Home

Madden NFL 13 Connected Careers Mode Preview

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Connected Careers Mode Preview within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2012, 02:48 AM   #145
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 13 Connected Careers Mode Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettCM06
Cancelled my pre-order after hearing about Connected Careers. Now instead of 3 unfinished game modes we have 1 broken game mode. We can no long control multiple teams, even offline, so now we are stuck with EA's shoddy AI controlling all 31 other franchises. To make matters worse, we can no long import draft classes from NCAA Football (needless to say I won't be buying NCAA 13), nor can we create or edit draft classes in our Connected Career, so we are forced to use the poorly crafted fake classes EA has created for us. Finally, we must choose between playing as a coach or a player. No longer can we play as a general manager and hire and fire coaches while we sign, cut, and trade players. I've had enough of constant theme of one step forward, two steps back that surrounds this game, and EA won't be getting a dollar out of me for it. I hope many of you join me in refusing to purchase an unfinished, inferior product.
Tell me more about how you haven't played Connected Careers mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2012, 02:52 AM   #146
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Tell me more about how you haven't played Connected Careers mode.
Try doing some research instead of acting like a smartass and making yourself look stupid. Josh Looman confirmed all of this in one of his recent Q&A interviews. If Connected Careers is such a vast improvement, tell me what exactly we are gaining from it?
Old 06-11-2012, 02:55 AM   #147
Nev
Rookie

Nev's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Cancelled my pre-order after hearing about Connected Careers. Now instead of 3 unfinished game modes we have 1 broken game mode. We can no long control multiple teams, even offline, so now we are stuck with EA's shoddy AI controlling all 31 other franchises. To make matters worse, we can no long import draft classes from NCAA Football (needless to say I won't be buying NCAA 13), nor can we create or edit draft classes in our Connected Career, so we are forced to use the poorly crafted fake classes EA has created for us. Finally, we must choose between playing as a coach or a player. No longer can we play as a general manager and hire and fire coaches while we sign, cut, and trade players. I've had enough of constant theme of one step forward, two steps back that surrounds this game, and EA won't be getting a dollar out of me for it. I hope many of you join me in refusing to purchase an unfinished, inferior product.
Thats not true. If you choose to be a coach, you handle all game play and off field moves. Scouting, trades, drafting etc is all down to you.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:58 AM   #148
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

Quote:
Try doing some research instead of acting like a smartass and making yourself look stupid. Josh Looman confirmed all of this in one of his recent Q&A interviews. If Connected Careers is such a vast improvement, tell me what exactly we are gaining from it?
New scheme/team specific overalls.
New scouting.
New complete user control over progression.
New CPU Trade-Logic that includes CPU-CPU trades and CPU proposed trades
New Dynamic storylines
New weekly, seasonal, and milestone goals
New injuries that could extend into the next season
New players and coaches returning from retirement
New free agency system
New weekly practice to gain coach and player XP.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:04 AM   #149
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nev
Thats not true. If you choose to be a coach, you handle all game play and off field moves. Scouting, trades, drafting etc is all down to you.
Reread what I said, I stated we could no long hire and fire coaches on top of being able to control player movement. That means you have no control over coaching changes, and again are completely at the mercy of the AI or if you decide to turn that aspect off, there will be absolutely no coaching movement at all.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:09 AM   #150
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
New scheme/team specific overalls.
New scouting.
New complete user control over progression.
New CPU Trade-Logic that includes CPU-CPU trades and CPU proposed trades
New Dynamic storylines
New weekly, seasonal, and milestone goals
New injuries that could extend into the next season
New players and coaches returning from retirement
New free agency system
New weekly practice to gain coach and player XP.
You must work for EA. None of that is "NEW". You basically listed a handful of features that have been in every franchise/superstar mode since the inception of either game mode, that have been tweaked and marketed as though they had never been seen before.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:22 AM   #151
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

Quote:
You must work for EA. None of that is "NEW". You basically listed a handful of features that have been in every franchise/superstar mode since the inception of either game mode, that have been tweaked and marketed as though they had never been seen before.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe you asked what we gained from CCM. Regardless of whether or not they're "NEW", by definition, they're all things that weren't there last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2012, 03:22 AM   #152
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8

@Brett are any of those things in madden 12?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »