Home

Many More NBA 2K13 Player Ratings Revealed - Knicks, Lakers, Bulls, Heat and More

This is a discussion on Many More NBA 2K13 Player Ratings Revealed - Knicks, Lakers, Bulls, Heat and More within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2012, 09:25 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 17
Re: Some Ratings from the NBA 2K13 Asian Media Meet-up

Pssst, dont tell the Lebron guys that he's only a 98. They will get pitchforks and torches ready.
I'm not owed anything by anyone.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:29 AM   #18
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltylerj
Jeremy Lin with more Sig Skills than Danny Granger and Al Jefferson is laughable.
Comparing a point guard with two forwards....I don't understand the issue here...
Old 09-17-2012, 09:32 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

In what world is Nate Robinson an 'A' caliber perimeter defender?! 2K, sort it out! A lot of players are getting by on reputation alone - 'Melo being the most egregious example, with his 92 overall. His defense isn't even at an 80, as far as I'm concerned.

I suppose we'll have to wait and see how the game plays out. But I'm always waiting on someone else to fix the game for me. And that's for player tendencies as well as attributes. If Antawn Jamison has another 25 ppg, 10 rbg season...

I think Tyson Chandler is deserving of an increase; he's the linchpin of the Knicks defense and primarily responsible for the Knicks' incredible defensive efficiency last season. Though, as long as his his defensive and rebounding ratings are high then I guess that's okay.

I don't knoww whether Asik's performance last season was just a product of the Thibodeau system, but I think he could be a low 70. His limited offensive repertoire aside, he's a defensive stalwart and his rebounding percentages are through the roof. I think he'll be a solid center at Houston.

It seems to be that offensive players are generally overrated and are given boosts in other areas of their game. I mean, really, Kevin Martin an 81? He conceded 109 points per 100 possessions last season. And even then his shooting percentages were pretty bad.

He's not on this list, but Kemba Walker has to absolutely be the most overrated player in 2K history. I don't care how terrible the Bobcats were last season, a 78 is absured for someone who shoots 36% and allows 111 points per 100 possessions. Hopefully Kemba can justify that rating this year, with the Bobcats' improved roster.

I disagree with a lot of these ratings. The 2K Insider is a joke and really needs to watch some basketball games and do some proper statistical analysis. It's not hard and I can't think of anyone who wouldn't want to be paid to watch NBA games.

I'll reserve my judgement on Signature Skills until I know how they work.

Of course, I'm happy that the Nets are rated higher than the Knicks I'm horribly biased so I'm not going to complain about Joe Johnson's 85 :P

And just to antagonise Kobe fans, LeBron should have Closer...
Old 09-17-2012, 09:34 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 0

I notice that everyone on the top of the Roster list is selected, EXCEPT for the Houston Rockets where you have Jeremy Lin highlighted ... Pretty funny.

Then again, its Asia Media lol
Old 09-17-2012, 09:34 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 6

wow-wow-wow, i like Vince Carter, but he's very overrated
also i like Duncan, but he's overrated too, what's wrong with 2k?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2012, 09:37 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa1nts
wow-wow-wow, i like Vince Carter, but he's very overrated
also i like Duncan, but he's overrated too, what's wrong with 2k?
NBA 2K raised the rating scale. Everyone was increased approximately +2 +3 higher than last season. Ex: Amare 84 overall would be an 82 overall in 2K12.

Inflation
Old 09-17-2012, 09:39 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 13

Wait wait wait......why is lebrons outside an A-, since when was lebron known as a knockdown shooter??
Old 09-17-2012, 09:45 AM   #24
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindo9595
Wait wait wait......why is lebrons outside an A-, since when was lebron known as a knockdown shooter??
Since he got a consistent mid range jumper and shot 36% from 3.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »