Home

Madden NFL 13 Video - Tennessee Titans vs. Cleveland Browns in the Snow (TSO)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Video - Tennessee Titans vs. Cleveland Browns in the Snow (TSO) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2012, 11:27 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Madden 13 Video Titans Browns Snow(Retail) Thanks to Tradition Sports

It is just not LEs, but LOLBs too. I gotten sacks with Kerrigan and not Orakpo. They need to balance out the Tackles.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:28 AM   #18
Rookie

bucknut88's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Wow, loved the out of bounds pass by Colt McCoy.

Maybe this year the difference between Colt McCoy and A-Rod is obvious.
In the demo, I've noticed a big difference from Eli to RGIII throwing the ball. That's what I like to see!
Old 08-16-2012, 11:28 AM   #19
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Now that I thought was terrible.
Agreed. And I don't see this being resolved this year as it looks like they need to add a distinction in between offensive and defensive players to the ball carrier as a subset to momentum. The engine needs to be able to tell the ball carrier to put a hand up and react to blockers realistically with respect to relative speed. Right now it appears it is only reading it as a pure physics equation of force and vectors and the user is responsible for manually adjusting speed, which just isn't possible with maddens controls.

The engine needs to take into account teammates and intended direction but not allow that to trump momentum. For example if the rb runs into a pulling guard he should go down. If the are both going in the same direction he should not slam into the back of him and fall because the engine should slow his feet to dispel some of the impact.

I will say though that all the other tackles in the video looked good and much improved.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:30 AM   #20
Rookie

bucknut88's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
It is just not LEs, but LOLBs too. I gotten sacks with Kerrigan and not Orakpo. They need to balance out the Tackles.
How much of this is a flaw and how much is is that most QBs are Right handed and it's much easier for them to throw the ball moving to their right than to their left? By doing so, you open yourself up to being sacked by the left side of the defense....

It may not be that simple I know, but just saying this could be the problem as well. In playing the demo, I notice that even a little bit of pressure from the right side and the QB moves to his right a little bit..
Old 08-16-2012, 11:34 AM   #21
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrobag
I don't know if this was identified earlier, but it looks like they have the same attendence issue in bad weather games. the stands are half empty. The crowd sounds great though.
That was Cleveland though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2012, 11:36 AM   #22
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Most qbs being right handed dictate that the LT be the much stronger of the two. That's why LTs make a fortune in comparison. I am actually alright seeing this as I nerf my pass rush with sliders anyway to get a realistic number of sacks. I put my better coverage and run stoppers to go up against the blind side tackle and leave my pass rusher to the other side.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:38 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut88
How much of this is a flaw and how much is is that most QBs are Right handed and it's much easier for them to throw the ball moving to their right than to their left? By doing so, you open yourself up to being sacked by the left side of the defense....

It may not be that simple I know, but just saying this could be the problem as well. In playing the demo, I notice that even a little bit of pressure from the right side and the QB moves to his right a little bit..
Dont have a problem with the sacks. It just the rate of success of shedding the blocks on the right side of the line compared to left.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:38 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
That was Cleveland though
Didn't matter last year though......even Lambeau Field had empty seats in snow games.........playoffs, no less........!!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »