Home

Madden NFL 13 Continues Historic Start

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Continues Historic Start within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2012, 06:01 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Madden sells 1.65m, 1.4m connect online, 700k MUT

I'm definitely one of those people playing online CCM solely because it works and offline doesn't. I hope they don't take too much pride in the online numbers and start not worrying about offline play. I only even have a Live account because I wanted to play the demo. I'm not likely keeping a Live account after this month.

But I'm starting to assume EA and the consoles have some sort of agreement or incentive with online play. From EA requiring active online accounts to having online CCM work but not offline even though it's supposed to be running from the same source would lead me to believe there's some incentive EA is getting.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:07 PM   #10
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
How many followers does he actually have? I know I don't follow him. The lead designer says don't play offline and that's not going to have a significant impact? His Xk followers, all the gaming sites, and all the friends of these people and all the friends of friends. Plus all those that give up on offline because it's broken.The numbers would go beyond the tweet followers.

Wait for offline CC to get fixed, then do some statistical analysis. Don't do it when offline is broken.
As of right now, 9,855 followers. It would take some awfully creative math to move the needle on the 1,400,000 people connected online based on any statement he made. Think OS is big? The CCM impressions thread... one of the more popular on the front page (well, it's a sticky)... a little more than 200 people have submitted CCM impressions during the busiest time of the year for this section of the forum.

I'd love to see anything not (intentionally?) vague to back up that thought though.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:28 PM   #11
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.

What about us 89m people mentioning bugs and glitches and lack of features? We don't get any love?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2012, 06:29 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
As of right now, 9,855 followers. It would take some awfully creative math to move the needle on the 1,400,000 people connected online based on any statement he made. Think OS is big? The CCM impressions thread... one of the more popular on the front page (well, it's a sticky)... a little more than 200 people have submitted CCM impressions during the busiest time of the year for this section of the forum.

I'd love to see anything not (intentionally?) vague to back up that thought though.
I was actually referring to the 24 million games played, not the 1.4 million logins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2020: 52-39
Old 09-06-2012, 08:08 PM   #13
MVP

mestevo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greencollarbaseball
I was actually referring to the 24 million games played, not the 1.4 million logins

Would be interesting to see a breakdown of what those 24 million are. Player v player, play now, Online CCM, MUT or if it's possible offline CCM but w/ an active internet connection are included. The latter sounds unlikely, but pretty sure they collect that info too.

Last edited by mestevo; 09-06-2012 at 08:18 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:15 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 49

My question is does Madden connect online everytime you are logged in, or is this truly online games only?
Old 09-06-2012, 08:19 PM   #15
MVP

mestevo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
My question is does Madden connect online everytime you are logged in, or is this truly online games only?
I am pretty sure it does, but the release is pretty explicit about saying it is for online contests. That probably includes Player vs CPU Online CCM, but that wording would seem to exclude offline CCM that still phoned home.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2012, 08:23 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 0
It probably includes simmed games also.

2020: 52-39

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »