Home

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD Review (360)

This is a discussion on Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD Review (360) within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2012, 11:48 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD Review (360)

Playing Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD is like listening to a really bad cover of a classic song.

The original lyrics are intact, though not delivered with the same force or inflection; the melodies are discernible, though many are well out-of-tune; the singer's voice and the band's instrument tones are modernized and overproduced in the worst way.

Essentially, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD is the video game equivalent of watching Miley Cyrus sing Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit."

Read More - Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD Review (360)
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2012, 12:08 PM   #2
Rookie

THE YAMA's Arena

OVR: 10
After reading this review, most likely won't be wasting my time or money on this title.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:54 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5
Terrible. I never played the originals and was hoping this would be the "essential" collection. I also read that more content would be available via DLC(not sure about this) but cant say that I'm shocked as seeing the name of the publisher. I would only be slightly less shocked if it were put out by EA.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:16 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0
I felt that this game was rather good. I didn't find the controls to be choppy at all, and enjoyed the return of my favourite levels from THPS THPS2. Although I wish they would've brought back local Multiplayer and competition rounds. The soundtrack for the most part was rubbish but I just play some Bad Religion or Sex Pistols and that pretty much fixes that (That's the beauty of the MP3 soundtrack feature of the Xbox 360). It felt refreshing to see that my Dashboard was advertising something that wasn't shoot em' up (Call of Duty Ughh) or some other random game that sucks. While the individuals should have added more material that was relevant to die hard THPS fans like myself, I feel privileged to play a healthy looking revamp of one of my all time favourite franchises. (I don't count anything after Underground 2). The graphics, at least to me, are pleasing to the eye, the mechanics are relatively smooth (I agree that they should have left the old get back on your board cinematic) and the break from the constant gunfire of modern day gaming is a blessing. I give THPS HD an 8/10
Old 07-23-2012, 06:06 PM   #5
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
I also am having fun with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2012, 07:54 PM   #6
Banned

b2th3m1th's Arena

Yeah I have no control issues, maybe you should check your controller. Only 7 levels? It was a $15 download thats just over $2 a level, plus online multiplayer and you can use your avatar for your create a skater. This game is great. I can't for the $5 DLC that added THPS3 best of levels.

More on the "only 7 levels" again this is a $15 remake (that they did a fantastic job on) and you expect a $60 experience. That's how this review comes off. Does it suck no local multiplayer? yes but that effects like 5% of the purchasers. This is the perfect pick and play game kill an 30 min before work type of game. I'd personally give this game an 8/10 based on price, functionality, and fun.

Oh and there is nothing wrong with the controls they work just fine on the x360.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:59 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1
I got to say i disagree with the score, Im having a blast with this game.
Old 07-24-2012, 03:30 AM   #8
Rookie

This is the worst review I've ever read! Use the analog stick like a man the graphics are great for a $15 game. This isn't a full $60 retail release. The guy that wrote this clearly sucks at games, and is either the most jaded douche bag ever, or is being paid to hate on this title. People don't believe this review its total BS and is full of false critiquing of this game. Seriously the most misleading garbage I've read in a long time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »