Home

Madden: How do you call your passing game?

This is a discussion on Madden: How do you call your passing game? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2012, 08:15 PM   #25
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden: How do you call your passing game?

I honestly have 2 different strategies. In online league games I'll run the ball a lot with some short passes and attack deep down the field off of play action.

In offline I'll generally pass to set up the run. I do run a lot of 1 WR backside plays as I like have 2-3 WRs on my dominant side to look at then the possible fall back on the backside. I generally make one or 2 hot routes depending on how I read the coverage/blitz. Once I've gotten a flow going i'll run from Draws and 3+ WR sets.

This will probably all change in M13 as I feel in NCAA13 I can finally pass well due to the new system. In M13 I will probably run a typical Saints offense attacking the seams, dump offs to HBs,etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2012, 07:46 AM   #26
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

In my attempt to learn to play QB so that I can go online against some friends, I've begun to call my own offense in some Play Now games and I've been MUCH more successful calling my passing plays by route. My route of choice has been the drag and I only call plays where one of the routes is a drag. I just love that route as it's easy for me to see if it's open and it is a fair amount of the time. In addition, the guy running the drag varies so that helps me spread the ball around. The WRs/TEs in 13 seem to do a good job at turning up field and getting YAC so the short route makes a pretty efficient passing game for me.

I do all of this from a spread offense which also opens up the running lanes for my CPU controlled HB.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:56 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 1

in m12 i kept it simple as i was the qb; slants, curls, posts, drag, streak (hardly wever threw deep0

in m13 im using coach mode, my qb is new and not skilled so same routes, except add wheel route for hb. short passing which gives defence minimal chance to interfere. its there to help the run game, and if that takes off then pa. but again pa short patterns.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:29 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I like to take shots down field. I throw probably throw half my passes at the 15 yard mark or so. I'll take an additional 5 shots or so downfield--that's the Raider fan in me.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:39 AM   #29
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

i throw short to set up deep passes and like to pass to my rb found a good deep ball pass to them that when done right 2 passes can net the rb 100 yards catching.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:58 AM   #30
Rookie

stp2081's Arena

OVR: 19

Learning from some other poster, I now switch my offensive playbook each game and use "Ask Madden" each down and select from one of the three plays. This has usually worked very well, produced a very fun challenge, and I always have the option to audible into something else pre-snap (although I avoid doing this much).
Old 11-15-2012, 01:06 PM   #31
Banned

AaronS444's Arena

OVR: 0

West Coaster for life. I'd bore the H@ll out of most people I'm sure.

My FB's and TE's get alot of work. IRL, my WR's would be going crazy. They rarely lead my team in receptions, NEVER in td's.

TE Z, TE corner, and TE out are my $$$ plays. TONS of screens too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2012, 01:13 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 2

I use my dualshock 3 controller.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »