Home

NBA 2K13 Cover Athletes Are Kevin Durant, Blake Griffin and Derrick Rose

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Cover Athletes Are Kevin Durant, Blake Griffin and Derrick Rose within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2012, 12:54 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K13 Cover Athletes Are Kevin Durant, Blake Griffin and Derrick Rose

Are we getting all three on one cover or are we given the option we had last year in choosing our respective cover athlete?
Old 06-26-2012, 01:05 PM   #58
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
It's really sad when you have a large community of people that are doing a way better job of supporting a game for free (sliders, rosters, and in this case, game covers) than the people that are actually getting paid to do it.
lol some of you are going to criticize every little thing regardless. The game has sold millions the past few years and it's not because of the cover, because every year there are people that have issues with the cover. I'm hoping there'll be a more dynamic looking cover myself but I don't think people are plopping down $60 primarily because there's a pretty picture on a box. And there isn't a sports game out there where it's respective community isn't doing a more thorough job with rosters, sliders, etc. Hell even mainstream games like Skyrim that are held in high regard have people modding it and being critical of the developer efforts. Not saying 2K can't do a better job, but imo it's not that serious. Seems it's casually dismissed that they have probably the most content rich sports title of this generation - no, they need to make sure they nail the cover too. Again, I'm not entirely disagreeing with you. But some perspective, please.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 06-26-2012, 01:23 PM   #59
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61

Nice to see KD.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:25 PM   #60
Rookie

jarod43's Arena

OVR: 4

I like the cover, instead of one athlete they chose 3, way to be different but i just wanna know how come LeBron James still hasn't been on an NBA video game cover. I know now it may be difficult because LeBron haters probably wont buy it, but even in his cavalier days i think he deserved to be on a video game cover. It baffles me a player of great talent like his and still no one offers him to be on a video game cover. Maybe he doesn't want to be on the cover of a basketball game but i doubt that.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:31 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
We'll be talking about more details soon.
An announcement about an announcement?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2012, 01:35 PM   #62
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostbobsaget
With all due respect to 2K, I don't like this cover. It's too bland and generic with the three of them on the cover.

It would be a much better cover if they weren't all going up for a dunk. It's all the same, repetitive action in the three of them. It would be a more cohesive and creative cover if the three were blended together where maybe Griffin was going up for the dunk, Rose was dishing a no look pass to the right, and Durant was talking a jumpshot (putting Griffin in the middle, Rose on the right dishing a no look, and Durant taking a shot on the left and away from the center.)

Blend those together with an effect from the bottom center and you would have a cover that has an element of action.
Yeah I was thinking something similar. Blake has to be dunking. Rose they could have shown him sprinting , then dishing and Durant shooting a jumper.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:39 PM   #63
Plata o Plomo

iLLosophy's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
lol some of you are going to criticize every little thing regardless. The game has sold millions the past few years and it's not because of the cover, because every year there are people that have issues with the cover. I'm hoping there'll be a more dynamic looking cover myself but I don't think people are plopping down $60 primarily because there's a pretty picture on a box. And there isn't a sports game out there where it's respective community isn't doing a more thorough job with rosters, sliders, etc. Hell even mainstream games like Skyrim that are held in high regard have people modding it and being critical of the developer efforts. Not saying 2K can't do a better job, but imo it's not that serious. Seems it's casually dismissed that they have probably the most content rich sports title of this generation - no, they need to make sure they nail the cover too. Again, I'm not entirely disagreeing with you. But some perspective, please.
Spank, why do we always end up on opposite sides of discussions?

If you want perspective, here's mine. They just launched two marketing campaigns (one for the "big surprise" of all-star weekend, and the other being the cover), creating a lot of hype and trying to stir the interwebs - and when they both were revealed the general reaction was this:

Spoiler

Bottom line, I don't have a problem with the cover or allstar weekend itself. I have a problem when the hype and promotion (i.e. facebook campaigns, twitter hashtag counts) is highly outlandish compared to the actual content or feature they are revealing. There's only so many "Wait till you see what we have this time" cards they can play on subpar surprises before people just write you off as selling wolf tickets.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:13 PM   #64
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
Spank, why do we always end up on opposite sides of discussions?

If you want perspective, here's mine. They just launched two marketing campaigns (one for the "big surprise" of all-star weekend, and the other being the cover), creating a lot of hype and trying to stir the interwebs - and when they both were revealed the general reaction was this:

Spoiler

Bottom line, I don't have a problem with the cover or allstar weekend itself. I have a problem when the hype and promotion (i.e. facebook campaigns, twitter hashtag counts) is highly outlandish compared to the actual content or feature they are revealing. There's only so many "Wait till you see what we have this time" cards they can play on subpar surprises before people just write you off as selling wolf tickets.
that's the world of marketing my friend, no different from McDonalds, Burger King, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »