Home

What Madden NFL 13 Connected Careers Gives, Takes Away and Might Have (Kotaku)

This is a discussion on What Madden NFL 13 Connected Careers Gives, Takes Away and Might Have (Kotaku) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2012, 09:15 AM   #25
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: What Madden NFL 13 Connected Careers Gives, Takes Away and Might Have (Kotaku)

i believe editing, especially mid-CC has more to do with goals than anything else. say you changed reggie bush from rb to wr, like i did last year, his goals would prolly not update for his new position till the next season. this could be worked out by allowing position changes only during the off season. i would think ratings would cause a similar problem, elite players you edited down would still have elite goals and backups you edited up would still have backup goals. that would have a huge effect on progression/regression. i dout numbers and equipment are really the issue and they will find a way to get editing those in
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2012, 09:35 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 4
I think I have a huge problem with this new CC mode but obviously I'm not sure yet cause I don't know for sure if this is the deal. But it seems to me that you are only able to play one offline and one online career at the same time. So if I want to have 2 offline CC's going, one with a crap team and one with a good team, EA says I'm no longer allowed to do that. And I have 2 groups of friends that will be having seperate online franchises (or CC's, whatever its called now), so does this mean that I'm only allowed to play in one of them? And I live with my brother and we play seasons against each other in most sports games, does this mean we both can't play in the same season?

If all of the above is true, than I'm sorry but that is horsecrap. Basically then we would be back in the Sega Genesis era of Madden 94 when only one season can exist per household. How could a bunch of people at EA think that would be a good idea? Hopefully I'm just confused and I got it all wrong. But for some reason, I don't think I do. And that would suck.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:38 AM   #27
Rookie

themassacre771.1's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: What Madden NFL 13 Connected Careers Gives, Takes Away and Might Have (Kotaku)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgotSyphillis
I think I have a huge problem with this new CC mode but obviously I'm not sure yet cause I don't know for sure if this is the deal. But it seems to me that you are only able to play one offline and one online career at the same time. So if I want to have 2 offline CC's going, one with a crap team and one with a good team, EA says I'm no longer allowed to do that. And I have 2 groups of friends that will be having seperate online franchises (or CC's, whatever its called now), so does this mean that I'm only allowed to play in one of them? And I live with my brother and we play seasons against each other in most sports games, does this mean we both can't play in the same season?

If all of the above is true, than I'm sorry but that is horsecrap. Basically then we would be back in the Sega Genesis era of Madden 94 when only one season can exist per household. How could a bunch of people at EA think that would be a good idea? Hopefully I'm just confused and I got it all wrong. But for some reason, I don't think I do. And that would suck.
I believe youre wrong about your first 2 bolded points. You can have a lot of offline cc's I'm pretty sure I saw him say. Last point is correct, however.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:56 AM   #28
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: Kotaku article on what Connected Careers has and doesn't have

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
I don't have a problem with Cardinals signing him it's the Saints not re-signing him that troubles me. If its just an isolated event that's not a problem, but if the Pats release Brady, the Steelers Roth, the Packers Rodgers, etc. Then I have issues
2 years ago, did you ever imagine the Colts would release Peyton Manning?

I agree that if they all get cut, it's bad...but if it happens to 1 or 2 of them, that would fall on the realistic side I would think. After Super Bowl 24, I never imagined the 49ers would get rid of a 4 time winner, 3 time MVP...but once Joe Montana was hurt a year later, the team promoted Steve Young & never looked back.

The Colts ousted Unitas. The Jets ousted Namath. These things happen, and if they never did in Madden then each year would become predictably stale.

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Old 06-14-2012, 11:02 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 0

They forgot to mention no coop play in cc on one console. I dont know why this continues to not be at the forefront of things that are missing.

Yeah play now.....
Old 06-14-2012, 11:19 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001
i believe editing, especially mid-CC has more to do with goals than anything else. say you changed reggie bush from rb to wr, like i did last year, his goals would prolly not update for his new position till the next season. this could be worked out by allowing position changes only during the off season. i would think ratings would cause a similar problem, elite players you edited down would still have elite goals and backups you edited up would still have backup goals. that would have a huge effect on progression/regression. i dout numbers and equipment are really the issue and they will find a way to get editing those in
that doesn't explain why you can't edit a roster and start a new CC. you can only start CC with official roster updates.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:31 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1744
Doubt its an XP issue more likely an online control issue or to do with from wher CC gets its entry data
It's an xp issue....

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2012, 11:32 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneKIller
I understand why FULL editing would mess with the XP.

But how could editing equipment,positions and numbers mess with it?
Equipment and numbers, not an xp issue. But ratings and position are.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »