Home

Madden NFL 13 Title Update #2 Available Now (Updated to Include Full Details)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Title Update #2 Available Now (Updated to Include Full Details) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2012, 12:12 PM   #193
Pro

kc10785's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 13 Title Update #2 Available Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaley
I'm a software developer for a living (albeit in server-side business middleware, which I'd argue is way simpler than platform game development).

This game has only been released to the public for two weeks. Depending on the bug sometimes it takes that long just to reproducible bug, triage it, and get a patch for it and get it committed to the main code line. This isn't even counting manual QA and several other things that go into the release process. This stuff isn't easy.

Chances are the stability fixes being mentioned are things that were causing actual loss of gameplay, crashing, major loss of functionality, but were only rarely occurring such that the risk of releasing the game with those bugs in there was small and they've probably been able to successfully reproduce and patch those critical issues.

Developers aren't gods and can't just simply "write more code" to fix something. Give them a break in expecting something so soon.

Of course, with this said, there are lots of warts (and CCM gameplay!) that really should be able to get patched in time for that bigger patch that people keep alluding to in 1-2 months. Realistically hold off on being disappointing until then. The fact there actually seems to be a somewhat predictable patch cycle shows that EA Sports actually does care here - I've worked in software shops that didn't care before and never bumped priority on things that caused loss of functionality for a minority of users and didn't plan a patch cycle accordingly.

THANK U!!!
"For me, winning isn't something that happens suddenly on the field when the whistle blows and the crowds roar. Winning is something that builds physically and mentally every day that you train and every night that you dream." -Emmitt Smith
Old 09-11-2012, 12:16 PM   #194
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
All capitals appears as if you are yelling, ok?

Moving along.
haha it was a joke bro lol
Old 09-11-2012, 12:18 PM   #195
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProbieByKO
I just checked the Madden twitter Feed and they just posted that ccm rosters will not be posted until Friday the 14th.
So the week 1 rosters, come out for week 2? Great. With a lack of editing and custom rosters, the one thing EA needed to do was keep up with roster updates. They're failing miserably at that right now IMO. Sure we have the week 1 roster for play now, and that's fine because it came fairly quickly, but this update for CCM is really slow.

Glad to hear however, that the patch has apparently fixed the offline CCM scheme issues though. That's pretty important IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2012, 12:21 PM   #196
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
So the week 1 rosters, come out for week 2? Great. With a lack of editing and custom rosters, the one thing EA needed to do was keep up with roster updates. They're failing miserably at that right now IMO. Sure we have the week 1 roster for play now, and that's fine because it came fairly quickly, but this update for CCM is really slow.

Glad to hear however, that the patch has apparently fixed the offline CCM scheme issues though. That's pretty important IMO.
Maybe they wanted to have the ratings reflect what happened on week 1 for CCM? Its weird cause another EA rep on twitter stated it would come out today.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:22 PM   #197
Rookie

lon515's Arena

OVR: 6
Can someone tell me how to get the schemes to save because there still not doing it
Old 09-11-2012, 12:23 PM   #198
Banned

assclown25's Arena

OVR: 7

so just read review for NHL13 and they added CCM mode without taking out Franchise and editing players. Way to drop the ball Josh and crew, trading in M13 for NHL13. As big of a football fan as i am i cant handle this game without being able to edit or bring my own custom roster into CCM.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:23 PM   #199
Rookie

CajunPunk's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Everything about Madden 13 is what they said it would be...
So, the assisted tackles not being counted, bad late game AI play calling, time outs at 1:01, bad depth chart AI a few years into CCM, broken sliders, broken zone/man defense, schemes not saving, bad line play, etc. (almost all of which has been a problem for years) was to be expected?

I guess I should have read a little more.

My issue isn't with the modes but with the bugs that make the modes less fun year after year after year. Why that is so hard to understand is truly mind-boggling.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:25 PM   #200
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunPunk
So, the assisted tackles not being counted, bad late game AI play calling, time outs at 1:01, bad depth chart AI a few years into CCM, broken sliders, broken zone/man defense, schemes not saving, bad line play, etc. (almost all of which has been a problem for years) was to be expected?

I guess I should have read a little more.

My issue isn't with the modes but with the bugs that make the modes less fun year after year after year. Why that is so hard to understand is truly mind-boggling.
Depth Chart AI? I'm a little confused because I was sure that was working as intended (of course that leads to old running backs running well past there usefulness imo but *shrug)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »