Home

NCAA Football 13 Will Not Include The University of South Alabama

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Will Not Include The University of South Alabama within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2012, 11:13 AM   #105
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA Football 13 Will Not Include The University of South Alabama

Pretty sure this was revealed a couple of months ago.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2012, 11:33 AM   #106
Pro

OVR: 11

Some people go to great lengths to blame EA on anything. UoSA/NCAA didn't meet EA's deadline. Simply put it was better to not include them rather than risk it and have a Sam Keller lawsuit all over again if it didn't work.
Old 06-16-2012, 12:54 PM   #107
Gun Slinga

Twenty Four's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
right so they did all their research on the other three, but when it got to the Jags they just ran out of juice. got it, okay.
oh so they didn't generate the sun belt schedule this year ? Oh okay. Mustve missed that. Because that's all the research it would've took.

@GatorGangB
PSN: GatorGangB
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/GatorGangB
SOS Crew All-Time: (123-71)
2-Time Crew Bowl Loser
Madden 18:
SOS- Lions/Jets
10YF- Cowboys
Old 06-16-2012, 12:59 PM   #108
Banned

FloydNDLAL's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutdown_corner3
oh so they didn't generate the sun belt schedule this year ? Oh okay. Mustve missed that. Because that's all the research it would've took.
ROLF you know that NCAA has to approve them to be in the game and then they have to get all sorts of legal rights from the university for them to be in the game. UoSA didn't meet EAs deadline that's the bottom line.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:55 PM   #109
Rookie

OVR: 10
Here's hoping that they can patch them in later as update. As for the fact that the univ officials didn't know that weren't included doesn't mean that they failed to meet EA's deadline. I don't ever recall any universities officials having a video gaming task force on their payroll @ Maryland to verify inclusion in a video game. The NCAA's provides the list of FBS teams including new entries well in advance and this should have been confirmed. Full Sun Belt conference schedule along with two outer conf games ( Miss St & NC State). Hmm, now you got me wondering If this is the Big 10 or 12 conferences, would this have been missed?
Old 06-16-2012, 02:08 PM   #110
Rookie

pj_28's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltool
Anyone throwing blame at ea is showing their age. People under the age of 25 really have no understanding of how business and the real world works. when you want your institution represented in an officially licensed product of an organization you belong to, it is your institutions responsibility to provide accurate and timely information and go through he proper legal Channels to do so. It is not ea's responsibility to make sure collegiate institutions cover their bases and follow through on their end and provide all the needed info. The ad and Sid of USA should've set this ball in motion 2 years ago. Blame usa's administration for not handling this in the correct manner. Do y'all realize that usa's ad had no idea they weren't in the game until angry alumni notified them.
I don't know if I qualify as throwing blame at EA since I blame all three parties for this oversite but I am over your magic line of 25 years old. Now the more I have looked into it the less blame I put on EA and the only reason I still give them any is because if they had made it a priority to get a response from the NCAA or UoSA they would have gotten one. Does that mean they should have to hound them for an answer no, but could they have to get a response? I know an old owner for a buisness I used to work at was terrible at responding to anyone, if people wanted a response they had to bug him frequently for him to finally get back to you. I am not saying that is a good way to do things just that it happens. So while EA did not get a response and that means they could not put it in I feel that if it was higher on their list of priorities they would have been able to get confirmation.
Now if I am way off base and EA did keep attempting to get a response and the NCAA and UoSA just ignored it I take back saying EA had any fault.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:18 PM   #111
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutdown_corner3
even more proof that this had nothing to do with laziness or lack of effort on EA's part. Again give me one sound reason why they would put any effort at all into the other three school's and then just quit when it got to the Jags. so far in this thread I haven't heard one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2012, 02:45 PM   #112
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
even more proof that this had nothing to do with laziness or lack of effort on EA's part. Again give me one sound reason why they would put any effort at all into the other three school's and then just quit when it got to the Jags. so far in this thread I haven't heard one.
Lazy is just the word frustrated fans and consumer are rightly or wrongly using to voice frustration.

I think it goes to a lack of QA, which again isn't a lazy issues its just that a quality issue. Like the time EA shows us they fixed Iowa's fasemasks, then when the game is released they are wrong again NCAA 11 was the game I think. Just a lack of QA IMO.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »