Home

Madden NFL 13 Title Update #2 Available Now (Updated to Include Full Details)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Title Update #2 Available Now (Updated to Include Full Details) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2012, 11:58 AM   #177
Rookie

ProbieByKO's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 13 Title Update #2 Available Now

All I've noticed so far:

-schemes now save in offline ccm.
-created players can now be starters right away.
Toronto Blue Jays (2005- )
Toronto Raptors
Toronto FC
Old 09-11-2012, 11:58 AM   #178
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by candide
Is there any way somebody who has downloaded the update (I guess on XBOX) can tell us if there are any differences, and if so, what they are? I'm just curious about what is included in this update.

As for what people are talking about, I hated this Madden out of the box. But then I started playing it, and the more I play CCM the more I like it. I love what they are doing, and I can't wait to see the mode once the bugs are worked out. I like the idea of giving us something new after 10 years instead of just updating what they had, which would have been far safer and easier.
The most notable change I have seen is with the physics engine as they have toned it down a great deal. No longer are you seeing tackles where people just bounce off each other as if they are on the moon. No more arms and legs flailing oddly or contorting into impossible positions. A lot of the unpredictability of the tackles and animations though are gone imo. The motto you will never see the same thing twice doesn't hold as much weight anymore. Tackles have more weight/impact due to this change but they look more predictable/repetetive. I feel this change has helped the CPU running game a little as they aren't falling down at the slightest contact with OL/defenders anymore. Noticed no cpu changes regarding playcalling/a.i.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:00 PM   #179
Rookie

OVR: 1

Can you choose your own scheme on off and def when creating a coach in offline ccm now?
Old 09-11-2012, 12:01 PM   #180
Rookie

ProbieByKO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danish ram
Can you choose your own scheme on off and def when creating a coach in offline ccm now?
A friend of mine says you can, and they save. This was confirmed a few pages back by another poster on this thread.
Toronto Raptors
Toronto FC
Old 09-11-2012, 12:02 PM   #181
Banned

OVR: 0

HAS ANYONE GOTTEN THERE PS3 PATCH YET??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2012, 12:04 PM   #182
Rookie

ProbieByKO's Arena

I just checked the Madden twitter Feed and they just posted that ccm rosters will not be posted until Friday the 14th.
Toronto Raptors
Toronto FC
Old 09-11-2012, 12:04 PM   #183
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by zionblitz21
HAS ANYONE GOTTEN THERE PS3 PATCH YET??
PS3 comes out later today, no need for the caps, we hear you.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:05 PM   #184
L.A. to S.D. to HI

Boltman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker
Can we keep this thread on topic and leave the flamming for the 200 other threads that are here for that?

I for one would like to hear what ppl are noticing with the patch.
Another thing I noticed right now besides the players no longer flopping all over one another.

Don't know if it was like this before (never noticed) but players (when looking at their career stats) now have free agent next to their new team instead of the team they're actually on.

Example is that I use the Bolts in my offline CCM and we got rid of Ryan Mathews and picked up Ryan Grant. For Grant it lists Packers every year till he got to the Bolts and now it says Free Agent along side of the stats he's accumulated as a Bolt.

Same thing with Mathews, says Bolts for the years he was on my team. Now with the Broncos it says Free Agent.

That isn't a "fix" in my book, kind of an oddity but none the less something I noticed.

That is all I have so far, I'll keep looking for little things. Gonna play a few more games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »