Home

2K Sports Announces NBA 2K13 Dynasty Edition

This is a discussion on 2K Sports Announces NBA 2K13 Dynasty Edition within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2012, 02:30 AM   #73
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: 2K Sports Announces NBA 2K13 Dynasty Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
So you're saying that the All-Star Weekend pack is only for blind sheep that are willing to cash out blindly before any reviews even come out? Before they know if the product is worth their money?

Horrible move, 2K. Horrible, absolutely horrible.

Not only your PC fanbase gets no respect once again, but you're actually expecting console gamers to buy the game without reading a single full review of it. Or they don't get the content.

An All-Star Weekend pack is significant content, 2K. You can't just say "either buy it even if it turns out to be ****, or you're not getting this content ever".

Screw this.
Blind sheep?

Old 06-29-2012, 10:03 AM   #74
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Blind sheep?
Yeah, perhaps his message was a little overboard but if I interpreted it correctly I think I agree with his general premise. I'm definitely bummed about the idea of All-Star Weekend being exclusive content only for those who pre-order. On that same hand, most of the comments from 2K folks have been, "at this time, All-Star Weekend is only available via pre-order." As a consumer I sort of wish for such a statement to be more definitive, as in, "All-Star Weekend Content will never be available via DLC. Pre-ordering the game will be the only means of acquiring this mode" or "Yes, we do have plans to eventually release All-Star Weekend separately. However, to acquire the mode immediately, one must pre-order."

On top of everything else, as someone who traditionally does not pre-order games, I'm curious as to whether the All-Star Weekend product will be available to most anyone who buys the game on release day. Last year, it was maintained that the '91 Warriors and '02 Kings would only be available via pre-order. However, codes were available to many who bought the game within its first shipment.

Last edited by VDusen04; 06-29-2012 at 10:05 AM.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:09 AM   #75
All Star

OVR: 21

Isn't that how it normally is though? I'm thinking of other companies that offer preorder bonuses but don't recall. Usually the caveat is you get the preorder content for "free", but it's usually offered as DLC at some point down the line whether for extra $$$ or as a time-delay release.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2012, 11:14 AM   #76
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
agreed...I don't know why they didn't have one for this guy

Because that guy would want some of the profits.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:47 PM   #77
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Isn't that how it normally is though? I'm thinking of other companies that offer preorder bonuses but don't recall. Usually the caveat is you get the preorder content for "free", but it's usually offered as DLC at some point down the line whether for extra $$$ or as a time-delay release.
Yeah, that'd actually be great. My issue comes with providing a portion of a product to some consumers but not to others, if ASW ends up not being released as payable DLC at any point. I've used this example a few times already, but I don't believe it's particularly the coolest business move to disallow my little brothers from having the All-Star Weekend in the game just because they have to wait until Christmas (or later) in order to make their purchase of NBA2K13.

Again, it'd just be nice to hear a definitive, "Listen, if you pre-order, you'll get the ASW for free. However, if you don't preorder, you can still receive the ASW, you'll just have to pay." Or, on the flip side, they could say, "The only way you'll ever be able to acquire the All-Star Weekend is through pre-ordering, because it's never ever going to be released as DLC."
Old 06-29-2012, 02:12 PM   #78
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
Because that guy would want some of the profits.
I think the word you're looking for is "all".
Old 06-29-2012, 06:27 PM   #79
Pro

OVR: 26

Please tell me this is not the biggest announcement in 2K Sports history that they were talking about.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:35 PM   #80
2K Sports Community Manager

LD2k's Arena

OVR: 24

Droppin some hints in this week's Community Weekly Update (#3): http://2kgam.es/2KSportsWeeklyUpdates

Master of Operation Sports .gifs

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »