Home

$27 Million Settlement Announced in EA Madden Price-Fixing Lawsuit

This is a discussion on $27 Million Settlement Announced in EA Madden Price-Fixing Lawsuit within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2012, 05:30 PM   #153
Banned

MaddenNFL13's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: $27 Million Settlement Announced in EA Madden Price-Fixing Lawsuit

I hope EA still can make NCAA Football and Madden NFL video games im afraid there be no NCAA Football 15 and Madden NFL 15. So they better just settle the lawsuits and still let EA make NCAA Football video games and Madden NFL video games. If there no NCAA Football 15 and Madden NFL 15 my life will be ruined. September 27th 2012 determines my life in these video games NCAA Football and Madden NFL.
Old 07-22-2012, 05:43 PM   #154
43M
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenNFL13
I hope EA still can make NCAA Football and Madden NFL video games im afraid there be no NCAA Football 15 and Madden NFL 15. So they better just settle the lawsuits and still let EA make NCAA Football video games and Madden NFL video games. If there no NCAA Football 15 and Madden NFL 15 my life will be ruined. September 27th 2012 determines my life in these video games NCAA Football and Madden NFL.
You need help.

I just want competition. As much as I want EA to lose the exclusive license, I dont want them to completely stop making these games. Just something to push them.

The NFL deserves a huge share of blame. Goodell is such a bum. There is no reason for thise exclusive license other than for Goodell and the NFL to have a say about what is put into the games.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:04 PM   #155
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenNFL13
I think you're looking at this all wrong bruh. They will still be able (and probably will) to make video games -- what most of us are hoping for in this case is that someone else jumps in to make a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2012, 06:13 PM   #156
Rookie

reddogmaddogbul's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

$27 Million Settlement Announced in EA Madden Price-fixing Lawsuit
SAN FRANCISCO – Attorneys representing purchasers of Electronic Arts, Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) (“EA”) football video games have reached a proposed settlement over claims that the gaming giant violated antitrust and consumer protection laws and overcharged consumers for the games.
Dose this mean Ea has to lower there prices on madden and ncaa going foward?The reason I say this is because if EA violatedantitrust and consumer protection laws and overcharged consumers for the games "correct me if Im wrong"ea will not want to renew the exclusive licence because the nfl gets a share/percent on each game ea sells. Now if this is not the case whats the whole purpose of this lawsuit anyway if ea didn't break any "antitrust and consumer protection laws" in the first place????Not really sure of the intricacies of the case but from the outside looking in, this sure does look like ea did something alot more sinister than relase broken games.This may spell GOOD NEWS here for us fellow football fans.Again correct me if Im wrong ,but common sense is telling me ea will not want to renew the exclusive licence because the nfl gets a share/percent on each game ea sells.

Mega
Football is in the building.

Last edited by reddogmaddogbul; 07-22-2012 at 06:20 PM.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:54 PM   #157
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddogmaddogbul
Dose this mean Ea has to lower there prices on madden and ncaa going foward?The reason I say this is because if EA violatedantitrust and consumer protection laws and overcharged consumers for the games "correct me if Im wrong"ea will not want to renew the exclusive licence because the nfl gets a share/percent on each game ea sells. Now if this is not the case whats the whole purpose of this lawsuit anyway if ea didn't break any "antitrust and consumer protection laws" in the first place????Not really sure of the intricacies of the case but from the outside looking in, this sure does look like ea did something alot more sinister than relase broken games.This may spell GOOD NEWS here for us fellow football fans.Again correct me if Im wrong ,but common sense is telling me ea will not want to renew the exclusive licence because the nfl gets a share/percent on each game ea sells.
This has no consequences on the price of the games nor the NFL exclusive contract. EA's acquisition of the NCAA and AFL licenses was seen as contributing to the anti-competitive behavior.
Old 07-22-2012, 07:03 PM   #158
Rookie

Forestman's Arena

It would be nice to see some competition as that makes many products better. However I'm not sure what company would be willing to take the risk financially.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:15 PM   #159
Banned

OVR: 49

2k already has a great engine with apf 2k8. Clean up graphics a lot, add in the nfl teams, uniforms, etc and a franchise mode and I'm already on board.

I bet 2k isn't as far behind at being able to release a new NFL game then some think.

I only play NFL games, but if 2k released a NCAA game, but offered a forza/backbreaker style logo maker and uniform editor.....as well as custom field creator....I'd pick it up every release

Last edited by wheelman990; 07-22-2012 at 08:17 PM.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:41 PM   #160
Rookie

IIRC wasn't the last 2K game sold for $19.99 right from release? I think I bought it because was a different football option that only costs 20 bucks. My 8 year old (at the time) actually preferred it to Madden.

Farther down in the settlement proposal it says that final claim forms will be due on March 5th, 2013 so I wouldn't be looking for EA money before about this time next year.

It also says any unclaimed money will be donated to a 501 C 3 non-profit called "Childs Play".

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »