Home

NHL 13 Overhauls Its Trade Interface

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Overhauls Its Trade Interface within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2012, 08:40 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NHL 13 Overhauls Its Trade Interface

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Yep it only took a few years of constant hounding but /Rock voice FINALLY...PLAYER SEPARATION.. HAS COME BACK, *raises eyebrow* TO NHL.
I'm not hopeful of that. A few lower ratings aren't going to make players feel much different, especially since people can do that manually already for mixed results. New ratings aren't going to give star players unique animations or unique dekes. Or give the lower rated players clumsier animations to show the skill gap.

I'm more convinced that we will see noticable team strategy separation after altering each line slider manually. But individual players will probably skate the same and act the same as always.

Last edited by liberaluser; 07-24-2012 at 08:44 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:44 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Prospect rating of 4 or higher? I guess we're gonna see a revamped potential system.

The writer I found comical. Montreal wanted a top six forward and he offered Bouchard and a 2nd and was upset that it wasn't accepted? Sounds perfect to me.

Last edited by 06woz; 07-24-2012 at 08:46 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:25 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberaluser
I'm not hopeful of that. A few lower ratings aren't going to make players feel much different, especially since people can do that manually already for mixed results. New ratings aren't going to give star players unique animations or unique dekes. Or give the lower rated players clumsier animations to show the skill gap.

I'm more convinced that we will see noticable team strategy separation after altering each line slider manually. But individual players will probably skate the same and act the same as always.
I highly doubt a 70 rated 4th line grinder is going to have the same top end skating speed of say a Stamkos. They don't in 12 and that has less player separation when it comes to ratings than 13 will.

It's a shame they don't demo the game on Superstar with passing sliders adjusted, I'd think we'd get far fewer "players still turn on a dime" "Same ol broken defense" type comments than the thread showing 5on5 gameplay garnered.

Fact is, there is a difference in players in 12, It's just not as pronounced as most of us would like. Lowering ratings and bringing more stats to the forefront as being important in engine isn't going to do nothing at all. That makes no sense.

That's not even taking into account the new strategies and coaching options. (pinching D men for example)

I highly doubt the game is going to play like every skater on the ice is the same, speed wise and everything else, because it's already not like that.

You can already see defensive AI improvements in that Dmen don't flat out chase all over the zone, they go back to defend the front and the forwards move to pick up guys as they should. That didn't happen before. That alone is a huge major improvement imo.

Last edited by RealmK; 07-24-2012 at 09:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2012, 10:13 PM   #12

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

I don't get why they don't just do what Madden(which is also made by EA Sports) does for their trade stuff. You just mention players being traded, and you'll get offers from everyone, offering stuff for what you're trading.

EX- Lets say I'm dealing a 5th and 4th round pick, I'll go to the trade finder, select both those picks, then when I search for a trade, lots of teams will be offering me 4th round picks, some might even offer a 3rd round pick.

Trade Finder is the most helpful part of franchise modes in madden and nba games, sucks MLB doesn't have it(though at least MLB has an interest level meter), but NHL games are probably worst game to make trades in
Old 07-24-2012, 10:16 PM   #13
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

I was going to comment on the game, but I can't stop staring at Zach Parise and Ryan Suter in Wild sweaters...
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:20 PM   #14
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06woz
Prospect rating of 4 or higher? I guess we're gonna see a revamped potential system.

The writer I found comical. Montreal wanted a top six forward and he offered Bouchard and a 2nd and was upset that it wasn't accepted? Sounds perfect to me.
He offered Butch and a 6th round pick and the CPU gave him feedback that the deal was close, so he upped it to a 5th then 4th then 3rd then a 2nd and the CPU feedback was the same every time. His point was that the CPU should have said not even close with the first offer.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:33 PM   #15
Rookie

THE YAMA's Arena

OVR: 10
I'm still on the fence about getting this game or not. I like what I'm reading about the new trade interface, however.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2012, 10:46 PM   #16
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

If this game hasn't excited you into buying it, I don't think you'll ever buy another NHL game :P

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »