Home

NBA Live 13 Being Shown to Select Outlets Thursday

This is a discussion on NBA Live 13 Being Shown to Select Outlets Thursday within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2012, 03:22 PM   #129
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: NBA Live 13 Being Shown to Select Outlets Thursday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson24
WHy is it so hard for people to accept that we like Live? It's a live forum, of course we are going to be in favor of it and any news we can get our hands on. Not news from the past or the evil ways of EA.

I'm not aplogizing for Live 13, I haven't even played it. Either has anyone here. I should be mad and feel underapprectiated because a game that is due to release in oct isnt out yet and not being given the utmost attention and interaction with its consumers?
And the bolded is where you are being so misguided.

Most of the people pissed off are pissed because they want a good Live to be released. They're not here to simply bash the game.

If you knew their posting history...then you would know exactly where they're coming from.

The same people you're knocking spent countless hours working on rosters, sliders and all sorts of twerks to previous Live games to get them better. Many of us have been burnt year after year investing money and time into NBA Live.

We want 2 good games and 2 good options.

But keep on thinking differently since you know so much...
Old 08-02-2012, 03:25 PM   #130
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
WHy is it so hard for people to accept that we like Live? It's a live forum, of course we are going to be in favor of it and any news we can get our hands on. Not news from the past or the evil ways of EA.

I'm not aplogizing for Live 13, I haven't even played it. Either has anyone here. I should be mad and feel underapprectiated because a game that is due to release in oct isnt out yet and not being given the utmost attention and interaction with its consumers?
You realize no one cares that you like Live right? Hell I like Live. I played the hell out of Live 05 back in the day. All-Star Weekend, dunk contest all that stuff? Yeah, I was all over Live back in the day and made continued to play it next gen. I think pretty much everybody here has some sort of positive feeling somewhere about the Live franchise.

People showing skepticism about a game and company that has dropped the ball repeatedly for half a decade isn't "hating" on it or "bashing" it or "trashing" it or any of this other crap some of you guys keep coming up with for this product. What is going on is demanding the best from the biggest publisher in the world with the most resources in all of video games and to not continue pissing on our legs and telling us it's rain.

You think people want the game to be out now? Not even close. This game isn't even due to be out in October considering it's not even at Beta right now. We know that because they just told us that a day ago. Stop bitching about people showing skepticism to this whole process and start asking your developers some damn questions that deserve to be asked like 'Why did you cancel a game that you expressed that you felt wasn't up to the level of quality you want your games to be at and then proceed to waste your development time picking through the pieces of that same trash to the point that it's August 2nd and you're not at Beta yet?'
Old 08-02-2012, 04:42 PM   #131
Banned

OVR: 0

Because they owe us nothing...

Disappointed that the news isn't better...yes but look at the action this board is getting now. Can only go off with whats been layed out by them. Live is due out in oct. It's using ant tech found in other games with improved physics, live 10 controls(hooray no shotstick), good graphics, espn presentation, online modes, synergy stats

Im not butthurt cause I'm content with Live 10 and can get a game online any night of the week.

I put Live 10 in the top five all time of games I like. Until they take down the servers....then I'll come and complain at the evils of EA for letting a cult classic die.

If Live 13 for whatever reason doesn't come out, I'll be the first one here for them to keep the Live 10 servers alive like they did when elite got cancelled. Hopefully they will update the rosters or re-release as a digital download with updated rosters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2012, 04:51 PM   #132
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

Disappointed that the news isn't better...yes but look at the action this board is getting now. Can only go off with whats been layed out by them. Live is due out in oct. It's using ant tech found in other games with improved physics, live 10 controls(hooray no shotstick), good graphics, espn presentation, online modes, synergy stats

Im not butthurt cause I'm content with Live 10 and can get a game online any night of the week.

I put Live 10 in the top five all time of games I like. Until they take down the servers....then I'll come and complain at the evils of EA for letting a cult classic die.

If Live 13 for whatever reason doesn't come out, I'll be the first one here for them to keep the Live 10 servers alive like they did when elite got cancelled. Hopefully they will update the rosters or re-release as a digital download with updated rosters.
With this post, you confirmed just how clueless you really are. That is all. nothing wrong with you liking Live. The highlighted part and clueless, go hand in hand, if you dont get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes
Old 08-02-2012, 05:11 PM   #133
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
They owe use everything, we are former customers and potential customers for the product they are about to release.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 08-02-2012, 05:30 PM   #134
jsg
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaintuna
I'll answer this - Nothing but pure SPECULATION.

I think many here on OS want Live 13 to fail and not deliver for various reasons. I would not be surprised if there is some "business partnership" between OS and the 'other' NBA game and part of that is too trash their competition.

This sort of thing happens all the time between certain video game companies and certain video game sites/retailers. It's not uncommon whatosever and it would not surprise me in the least if that's what is going on here with EA's Live 13.....especially considering all of the NEGATIVE comments about Live 13 yet NOT A SINGLE PIECE OF INFORMATION has been released/shown/advertised/discussed/previewed about the game.

Kind of odd to be trashing a game based on past reputation, don't you think? Or maybe that's part of their agenda.
I would like to be part of this "business partnership". I could use some extra cash or free games.

Don't you judge everything on past reputation? If a restaurant gives you crap service 2 prior times, are you going to go there a 3rd time?

I used to be a die hard Ea Sports fan. I would buy Madden, NCAA and Live every year with no questions. I laughed at the 2k fans when Madden got the exclusive license. Now, I buy Madden and NCAA every 2 years and I haven't liked Live since 05. We need competition. We want to have a choice. We want to play the best sports games ever made. That's what next gen was supposed to be. I want to have the equivalent of Uncharted or Halo 3 but as a basketball game. I don't care what company makes it.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:44 PM   #135
Banned

OVR: 0

What exactly do they owe us? A product released before it's supposed to be released? Videos? A laid out marketing strategy? An invite to a preview? The best basketball game ever? Competition? A shotstick? If thats what you are expecting then you are clueless.

Go make your own game if thats what you want. As fomer customers did we not get what we bought? What have you purchased in Live 13 that you havent gotten? Is it your time and energy you want back? Recognition?

What do they owe us?

Last edited by Wilson24; 08-02-2012 at 05:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2012, 05:59 PM   #136
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
first you say this.. now youre asking this:

Quote:
What exactly do they owe us?
you really are confused.. which one is it with you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »