Home

What Madden NFL 13 Connected Careers Gives, Takes Away and Might Have (Kotaku)

This is a discussion on What Madden NFL 13 Connected Careers Gives, Takes Away and Might Have (Kotaku) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2012, 12:54 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: What Madden NFL 13 Connected Careers Gives, Takes Away and Might Have (Kotaku)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAM3R4LYF3
Well I can understand how it would be an XP issue. I mean if they were to implement total editing mid franchise like last year, then their whole new XP concept could be rendered useless. Many people would have a mindset similar to; "Why bother saving up experience points to boost awareness by 1 when you can just edit all of the same player's rating up by 10 with no effort?"
And what's the harm in that? Those of us that choose not to, wouldn't be effected at all because we wouldn't be editing. What is really the big deal with this? Options!!!!
Old 06-14-2012, 12:54 PM   #50
Rookie

briz1744's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: What Madden NFL 13 Connected Careers Gives, Takes Away and Might Have (Kotaku)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
If they don't have time to put in roster editing with the correct safeguards... where are they going to get the time to do that with the correct safeguards? Not to mention add in an entire UI for that as well????? C'mon folks, this isn't that difficult to wrap your mind around.
I am not suggesting they rush out a broken feature more questioning the prioritisation if anything.
Also trying to ascertain whether by 'breaks XP' you mean causes stability issues or merely ridiculous progression which to me should be left to user choice
Old 06-14-2012, 12:55 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1744
Online against other users this would need to be controlled I agree hence commissioner only editing for ratings and position.
Offline single player surely what's the problem ? If people want to 'cheat' why shouldn't they ? They bought the game and it won't hurt me.
correct! But they have already said that they want the exact same functions between online and offline. So if they were to enable it, they would then need to code in safe guards in case of abuses.... then we are back at "if they don't have time to install it... how are they going to have time to enable safe guards lol"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2012, 12:56 PM   #52
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
oh I get it that they ran out of time. I'm thinking downline so that the same terrible excuses aren't used over and over and over again. There really is a lot of potential to create a really great game that doesn't need to take steps backwards while trying to move forward and I'm just using my own common sense to inject some input on how that might be possible in hopes that maybe someone might read it and say "wow.......derrrrrrrr thats a really good idea and maybe I'll bring that to the team"......lol
I think we all as passionate gamers need to be careful of not taking things that effect us personally in the game, as being personal from the company.
As much as I hate it, the excuses they give are likely true, based on the way they do things.

If I take my car to one mechanic that tells me it will take 3 hours to tune my car but another mechanic says it will take 1 hour for the same car, it doesn't mean the first is making excuses. It just means for whatever reason, the first mechanic will need more time than the second. I see EA/Tiburon the same way and as we all know, there is no other NFL gaming "mechanic" we can go to. lol
Old 06-14-2012, 01:00 PM   #53
Banned

Quote:
Use this for an example... a kicker has several ratings that it holds important such as KPW and KAC. Those attributes are going to be VERY expensive to upgrade, the rest will be relatively cheap. Now say a player has build up a good amount of XP with their defensive end, maybe enough to move a significant rating up 2points. Now after the game, a user edits that players position to Kicker... then bumps up all of his attritbutes for a very cheap rate. Afterwards that user moves that player back to defensive end and now has a beast. Thas how it would break the XP system with editing.
And who really cares if they do? If it's an offline franchise that's just his, why do you give a rats behind if that's what he/she does? Really, SO WHAT?
Old 06-14-2012, 01:07 PM   #54
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8

@bucky the same thing could also happen online and ruin the experience for others.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:08 PM   #55
Banned

Quote:
correct! But they have already said that they want the exact same functions between online and offline. So if they were to enable it, they would then need to code in safe guards in case of abuses.... then we are back at "if they don't have time to install it... how are they going to have time to enable safe guards lol"
They don't need the exact same features between online and offline. It's an if statement. If online then don't edit. A file can be checked if it's edited or not to not allow that files use online. They must already have that code in place to keep edited files from being used in Madden. Again, it would be an if statement. If online then don't edit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2012, 01:11 PM   #56
Rookie

briz1744's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
The only safeguard required is to make it only enabled for commissioners or the original league creator, this works on and offline

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »