Home

What Madden NFL 13 Connected Careers Gives, Takes Away and Might Have (Kotaku)

This is a discussion on What Madden NFL 13 Connected Careers Gives, Takes Away and Might Have (Kotaku) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2012, 12:27 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: What Madden NFL 13 Connected Careers Gives, Takes Away and Might Have (Kotaku)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
Use this for an example... a kicker has several ratings that it holds important such as KPW and KAC. Those attributes are going to be VERY expensive to upgrade, the rest will be relatively cheap. Now say a player has build up a good amount of XP with their defensive end, maybe enough to move a significant rating up 2points. Now after the game, a user edits that players position to Kicker... then bumps up all of his attritbutes for a very cheap rate. Afterwards that user moves that player back to defensive end and now has a beast. Thas how it would break the XP system with editing.
How about position changes in offseason like NCAA and problem is solved. There are solutions to everything people come up with and for some reason they choose to just make excuses for stuff.....so frustrating. oh wait....that wouldn't fix it though I guess. What about just making all the attributes the same value at every position?

Last edited by DNMHIII; 06-14-2012 at 12:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2012, 12:28 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: What Madden NFL 13 Connected Careers Gives, Takes Away and Might Have (Kotaku)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
Bring in edited rosters before starting CCM would mess up XP?
It could mess up a lot of things, not just XP. They have already stated that having the game mode functioning correctly is a higher priority for this year than editing rosters. THAT is first and foremost why editing is not in. They need to spend their time making sure what is in the game is in there right.

the bugs editing would cause it the reason they aren't just going to throw it in "half-assed" if you will.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:29 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
How about position changes in offseason like NCAA and problem is solved. There are solutions to everything people come up with and for some reason they choose to just make excuses for stuff.....so frustrating.
If they don't have time to put in roster editing with the correct safeguards... where are they going to get the time to do that with the correct safeguards? Not to mention add in an entire UI for that as well????? C'mon folks, this isn't that difficult to wrap your mind around.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:30 PM   #44
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Well to throw in my two cents, I think most of us are quick to look at this stuff from our POV, not the programmers. I am not suggesting, that as a consumer, anyone has to but it makes sense when trying to understand why it happened, imo.

I am no programmer but from what I have read about various video game debugging and problem solving, it seems to become infinitely more difficult to pin point issues the more User options that are available. So if like many keep saying, they added the option to edit just equipment, positions and jersey numbers, without the proper time to test that option and/or figure out a way to quickly identify potential future issues after release, then we have the potential for another Transfer Fail type occurrence.

As a consumer the only thing we have to be concerned with is "does it work for me" but the Madden developers and programmers have to be concerned about "will it work for millions". Now granted that's their jobs and what they get paid for but that is also likely the reason they won't say "eff it, just add this option anyway".

I feel a certain way about the decisions that get made about Madden but I also try to remember that this game, which at best is an important vice for me, is those developers and programmers lively hood. Considering that, I would think they look to add all the feasible User options and customization they can, with "feasible" being at EA/Tiburon's discretion.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:34 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
If they don't have time to put in roster editing with the correct safeguards... where are they going to get the time to do that with the correct safeguards? Not to mention add in an entire UI for that as well????? C'mon folks, this isn't that difficult to wrap your mind around.
oh I get it that they ran out of time. I'm thinking downline so that the same terrible excuses aren't used over and over and over again. There really is a lot of potential to create a really great game that doesn't need to take steps backwards while trying to move forward and I'm just using my own common sense to inject some input on how that might be possible in hopes that maybe someone might read it and say "wow.......derrrrrrrr thats a really good idea and maybe I'll bring that to the team"......lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2012, 12:44 PM   #46
Rookie

briz1744's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Use this for an example... a kicker has several ratings that it holds important such as KPW and KAC. Those attributes are going to be VERY expensive to upgrade, the rest will be relatively cheap. Now say a player has build up a good amount of XP with their defensive end, maybe enough to move a significant rating up 2points. Now after the game, a user edits that players position to Kicker... then bumps up all of his attritbutes for a very cheap rate. Afterwards that user moves that player back to defensive end and now has a beast. Thas how it would break the XP system with editing.
Online against other users this would need to be controlled I agree hence commissioner only editing for ratings and position.
Offline single player surely what's the problem ? If people want to 'cheat' why shouldn't they ? They bought the game and it won't hurt me.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:52 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Wrong its an xp thing as well which is much more important to the mode. Not to mention they have other aspects to finish up before they worry about adding in the safe guards to allow editing in ccm.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
If you can edit rosters/ratings, then messing up XP really doesn't matter. That would be correctable through editing rosters.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:53 PM   #48
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
2 years really do go by quick. 😂

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »