Home

Madden NFL 13 Connected Careers Mode Preview

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Connected Careers Mode Preview within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2012, 11:48 PM   #217
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
quick question on practice, can you play this mode as many times as you want or is there a limit to how many drills you can do every week?

One practice per week.
Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-14-2012, 11:08 AM   #218
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 13 Connected Careers Mode Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
quick question on practice, can you play this mode as many times as you want or is there a limit to how many drills you can do every week?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
One practice per week.
Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
You have to MANUALLY RUN players through a drill each week? This just keeps getting more and more arcade. I understand many like it this way. But it keeps getting more unrealistic. Wish their were options to be able to choose different progressions systems.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:14 AM   #219
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8

@bucky practices can be simulated.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:20 AM   #220
Banned

OVR: 28

How are trades approved or disapproved? For example, if two cpu teams propose a trade, the commissioner can veto the trade right? What about any other trade proposals? These can be approved/disapproved, correct?
Old 06-14-2012, 11:26 AM   #221
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001
@bucky practices can be simulated.
Do all players go through the simulated practice. Do we set up a practice schedule? What criteria is used to determine how much better they get and better in what areas? So far I'm seeing XP points that I dole out. Even if you can tell the computer to automate progressing/regressing abilities, what calculation is used by the CPU to gather XP points and turn that into progression/regression? And how as a coach do I effect that in a realistic/real world manner? I can't hire assistant and positional coaches that would effect how quickly players learn. I don't set up practice schedules to determine what the team should emphasize. The only control I have is some unrealistic gaining and doling out of XP points.

Again, I can see why people would like this and have fun with it. My beef is that it is FAR from realistic. Progression, scouting, should have had incredible depth by now with options to turn things on/off or select different ways to calculate progression.

I'm not at all upset that an arcady progression system is in Madden, I'm just upset that it is the only progression system to choose. I want something much more realistic. So I'm not bashing you guys for liking it. Just please don't tell me that it's realistic.

Oh, and this isn't directed at you. I realize you were just trying to give more info.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2012, 12:21 PM   #222
MVP

OVR: 16
Calling the progression system arcady or unrealistic 36 times does not make it so.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:35 PM   #223
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bichettehappens
Calling the progression system arcady or unrealistic 36 times does not make it so.
No, but it being it does. So where are all the real world variables? What realistic variables do I control as a coach to improve my players? Where are the assistant and positional coaches? Where is the realistic practice schedule? Where do you set up schedules for team and individual practices? How do player personalities play into how well they practice or study film? How is me picking certain attributes on a player to increase realistic?

Calling it realistic doesn't make it realistic.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:37 PM   #224
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Isn't realistic and arcadey subjective?

Just leave it at that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »