home

Madden NFL 13 Connected Careers Mode Preview

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Connected Careers Mode Preview within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-09-2012, 10:45 PM   #137
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 13 Connected Careers Mode Preview

I know custom playbooks are out of cc, but will gameplay and game flow still be available in cc?
Old 06-10-2012, 12:42 AM   #138
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8

i believe i saw gameflow in the video of looman showing off the new practice sessions. was hard to see the screen but i am pretty sure it was there
Old 06-10-2012, 12:46 AM   #139
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001
i believe i saw gameflow in the video of looman showing off the new practice sessions. was hard to see the screen but i am pretty sure it was there
Thank you!
Old 06-10-2012, 02:08 AM   #140
Rookie

OVR: 0

Nobody has started one that I can find....
Old 06-10-2012, 02:17 AM   #141
Pro

kingcrf's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vln13
I love the bottom of the screenshot, something about Jets players telling Tebow to hookup cause he's a virgin LMAO The writing in this story mode looks really clever! I would also love to know if, during games, Jim Nantz will cut away and talk about the standings/stats or whatever.
thats a real life headline from nfl.com not something game came up with
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2012, 02:20 AM   #142
Pro

kingcrf's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbowers7
1) Yes progression of old IS GONE. Honestly, I say thank you EA. I hated the BS progression that would occur. You decide who and where to progress. Now understand this before you think it sounds like cheating (Like I did), you only get SO much XP. And from the Josh Looman connected career video you can see that for a RB, it was like 45,000 to upgrade speed at 1 POINT.And trust me, from the goals it showed, you will not get XP like that very often and if you wanna upgrade more than one player, you got to distribute the XP or you are gonna be unbalanced. Another awesome thing is that as players get older, the prices of things (Such as speed) go up so it is almost impossible to make a 30+ year old gain speed (which is realistic to say the very least). You are not gonna be able to give everyone 99 stats on things that the position is good for, such as speed for RB, QB, WR, etc. Now a O line man, his speed will be A LOT cheaper than a RB. I think this will let players run their team how THEY want and not rely on random calculations from a CPU. Also keep in mind that there are different times you can choose to progress, weekly, every four weeks, and end of the year. You can also set the CPU to progress for you but that is no fun, now is it? This gives you a feeling of accomplishment for great play. Also already said that if it says to get 2,000 yards rushing for a season to get lets say 25,000 XP(random number, idk what you'd really get) and a user "Pads his stats" and gets 6,000 yards, well they only get 25,000 xp not anymore so stat padding is pointless. Hope that answers that

2) No idea.. lol

3) Yes if you are fired, Looman said you can recreate a coach, or join as a Legend coach, and take over the team you were fired from.
on #1 falacy only the progression rating is gone players still progress based on stats
Old 06-10-2012, 11:05 AM   #143
Rookie

warrior7807's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabeking
Does anyone know if the twitter and news portion of connected careers will have media members like sefter/Mort posting rumors like: potential bidding teams for specific free agents, potential trade partners for players or draft picks, speculation/rumors about which team will be drafting whomdft time, etc... Personally I would think it would add to the immersion/realism to the mode, does anyone know if it's in or not (probably not)? What would you all think of this?
I imagine there will be. what i know it does have is what you stated about potential draft picks. If you are scouting a QB, it will let everyone know via twitter feed that you are interested in taking a QB. This will be nice in online "franchise". I imagine if you were shopping someone on the trade block it would appear also. "The Miami Dolphins and Coach Philbin are shopping RB Reggie Bush..."
Old 06-11-2012, 02:45 AM   #144
Rookie

OVR: 1
Cancelled my pre-order after hearing about Connected Careers. Now instead of 3 unfinished game modes we have 1 broken game mode. We can no long control multiple teams, even offline, so now we are stuck with EA's shoddy AI controlling all 31 other franchises. To make matters worse, we can no long import draft classes from NCAA Football (needless to say I won't be buying NCAA 13), nor can we create or edit draft classes in our Connected Career, so we are forced to use the poorly crafted fake classes EA has created for us. Finally, we must choose between playing as a coach or a player. No longer can we play as a general manager and hire and fire coaches while we sign, cut, and trade players. I've had enough of constant theme of one step forward, two steps back that surrounds this game, and EA won't be getting a dollar out of me for it. I hope many of you join me in refusing to purchase an unfinished, inferior product.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »