Home

What Madden NFL 13 Connected Careers Gives, Takes Away and Might Have (Kotaku)

This is a discussion on What Madden NFL 13 Connected Careers Gives, Takes Away and Might Have (Kotaku) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2012, 11:41 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: What Madden NFL 13 Connected Careers Gives, Takes Away and Might Have (Kotaku)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAM3R4LYF3
Well I can understand how it would be an XP issue. I mean if they were to implement total editing mid franchise like last year, then their whole new XP concept could be rendered useless. Many people would have a mindset similar to; "Why bother saving up experience points to boost awareness by 1 when you can just edit all of the same player's rating up by 10 with no effort?"
If you created on on/off switch for editing who cares how people use editing and XP. You want to play in an Online League with XP do it. You want an offline Franchise/CC with editing do it.

I don't get the whole debate about this at all. If you designed it properly you could have XP and editing on at the same time and enjoy the XP experience and then just use editing relative to attributes on players outside your team to fine tune progression to your liking. For example, if you don't want some players in the league increasing their speed because there are too many guys with 97 speed or something because of the XP progression you can dial them back. If you think all the tackles need to have 30 blocking strength because DE can't get pressure you can edit all the tackles if you want.

Just give people the option for crying out loud and they can police themselves however they want.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:44 AM   #34
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.
Re: What Madden NFL 13 Connected Careers Gives, Takes Away and Might Have (Kotaku)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
Equipment and numbers, not an xp issue. But ratings and position are.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Okay, so this is why any roster Donny changes for us, we'll have to completely restart CCM from the beginning..?

What I think this proves, though, is that storylines/twitter/xp was definitely coded/programmed first and editing/customization the latter, afterthought to see if it'd work. It should have been the other way around.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:07 PM   #35
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Equipment and numbers, not an xp issue. But ratings and position are.

Bring in edited rosters before starting CCM would mess up XP?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2012, 12:10 PM   #36
Rookie

briz1744's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001
i believe editing, especially mid-CC has more to do with goals than anything else. say you changed reggie bush from rb to wr, like i did last year, his goals would prolly not update for his new position till the next season. this could be worked out by allowing position changes only during the off season. i would think ratings would cause a similar problem, elite players you edited down would still have elite goals and backups you edited up would still have backup goals. that would have a huge effect on progression/regression. i dout numbers and equipment are really the issue and they will find a way to get editing those in
I see what your saying but tend to disagree, for sure rating edits would effect goals and progression thus attained but only in extreme examples significantly and could easily be taken into account when editing
Position changes for the most part even less so, I would imagine a 3-4 OLB and a 4-3 DE would have similar goals, as would all OL and even a receiving or 3rd down RB and a slot WR
Only changing a player completely would be too much of am issue and this is rare excluding 'cheese'
Old 06-14-2012, 12:17 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingteeth
Okay, so this is why any roster Donny changes for us, we'll have to completely restart CCM from the beginning..?

What I think this proves, though, is that storylines/twitter/xp was definitely coded/programmed first and editing/customization the latter, afterthought to see if it'd work. It should have been the other way around.
Thats how EVERY SPORTS GAME WORKS. Just because they put out the latest roster doesn't mean it will update your in progress career.

its not a conspiracy... They made the game the way people have asked for it for years. I'm sorry if that doesn't fit the way you play. Having a functioning game mode is (IMO and many others) more important than being able to edit rosters.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:22 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1744
I see what your saying but tend to disagree, for sure rating edits would effect goals and progression thus attained but only in extreme examples significantly and could easily be taken into account when editing
Position changes for the most part even less so, I would imagine a 3-4 OLB and a 4-3 DE would have similar goals, as would all OL and even a receiving or 3rd down RB and a slot WR
Only changing a player completely would be too much of am issue and this is rare excluding 'cheese'
Use this for an example... a kicker has several ratings that it holds important such as KPW and KAC. Those attributes are going to be VERY expensive to upgrade, the rest will be relatively cheap. Now say a player has build up a good amount of XP with their defensive end, maybe enough to move a significant rating up 2points. Now after the game, a user edits that players position to Kicker... then bumps up all of his attritbutes for a very cheap rate. Afterwards that user moves that player back to defensive end and now has a beast. Thas how it would break the XP system with editing.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:27 PM   #39
Rookie

briz1744's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
It's an xp issue....

Ok thanks I'm no software engineer but other than the time to integrate it I fail to understand why there should be any fundamental problem
Wouldn't progression merely act on the edited data in the same way as if it had occurred by previous progression ?
Some explanation would be appreciated
Old 06-14-2012, 12:27 PM   #40
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
And who would want to do that?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »